Testing still required for Canadian cruises

Homosassa

17 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I could just feel it in my bones two months ago that Canada was going to continue to be difficult.

that is why I changed my plans to sail out of Seattle.  I would love to know how many others are switching plans.   I mean this darn testing those vaxxed and boosted has got to stop one day because it is not only stressful, but now we have to follow 2 rules, port and ship.

That is why I also canceled all European cruises and all of my 9 cruises will go from USA ports.

What cruise line are you sailing out of Seattle, or any other USA port,  that doesn’t require a pre boarding negative test? Either you test two days ahead for a US embarkation or one day for a Canadian boarding. Are you thinking that you need to test to come to Canada and do another to get on the ship? If so, you’ve got incorrect information. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

What cruise line are you sailing out of Seattle, or any other USA port,  that doesn’t require a pre boarding negative test? Either you test two days ahead for a US embarkation or one day for a Canadian boarding. Are you thinking that you need to test to come to Canada and do another to get on the ship? If so, you’ve got incorrect information. 

I was referring to USA ports being 2 day window to get on a ship versus the 1 day that Canada has.

Canada is confusing with doing things so I gave up and will just go out of Seattle.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, Homosassa said:

Like many of us, I was excited to hear that Canada had dropped testing requirements for vaccinated people entering the country.  That left only the hurdle  of Celebrity's requirement for testing. According to Celebrity, a rapid antigen test could be taken two days or less from boarding the ship.

However, I did not realize that Canada still has in place testing requirements for passengers boarding a cruise ship in Canada or arriving by cruise ship. Either a molecular test must be taken within 72 hours of boarding the ship or a Rapid Antigen Test within one day of boarding.

This causes a problem for me, and probably others, as I have a cruise that departs on Friday. I planned to do a Rapid Antigen Test on Wednesday, fly on Thursday, and board on Friday. I will now have to do a molecular test sometime after noon on Tuesday.

In case anyone else needs to change testing plans for a cruise leaving from a Canadian port, here is the Canadian website:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel

I am so confused.  According to the cruise rules, a Covid test needs to be taken 2 days or less.  However the Canadian site says it must be 1 day or less in order to board the ship.  2 days is great, 1 a little more complicated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mistshar said:

I am so confused.  According to the cruise rules, a Covid test needs to be taken 2 days or less.  However the Canadian site says it must be 1 day or less in order to board the ship.  2 days is great, 1 a little more complicated.

Celebrity has not yet announced their protocols for cruises from Canada.Their website says "Where local government regulations differ, we will comply with local requirements." 

Given Canada requirements you will have the testing option for a 72 hour molecular test.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, we feel the same way about your ongoing requirement to be tested to fly into the US, a requirement Canada has dropped effective April 1st. BTW, the timeframe for taking that test to fly into the US is exactly the same as the timeframe for the test to embark a cruise in Canada. We've been able to work with that, so I'm sure you could too if you tried.

Wish there was a LOVE button for this reply; but will settle for the "thank you" button. 🌟

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Homosassa said:

That is the way I read it.

Before someone on Cruise Critic (don't remember who) pointed out to me that Canada still had testing requirements for boarding a ship, I had planned to do a Rapid Antigen Test the day before flying (within two days of boarding ship).  

My plan has now changed to the NAAT rapid test because it is a molecular test and falls within the 72 hour Canadian restriction.

Yes, testing is the most stressful part of cruising for us as it is difficult to find test sites and appointments here in Florida. For our February cruise, the closest test site for us was sixty miles away from our home.

We’re you not originally considering the rapid NAAT? I am thinking the rapid NAAT test the morning of Thursday, 4/21, would work for boarding the Eclipse on Saturday, 4/23 in Vancouver. 

After getting off our cruise in Vancouver BC we are going to Victoria. We are taking the Victoria Clipper back to Seattle. I emailed Victoria Clipper to get clarification if we need to get tested to embark on VC from Victoria after April 1st. This is the answer I got. "Thanks for reaching out. No testing is required via a marine border which is treated like a land border." I'm trying to understand how many covid eMed tests I need to order for 2 up coming international holidays.