LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

4 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

People on board are mostly maskless and I do hear the coughing . My friends and I are always wearing our masks except when we eat or  drink. Even being cautious, one in our group tested positive last night.She had symptoms.

They made her change rooms to isolation this morning. No second week for them. They will be disembarked tomorrow. Fortunately they can be driven home tomorrow (Princess arranged).

I bet if the disembarking passengers were tested, there would be lots of positive cases.We will never know how many are walking germs.

Sorry to learn about someone in your group testing positive. I’m surprised that in-transit testing is so late today instead of in the morning. Maybe there’s no need to move to quarantine for tonight for anyone who tests positive.

10 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

People on board are mostly maskless and I do hear the coughing . My friends and I are always wearing our masks except when we eat or  drink. Even being cautious, one in our group tested positive last night.She had symptoms.

They made her change rooms to isolation this morning. No second week for them. They will be disembarked tomorrow. Fortunately they can be driven home tomorrow (Princess arranged).

I bet if the disembarking passengers were tested, there would be lots of positive cases.We will never know how many are walking germs.

Do you know if Princess allows you to drive home if you have own vehicle if test positive?

17 minutes ago, Sunwanabe said:

Do you know if Princess allows you to drive home if you have own vehicle if test positive?

Yes you can drive home. Friends on the Majestic with covid drove home after being tested positive.

Our current traveling friends had someone drive them to the port . Princess arranged for transportation for them to be driven home tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Yes you can drive home. Friends on the Majestic with covid drove home after being tested positive.

Our current traveling friends had someone drive them to the port . Princess arranged for transportation for them to be driven home tomorrow.

May I ask

Did you link bookings

and/or have these friends as traveling companions on Medallion App?

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

Yes, I am now in quarantine on the Dolphin deck.  I was actually afraid I had strep throat because my throat hurt so bad.  I called medical this morning to have a throat culture taken.  The first thing they did was come to our cabin to give us both PCR tests.  Mine was positive but my husband was negative.  He is able to stay in our cabin but can’t leave.  I was moved to a lovely deluxe balcony cabin on Dolphin deck.  Whoever had to give up D328, you missed a nice cabin.  We were supposed to stay on for the next cruise but we will be taken off of the ship tomorrow on turn around day and someone will drive us home.  I do have a headache, sore throat and head and chest congestion and I am just thankful I was boosted.  I have already been contacted by room service and they are bringing me some food so all is good.  

i edited to add that we are one of the few people who wear a mask everywhere on the ship except for eating and drinking.  So many are maskless, even in the elevators.  So be considerate of others and mask up!

Edited by CruisingJs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Will Discovery be like the car that's in the driveway sticking out over the sidewalk and onto the street? 🤪  

But at least there won't be an upset mailman who has to put his vehicle in reverse after putting your mail in the 📬

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

It sure does! Thanks for the info.

It must have just been too much of a logistical nightmare on your embarkation for them to repeat it 3 more times. 😳

It would have been doubly complicated because of passengers disembarking that were not involved in this week's sailing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

Yes, I am now in quarantine on the Dolphin deck.  I was actually afraid I had strep throat because my throat hurt so bad.  I called medical this morning to have a throat culture taken.  The first thing they did was come to our cabin to give us both PCR tests.  Mine was positive but my husband was negative.  He is able to stay in our cabin but can’t leave.  I was moved to a lovely deluxe balcony cabin on Dolphin deck.  Whoever had to give up D328, you missed a nice cabin.  We were supposed to stay on for the next cruise but we will be taken off of the ship tomorrow on turn around day and someone will drive us home.  I do have a headache, sore throat and head and chest congestion and I am just thankful I was boosted.  I have already been contacted by room service and they are bringing me some food so all is good.  

Sorry to learn that you tested positive & not Fernando but thankfully it was shortly before returning to SP and not during the coastal cruise.

Any info about how you’ll be compensated for the next cruise? Sad to miss the next cruise but hopefully you’ll have a better experience than others I have read about. Wonder how many in-transits will test positive & as Gloria wrote the unknown number of passengers who are disembarking with Covid.

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, dskenn said:

I still don't know if they have Nobilo or Dashwood.  Can you please ask in dining room tonight.

If not I am going to bring some on board.

I will do my best to remember to check the wine list tonight at Sabatini’s…Sauvignon Blanc?

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Sorry to learn that you tested positive & not Fernando but thankfully it was shortly before returning to SP.

Any info about how you’ll be compensated for the next cruise? Sad to miss the next cruise but hopefully you’ll have a better experience than others I have read about. Wonder how many in-transits will test positive & as Gloria wrote the unknown number of passengers who are disembarking with Covid.

Hey Frank @astroflyer

we were on the same bus as you to the pier.  We were told several on that bus are now quarantined and we could be considered close contacts.  Hope we all pass our tests later today.

We are onboard the beautiful Discovery Princess for her inaugural voyage. The service has been excellent in every regard. Very friendly staff and crew. Shows and entertainment have been great. Food quality has been uneven, with the buffet being at the low end of the quality scale, especially for breakfast.

Random observations and thoughts:

The Dolphin deck is closed off for quarantine on the starboard side, from mid-ship forward.  The aft cabins/suites are unaffected by closures.

The medallion internet has been excellent, but the medallion app has been an abysmal onboard failure, save for the ability to order drinks and have them delivered to your current location.

On the  masking situation. I like having a choice. If you believe that masks work, then you are safe around the maskless. If you or someone you know contracted covid, despite being a diligent mask wearer, then perhaps masks are not all that effective. Also, not all people who cough have covid. And not all people who have covid, cough. 

Glad to be disembarking at 93. That is going to save a lot of grief for everyone. I am guessing that Princess lobbied for pier 93 when they analyzed the cost of bussing folks  and hauling luggage down to berth 50. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Sorry to learn that you tested positive & not Fernando but thankfully it was shortly before returning to SP and not during the coastal cruise.

They just said we would be issued a refund but not how much or when.  We should get a partial for this cruise as well.

As far as I know, they haven’t tested any of the couples who had their booking linked with ours.  I know we had wondered in the past if a positive test during the cruise would affect friends who are linked.

I did discover there is no remote for the tv  in my quarantine cabin.  I called passenger services to have one sent up but she seemed confused as to why I went the whole cruise without a remote.  We’ll see if I get one.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Hey Frank @astroflyer

we were on the same bus as you to the pier.  We were told several on that bus are now quarantined and we could be considered close contacts.  Hope we all pass our tests later today.

Thanks for the info…in a few hours in-transits will get our test results to learn if we can sail on the next cruise.

We’ve mostly avoided public spaces except for eating & wear masks when outside of our cabin. Not that it will guarantee we won’t test positive but it’s better before SP than in SF, SB, SD or Ensenada. Still waiting our official cabin change info which is only a short distance away & have talked to our current & future cabin attendants.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

They just said we would be issued a refund but not how much or when.  We should get a partial for this cruise as well.

Thanks…we have their insurance so beginning to read our options just in case either of us test positive. AMCD posted that several on our bus with you are in quarantine. I brought at home test kits as a precaution which as yesterday all were negative. 🤞

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…we have their insurance so beginning to read our options just in case either of us test positive. AMCD posted that several on our bus with you are in quarantine. I brought at home test kits as a precaution which as yesterday all were negative. 🤞

We brought ten test kits ourselves.  So far so good but will feel better after ships test 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, enfuego4cruising said:

On the  masking situation. I like having a choice. If you believe that masks work, then you are safe around the maskless. If you or someone you know contracted covid, despite being a diligent mask wearer, then perhaps masks are not all that effective. Also, not all people who cough have covid. And not all people who have covid, cough. 

Thank you.

A few months ago I went to urgent care because I could not get into my own doctor for two weeks. The medical assistant and nurse practitioner did not want to even touch me. They kept tapping the oxygen reader so my numbers would decline. She did not look down my throat, not in my ears, did not listen to my heart. Told me to go to the ER. Instead, I called my doctor's office to see if one of his associates had an opening. She did and, geez, I was diagnosed with allergies... Sore throat, cough, malaise. After some Allegra, saline wash and Flonase, I felt like a million bucks the next day. It is not always covid, and yes, people should at least cover their mouths when they cough, for heaven's sake.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, enfuego4cruising said:

We are onboard the beautiful Discovery Princess for her inaugural voyage. The service has been excellent in every regard. Very friendly staff and crew. Shows and entertainment have been great. Food quality has been uneven, with the buffet being at the low end of the quality scale, especially for breakfast.

The Dolphin deck is closed off for quarantine on the starboard side, from mid-ship forward.  The aft cabins/suites are unaffected by closures.

The medallion internet has been excellent, but the medallion app has been an abysmal onboard failure, save for the ability to order drinks and have them delivered to your current location.

Glad to be disembarking at 93. That is going to save a lot of grief for everyone. I am guessing that Princess lobbied for pier 93 when they analyzed the cost of bussing folks  and hauling luggage down to berth 50. 

I have allergies but at least I wear KN 95 when I cough!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Oh no.🙁 sorry to hear that people in your group have tested Covid positive. But glad they get to disembark tomorrow and go home and isolate. 

1 hour ago, CruisingJs said:

As far as I know, they haven’t tested any of the couples who had their booking linked with ours.  I know we had wondered in the past if a positive test during the cruise would affect friends who are linked.

I did discover there is no remote for the tv  in my quarantine cabin.  I called passenger services to have one sent up but she seemed confused as to why I went the whole cruise without a remote.  We’ll see if I get one.

On the Ruby Princess someone posted that they did not have a refrigerator nor a remote control. Wow- hope that’s not the norm. They at least need to have the same things in the quarantine /isolation cabin as they have in the cabin that you just left. Princess needs to get with it 

2 hours ago, CruisingJs said:

i edited to add that we are one of the few people who wear a mask everywhere on the ship except for eating and drinking.  So many are maskless, even in the elevators.  So be considerate of others and mask up!

Glad you get to disembark tomorrow and carry out isolation at home. Hope you get your meals delivered as promised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enfuego4cruising said:

Nice way to say it all, I agree- masks/ cough.

My mom and her husband board the discovery tomorrow. So are you saying that discovery princess does not require  just recommends masks to be worn inside the ship? I guess I thought a lot of this had changed as of March 1 even though discovery princess didn’t start sailing at that time. 

No debates about the mask wearing .I’m just trying to see what’s happening on each ship. Meaning what is  Discovery princess saying you need to do ,not what everyone is doing. I know that you’re supposed to wear a mask on embarkation and disembarkation, I think that’s fleetwide? 

Edited by arizonaperson