Flight ideas from New York

Jacqueline

I am once again thinking of booking this trip! I would love to tap into the collective wisdom of the group for suggestions and experiences. When I did this trip 20 years ago with my kids (Tahitian Princess) I flew into LAX and stayed the night and resumed the trip, the next day. 
Thanks for any suggestions that you might have.

We’ve done this many times from NY.  For this coming June we found United to be significantly less expensive than Air Tahiti Nui or Air France.  We do this in one day.  United recently started flying JFK-SFO and the outbound flight is good. For the return we have to come in to EWR.

• Like 1

a few years ago we flew ny to honolulu and sailed the tahitian princess around the islands and then sailed to tahiti. a beautiful trip.  Flew back to ny nonstop atn.  They do not have that option anylonger.  I would if you could spend a few days in hawaii the hawaiian to papeete or fly to los angeles like our fellow poster and spend a night and the. continue on.  we love hawaiian of course lol and atn!  smooth sailing.

There are many hotels near the airport, most but not all have airport shuttles. Use google or Trip Advisor to check for hotel prices. You can long term park at some, and take the airport shuttle to the airport. We are Bonvoy Titanium Elite and have parked, and sometimes stayed at the Marriott on Century Blvd, a very nice hotel however their parking prices have increased pretty dramatically when we last checked. There are cheaper hotels, I don't know your budget and taste, you just need to look.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:17 PM, cayman09 said:

Any recommendations for hotels to spend the night between flights in LA?

You'd be best to look at recent reviews since many hotels are struggling post-covid. We've stayed at the Hilton several times, a quite decent Doubletree once, and the Sheraton. 

Thanks, I appreciate the input. We stayed in a Sheraton Suites airport hotel in December that was dreadful. We're Lifetime Titanium with Marriott and post covid it doesn't seem matter. I always prefer a recent review or recommendation from this board.