Is it time to replace Johnny Rockets?

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think the  5  Guys Fries are outstanding, they use fresh Potatoes, you see the bags of Potatoes piled up right inside by the tables and chairs.

Then the best part they fill the container with fries really full then put the fries in a bag, then they scoop in another whole scoop of fries into the bag over top the container of fries, so you get like 2 servings .

They also put just the right amount of salt on them, they are the best !!

Fresh made fries costs a lot of $$$ to have fresh, not spudding potatoes (as evidenced by the outrageous prices at 5 guys). Frozen fries (for an affordable price) are just fine with us. 

Edited by BirdTravels

If JR's is ever replaced, it will end up being the exact same thing.  The kitchens have large griddles and large deep fryers.   Realistically, what is the difference between two burgers with a bun, tomato, lettuce, and a meat patty of some type if they have different brand names?  For sure, they are not going to go upscale with the  meat if you want to keep it cheap.  Although, if they are, why would they bother to change the name?

Whatever the name is, you get burgers (and a variety of them), deep fried stuff, and shakes.  The only part of that set that *might* change is the special sauce and the shakes- since they would come from a corporate location.

If you really, really want a free burger and fries, go to the WJ.  The only real way the restaurants can make more money is if they become cabins.

On 3/19/2022 at 2:27 PM, Lane Hog said:

I go on a cruise to do and eat things in a way we don't see every day.

I admit the $10 is reasonable compared to the other upsell restaurants, but it's not quite experiential... nor is it different from what we can get at home.  Plus I can get all I can eat burgers and fries in Windjammer... every meal, every day.

And in a moment of complete hypocrisy, I don't think twice about grabbing a slice at Sorrentos... or a burger or side of fries at Guys when we are on CCL.  But those are free/already paid for.

I feel like I could have written this.

On 3/19/2022 at 8:13 PM, shof515 said:

at 5 guys, do not forget the peanuts tooo

The loose peanuts and the fries cooked in peanut oil is the reason why my family can't ever go to Five Guys, which is a shame because I used to love it. But I love my daughter more. 🙂

On 3/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, John&LaLa said:

We always enjoy it once a cruise. Nice break from typical cruise food.

I love getting that one free milkshake.  Their milkshakes are great.  Send my aloha to Laura.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, iuki said:

Never had one, but I’ve heard there’s no better burger.

It's good. I've definitely had way better burgers. (In N Out is another one of those "meh, we have it at home" chains that would not entice me to pay out of pocket for it on a cruise ship, kinda like Johnny Rockets.

• Haha 1