Have it All questions

ilv4cruising

Hi,

I'm trying to decide if the Have it All is worth the extra cost (vs. buying a beverage package and internet package only), if we have to upgrade.  I know it is subjective but I have some specific questions that would help in my decision 🙂

1 - SBP (drinks under $11).  My understanding is it will cost $10/day to upgrade to Elite instead of the $5/day online difference (and also what was communicated to me).  Sadly some of the single malts and wines we like are only part of the Elite so trying to understand total cost. 

2 - The Wifi that is part of the Have It All is only the Surf package.  Is that correct?  Normally I don't care about Wifi but this will be a different trip.  Is Surf good enough to do emails, post live reports on a blog etc or do I have to upgrade to Premium (yes I know wifi is iffy at the best of times 🙂 )

3 - Also I saw a post of a bar menu (from Oct 2021) that showed Glenmorangie single malt to be $11 but the brochure for the comparing the packages has that listed until the Elite package.  Can someone who has cruise recently possibly post a current bar menu please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I also have a ? -- If we add HIA & end up having to cancel the cruise for health reasons, is the cost refunded?  Can't figure out if it's non-refundable on all cruises or just the Alaska cruise tours ones.  TIA.

I think the cost between have it all and ala carte is about a wash financially.   Some people hate getting a big tab at the end and the HIA does help with that.    But unless you are a big drinker I don't think it pencils out.  

I bought the HIA on this cruise.  Probably won't do it again.   Having "free" drinks makes me drink more.    Not good for a variety of reasons.   Even though we can afford to pay for whatever drinks we would ever consume. There is something psychological going on that  makes me get that third glass of wine since "it's already paid for". 

so.   Ask yourself b. How much alcohol do you really want to drink on a cruise.   If it's a lot and you like drinking a lot - then HIA is probably a good fit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I also have a ? -- If we add HIA & end up having to cancel the cruise for health reasons, is the cost refunded?  Can't figure out if it's non-refundable on all cruises or just the Alaska cruise tours ones.  TIA.

It's refundable.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

We enjoy the specialty coffees and like having a few bottles of water on hand to take ashore so it's just not the bar drinks to consider.

i haven't asked but I am not sure if the "canned water" they sell at the gangway is included.  You can't get plastic bottles anywhere onboard anymore.

20 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

i haven't asked but I am not sure if the "canned water" they sell at the gangway is included.  You can't get plastic bottles anywhere onboard anymore.

Interesting about the plasti bottles. To the good!

In the past, "Gangway water" is additional to your SBP.

On 3/19/2022 at 1:44 PM, ilv4cruising said:

1 - SBP (drinks under $11).  My understanding is it will cost $10/day to upgrade to Elite instead of the $5/day online difference (and also what was communicated to me).  Sadly some of the single malts and wines we like are only part of the Elite so trying to understand total cost.

I was unable to upgrade to elite from my have it all on the March 13th sailing. At least guest services when I first boarded told me I could not. I did not try at one of the bars. 

On 3/19/2022 at 1:44 PM, ilv4cruising said:

Also I saw a post of a bar menu (from Oct 2021) that showed Glenmorangie single malt to be $11 but the brochure for the comparing the packages has that listed until the Elite package.  Can someone who has cruise recently possibly post a current bar menu please?

We were able to see the bar menus prior to our cruise on the navigator app. Perhaps you can too. I’m currently on the Eurodam. I could take a picture for you, but I’m not sure what you want to see on the menu and different places have different menus. 

I could also theoretically try and order the drink you reference, but I strongly feel that would not be helpful since SBP ‘rules’ seem to differ by ship to ship, bar to bar and person to person. 

I really enjoy having the HIA as I really don't have to stress out over things. I enjoy the specialty coffees, water, and a few beers, and a few cocktails as well as other drinks throughout the day. I also never go back to our room without getting a bottle of water. (that way we stock up for shore excursions) We also enjoy the other perks as well. I do agree with what was said above, if you are a drinker and are planning on using the wifi as well as eating at a few specialty restaurants it is worth it. For our upcoming cruise, we got drinks, wifi, two nights dining, $200 in shore excursion credits, and gratuities. For us this was a great deal and well worth it. I always say, "you do you" and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by mr. godfredo
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RedIguana said:

I was unable to upgrade to elite from my have it all on the March 13th sailing. At least guest services when I first boarded told me I could not. I did not try at one of the bars. 

I have always heard for this to work, it needs to be done at a bar from a bar tender (not just a server). AND before *any* purchase was made on the card. Mind, I have not done it as I am fine with SBP.  But I have read at least one "first person" account of it happening.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

I was able to add the new promo Onboard Spending Credit Offer: Promotion is based on Promo OF*. To our Panama HIA with no other changes (except I did have to bring the one deposit up from last month's $50 to the 50% deposit of $600 -- but the fare was the same). There are about 48 hours of this promo still to go!

Just a note for those that like to grab a bottle of water before heading out.  For several months hal had metal bottles with a screw top.  Now they’ve switch to cans.  At least this was the new thing on the koningsdam.  Once you open it that’s it.  You can’t re close it.  You could find the odd screw top on the k but they were at hot commodity.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Just a note for those that like to grab a bottle of water before heading out.  For several months hal had metal bottles with a screw top.  Now they’ve switch to cans.  At least this was the new thing on the koningsdam.  Once you open it that’s it.  You can’t re close it.  You could find the odd screw top on the k but they were at hot commodity.  

Just off Rotterdam. The beer can style are 12 ounces, screw open are 16. The 16 ounce screw tops were available to purchase 12 packs of for in room delivery at roughly $50. Apparently it is electrolyte water, and sells for about half of that in stores (Brand is Open Water). So not just basic purified or spring water. 

• Like 1