Kids Assigned to Different Muster Station?

chrislaurn

We sail in a little less than two weeks.  Husband and I are in a suite with the children in an interior directly across the hall.   When I checked our boarding passes, our children are assigned to a different muster station.  We are A3 and they are A4.  Is that basically the same place or are they in a different place?  If so, is this something we can change at guest services?  Thanks!

I am guessing that it is different places.  The muster drills (or safety drills) are now online, so you basically watch a video on your phone app (on your stateroom TV), then stop by the muster station location and they scan your room card.  In your case, you would have to stop by the two muster stations.  In the unlikely event that you actually had to report to a muster station they would keep the family together.

If you are still concerned, do stop by guest services for reassurance.

• Like 1

The muster video (featuring Shaq) clearly indicates that families traveling together will not be split up (around 5:50 in the video). If you are in doubt, or concerned, I would check with the staff at the muster station once you board, or guest services. As Ferry_Watcher mentioned, in the highly unlikely event that you need to report, they will not split up your family. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

Gives new meaning to "watch your brother/sister"!  I would think they would keep you together.  

Indeed. Especially during an emergency where shyt hits the fan and lifeboats are involved. No way would I even consider being separated from my kids. Not a chance in hades. 

• Like 3

Not sure if CCL still does the muster wristbands for younger kids, but if they do, make sure you get the bands for the muster station the adults are assigned to.  If they're in an activity when an alarm sounds, that's where the babysitters/minders will bring them.

Edited by Lane Hog
  • Like 1

When I last traveled on the Breeze (and I think maybe on the Vista, too), those two were both in the theatre.  There were multiple muster stations all in the theatre.  But different boat may have different situation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

When I last traveled on the Breeze (and I think maybe on the Vista, too), those two were both in the theatre.  There were multiple muster stations all in the theatre.  But different boat may have different situation. 

Different muster stations have different life boats associated with them.

• Like 1