Ovation of the Seas-Alaska-May 5, 2022-May 13, 2022

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Forward on the right.  Am I mistaken (definite possibility)?

No, forward on the right would be starboard but the one picture of the wake appeared to be taken from the port side based on the way the wake was flowing. 

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

No, forward on the right would be starboard but the one picture of the wake appeared to be taken from the port side based on the way the wake was flowing. 

That’s a possibility.  I’ve taken so many pics, I forget which was taken where!

1 hour ago, cheyhaley said:

Super excited to see all these pictures! If you happen to be by the spa at all, I'd like to get a picture of the spa menu for this ship! Trying to decide if I should pre-book any of my treatments but not sure if there is a big price difference.

I think it’s typical…discounts on the first day and on days we’re docked!

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

No draft beer at any of the bars I’ve been to.  Haven’t been to all of them (yet), though!

They had Sierra Nevada and one other beer on tap in the pub and in Music Hall during the shakedown.  That's a bummer if they didn't restock.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Loving this so far.  We have our first Alaska cruise in September, so this is getting me pumped.  We'll be on Quantum but will then hop on Ovation to Hawaii.

I'm a former neighbor of yours.  Lived in West Chester until a year ago.  Kids went to Lakota East.

We will be on Ovation in Sep and then Quantum to Hawaii.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

They had Sierra Nevada and one other beer on tap in the pub and in Music Hall during the shakedown.  That's a bummer if they didn't restock.  

Just confirmed…draft served in The Pub and Music Hall.  

Edited by graphicguy

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Anyone cruising to Juneau…highly recommend the tram ride.  The views are spectacular!!!!

37226D52-FC3A-418A-92FC-6349DBBD6835.jpeg

8EACDD41-CB7C-447F-AB2F-37D65A29DC98.jpeg

3F4D6D24-7306-4A68-9E2C-45EEB77B0BCC.jpeg

We're planning on it when we were there 8 years ago the weather was lousy wouldn't have been able to see anything. Hope we get to do it this year. Did you pre purchase through the cruise line or  just get tickets at the tram?

37 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

We're planning on it when we were there 8 years ago the weather was lousy wouldn't have been able to see anything. Hope we get to do it this year. Did you pre purchase through the cruise line or  just get tickets at the tram?

I did pre-purchase through Royal.  You can purchase on-site, too.  It was popular, though.  Saw people in a long line to purchase on site. 

• Like 1

Someone asked about special nights…Disco Inferno Night is tomorrow night!

Just found out my Skagway tour was cancelled tomorrow.  No reason given.  So, will probably just wander around aimlessly!  I tend to do that a lot, anyway!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

On 5/7/2022 at 11:42 AM, graphicguy said:

It’s rumored that this is a first.  The WINDJAMMER is overcapacity.  This is the line waiting for tables to vacate.

4EA2657F-6923-441C-83DF-08BB26782B7D.jpeg

Do you know if all of the tables are open in the Windjammer? The last couple cruises they've had tables blocked for covid spacing.

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Just found out my Skagway tour was cancelled tomorrow.  No reason given.  So, will probably just wander around aimlessly!  I tend to do that a lot, anyway!

Which one was it?

7 hours ago, graphicguy said:

THANKS for the info on the theme night!  Hope you don't mind another quick question.  Any info on when onboard activities became available for booking prior to sailing (specifically the NorthStar on the Inside Passage and Dawes Glacier Days - understanding its a $ premium)?  The full complement of spa and dining experiences are available for booking now for a 5/20 sailing, but zero onboard activities.   

24 minutes ago, AeroBaldness said:

THANKS   Any info on when onboard activities became available for booking prior to sailing (specifically the NorthStar.  The full complement of spa and dining experiences are available for booking now for a 5/20 sailing, but zero onboard activities.   

AeroBaldness what kind of dining experiences can you book pre cruise?

Edited by Lorey2007

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

AeroBaldness what kind of dining experiences can you book pre cruise?

It looks to be everything is possible.  From the specialty restaurants (and related packages) to The Chef's Table and Taste of Royal.  All are running at a discount at the moment (appeared to be a 2-3 day "sale" as there is a countdown clock).  For example, the Unlimited Dining Package is currently running at a listed 45% discount; whereas the Chef's Table is running a 15% pre-cruise discount.  Log into your cruise and use the cruse planner "button".  I suggest not using the app to do so, as navigating things a my lap top has proven WAY easier.