Towels when you go ashore

I am new to NCL and was wondering how you get towels from the ship when you go ashore?  For example, HAL puts beach towels in your stateroom, and DCL hands them out as you go off the ship.  I have a beach excursion booked with NCL, am planning on swimming at Harvest Caye,  and a beach trip on my own.  Thanks for the help! 

1 minute ago, TrumpyNor said:

NCL usually put beach towels in your cabin already on embarkation day. It can be exchanged to new towels at a towel station near the swimmingpool on board whenever needed. 

Haven't had any beach towels in my room post-covid.  But they did put them there before GSC, plus had them available on the island.  I would guess a similar set-up for Harvest Caye.

If there are a lot of beach excursions, they may have a stand set up just as you get off the ship where you can pick one up, return it there before boarding. Otherwise, you can pick them up at the towel station.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

NCL usually put beach towels in your cabin already on embarkation day. It can be exchanged to new towels at a towel station near the swimmingpool on board whenever needed. 

NCL stopped putting beach towels in rooms pre-pandemic.

The best way is to grab towels at the pool the day before your excursion. Otherwise, there will be a towel station somewhere in the disembarkation process, but it will be crowded. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL stopped putting beach towels in rooms pre-pandemic.

The best way is to grab towels at the pool the day before your excursion. Otherwise, there will be a towel station somewhere in the disembarkation process, but it will be crowded. 

On my last NCL cruise (summer 2019 - so loooooooong time ago), the beach towels were on our bed on embarkation day. This was a regular, port-intensive Mediterranean cruise.

I didn't know that they since had stopped doing this.

I believe you can still request beachtowels from your roomsteward though...

IMG_1538.thumb.JPG.d7929ae2b98c2320de33675c055d727b.JPG

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 5:40 AM, nalrudaini said:

as you get off the ship, there will be a towel station

^^^^ yes.

We got off the Joy yesterday. There was towel station on dock off the ship .... you go up, ask for # towels and the staff asks you for cabin # and lists it on paper. On return to ship you dispose the towels at same place and they again asks you for cabin #. Every one of the West Caribbean ports we visited.

No beach towels in cabin on embarkation, but there is towel station on pool deck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

We got off the Joy yesterday. There was towel station on dock off the ship

So did I, I can confirm that there was a towel station on the pier as you got off the ship.  I never used it, but when I got towels from the towel station by the pool they often seemed inconvenienced when I offered my room number (thinking they wanted to record it).

• Like 1