72 Hour Sale w OBC and have it all- possible to rebook?

Ready2go11

I see on the website today that there is a 72 hour sale that includes $200 OBC. I booked a cruise to Alaska last week under have it all and received stated perks of the sale except the OBC. It says in the fine print that it applies to new bookings only. Has anyone tried to rebook to get this extra OBC?

Today I did "re-fare" (same fare but with OBC) for two bookings through the Panama Canal -- i.e. not even the Aus-NZ and Asia the email was featuring. I had to pay the full "50%" deposit on one booking, that was made under the previous $50 deposit 72-hour promo, but the final total did not change at all, just $100pp (for the first 2 persons in a room) OBC appeared on the new confirmation emails.

I did this almost effortlessly through my PCC. I emailed her about it and waited for her phonecall for the increased deposit I knew was going to be due. You would have to do it through whatever method you booked with. There are about 48hrs left on the promo!

If you are past final payment or you booked a non-refundable, your chances are poor.  Always try, though, since you never know. Yours says '" new bookings only" so likely not.

There are a lot of promos these days and it is impossible to know if a better deal is coming along. Very frustrating!

I have managed to refare our July Alaska cruise twice over the last week. The first time I received a price drop of about $500 but lost pre-paid gratuities and $50 OBC per person - but I was still about $200 ahead.

Today I was able to have the $200 OBC from the 72-hour sale added for the same price. As a reference point our final payment date is 21 April and we have the Have It All package. After three refares this cruise is now $1060 cheaper than when we first booked last year - not including the $200 OBC.

Thank you to OP for alerting me to the 72-hour sale.

Edited by Blazza
  • Like 1

Because of your post, I just learned that my June Alaska cruise is $900 cheaper.  I'm 93 days away from my cruise, so I could negotiate, as I'd gain $200 OBC but lose 2 White Pass Railroad Excursions ($268) and 2 gratuities paid ($217).

Geez, now I have to get on the phone...

Edited by PACD_JG

I had just booked  2 days ago back to back Panama Canal cruises on the Zaandam Feb 18-March 18 when I saw the 72 Hour sale with $200 OBC.  I was on hold with my big box to get a TA for an hour, then another hour for TA  to get through to HAL to refare. Success! I got the $200 for each cruise and they did allow me to keep my $200 welcome back OBC on the first cruise, so it was worth the trouble.

Just called and after a brief 10 minute hold the HAL PCC was able to add the OBC for my existing reservation (cruise is in October so not close to final payment yet). She did have to message a supervisor for approval but noted they have been receiving a lot of calls about this and the numerous other 72 hour sales that have been popping up. 

so glad the post helped others!

I was able to get the OBC even though I had paid off early.  My TA took care of it.  Did you notice that you can not use this OBC for gratuities?  I was reading the fine print and noticed that condition 

Yes, you can rebook if you cancel the original cruise. I also booked last week on the old promo. We took the Best fare, so it’s not refundable. The $200 pp OBC is a better deal than prepaid gratuities, but not as good a deal as the non refundable fare. In the end, it worked out for the best.

• Like 1

Called my PCC only to find she is off until Monday. Call HAL & on hold for 15 minutes then my call was dropped... Grrr!  Recall met with a 25 minute hold and a pleasant woman who took information, put me on hold again for about 5 minutes and returned with approval for $200 OBC for stateroom for October cruise (existing reservation) which we already had an HIA package. Long hold time but worth it. I wouldn't have called if I didn't read this thread so much thanks to all.