Mardi Gras Loft 19 cabana, worth the extra?

I am considering renting a cabana on Loft 19 for the week.  Can someone give me their opinion of the area?  We are booked in an Excel Aft Suite but other family members on in a balcony room so they can't go there with us.  I am thinking of getting a cabana so they can also join us but would love to hear from someone that's rented them and about the area in general.  Is it crowded?  Are the pools nice?  Etc.

I'd imagine they are very nice. From what I've seen posted, they haven't been selling that well. Excel suite guests prefer not to pay the $2000 fee since they do have access to the rest of Loft 19. I'm not too sure about weekly rental as I always leave the ship on port days. I'd probably prefer to rent for a single seaday at $500 for up to 5 pax. If your family group is more than 5, they should book the Seaday rental to gain access since you already have access as an Excel suiteholder. Although lightly used to date, the exclusivity will be more desirable as Mardi Gras approaches max capacity.

Edited by mondello
Correction

• 1 month later...

The cabana's are comfotable. The loft 19 area is nice. The cabana guests are well taken care of by the loft 19 staff. There are 2 hot tubs that overlook Serenity area. The hot tubs are a nice temp and when we were onboard they weren't crowed even when all the cabana's were rented. Lots of comfortable loungers. The staff will get you lunch, bring snacks, drinks, towels, fruit... It does get windy. The flooring that is on deck 16 17 18 and 19 gets extreamly hot!! 

On 5/1/2022 at 5:04 PM, drpepr said:

Is it a pool in the Loft area or a hot tub?  I see different things on different sites.

thanks

It is a hot tub but not a hot hot tub. It is cooler than most hot tubs but hotter than the pools on the ship.

• 9 months later...

Did you finally decide on booking the cabana?  We are sailing in an excel aft suite this April (spring break so I'm sure it's busy).  I have booked a cabana however I'm not sure we actually need it.  Was loft 19 busy most of the time or were chairs available?  Do the bartenders service the guests that do not have a cabana?  Most of the cabanas are still available for my week.  Which cabana number did you have and do you recommend one over another?  

5 hours ago, RemmoS said:

Did you finally decide on booking the cabana?  We are sailing in an excel aft suite this April (spring break so I'm sure it's busy).  I have booked a cabana however I'm not sure we actually need it.  Was loft 19 busy most of the time or were chairs available?  Do the bartenders service the guests that do not have a cabana?  Most of the cabanas are still available for my week.  Which cabana number did you have and do you recommend one over another?  

We picked cabana #5, as it's off to itself to some degree (not sharing see through walls with other cabanas).

Tom

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We picked cabana #5, as it's off to itself to some degree (not sharing see through walls with other cabanas).

Tom

Thank you for responding.  Is this the one you would pick again?  I have 9 and 5 reserved but am leaning towards 9 for the same reasons.  I'm still deciding if we even need it since our balcony is so nice.

16 minutes ago, RemmoS said:

Thank you for responding.  Is this the one you would pick again?  I have 9 and 5 reserved but am leaning towards 9 for the same reasons.  I'm still deciding if we even need it since our balcony is so nice.

I can't be sure - we have not had a chance to try it yet (May '23). I originally had #10 booked, but made the switch.

Tom

33 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I can't be sure - we have not had a chance to try it yet (May '23). I originally had #10 booked, but made the switch.

Tom

So, I sail before you (April 23).  I will let you know how it goes.  Thanks again for responding. 

12 minutes ago, RemmoS said:

So, I sail before you (April 23).  I will let you know how it goes.  Thanks again for responding. 

Sounds good.

We'll be on the Mardi Gras next Saturday, and will have a closer look (nothing reserved for this trip).

When/where do the cabanas show up to book?  Booked an excel suite, but planning on getting one for at least one sea day so our friends in Havana can join us, so I'm wondering when I should start looking for them.  Do they list them under excursions or is there some secret squirrel access code I'll need.

4 hours ago, kman99 said:

When/where do the cabanas show up to book?  Booked an excel suite, but planning on getting one for at least one sea day so our friends in Havana can join us, so I'm wondering when I should start looking for them.  Do they list them under excursions or is there some secret squirrel access code I'll need.

There is a code that was posted on cc, but I have not seen them offer anything other than the full week for purchase before the cruise.  If there any open on your cruise, they will rent those for the day.  

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:53 PM, kman99 said:

Mine was always shown as sold out for our April cruise.  One day I happened to check again, and they were all available.  My guess is they open them a few months before the sail date.  My sailing is only showing up as week-long reservations not daily.  I paid $1750 for the week.  All of the videos seem like it's a ghost town so not even sure we need it. 

17 minutes ago, RemmoS said:

...I paid $1750 for the week.  All of the videos seem like it's a ghost town so not even sure we need it. 

That's not bad.

I was hit up for $2,250 for our 8-night sailing on the Celebration in May... and with tax/fees/whatever it totaled $2,655... yikes

Tom

Copied and pasted for reference: "Here is the link that I used to actually book one. I have to be logged in for it to work.

https://www.carnival.com/cabana/loft-19-cabana-HB2"

Used this link today to book a Loft 19 Cabana for our March 26 cruise on the Celebration.  We have had No. 12 twice on the MG and loved it, as you have a wind break behind you (it is the bar for the Loft 19 area; no guest access) and can easily see whether others are in the "aquarium", so we booked that one again.  I do agree that No. 5 is a good pick as well, as it is more private. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Copied and pasted for reference: "Here is the link that I used to actually book one. I have to be logged in for it to work.

Used this link today to book a Loft 19 Cabana for our March 26 cruise on the Celebration.  We have had No. 12 twice on the MG and loved it, as you have a wind break behind you (it is the bar for the Loft 19 area; no guest access) and can easily see whether others are in the "aquarium", so we booked that one again.  I do agree that No. 5 is a good pick as well, as it is more private. 

How much was it for a week in March?  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, lazydayz said:

I think I read they will bring you lunch.  Is this a one time a day thing or can you order food (snacks) whenever you want? I'm assuming it's off a menu?  Can the normal chairs in loft 19 get the food or just the people that paid for the cabanas? 

4 hours ago, RemmoS said:

I think I read they will bring you lunch.  Is this a one time a day thing or can you order food (snacks) whenever you want? I'm assuming it's off a menu?  Can the normal chairs in loft 19 get the food or just the people that paid for the cabanas? 

Only drink service for the regular lounge chair guests

5 hours ago, RemmoS said:

In a cabana, they will come around and ask if you want to order lunch.  There is a set menu, but they have also offered to go to Shaq's or Guy's if that is what we wanted.  I have only been in a Cabana, but agree with weezal that everyone in Loft 19 can order drinks from the servers.