Recommended Red Wine

Cebse

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I tried both the Primivita and the Malbec the other night in Tuscany.  I preferred the Malbec and will be seeing if I can get it in Luminae tonight. 

My wife drinks Moscoto at home and was pleased to see a by the glass offering that fit the DBP. 

Tonight I had the best wine i have had on the cruise thus far.  It’s only available by the bottle but well worth it in my opinion.  La Crema Pinot Noir. 

81C74A39-C7BD-4D92-926D-8DF15C942697.thumb.jpeg.db1394b16a624f15c401c08578f9f7c7.jpeg

The first time I had this it was on the By The Glass menu on the premium package. A few years ago. Not that vintage though. 

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Were you expecting Veuve? 😆 

A bit off topic: My 26 year-old son was visiting at Christmastime. Several of his high school friends came over December 30. Two of them brought me a bottle of Veuve and told me that they truly appreciated all I did as a drama mom when they were in high school plays, and that they could finally afford to thank me properly. It warmed my heart!

It probably goes without saying that these two follwed more lucrative career paths than my son did (he's a teacher in Montana). 

Hubby, the 26 and 22 year-olds and I toasted the new year with the Veuve, and it was lovely. 

Okay. Back to the topic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

The first time I had this it was on the By The Glass menu on the premium package. A few years ago. Not that vintage though. 

Ever see Barolo on any of the wine lists or did your sommelier ever mention it may be an off menu option?  I’ve perused the on line lists for EDGE and have not seen it 

Edited by LGW59

9 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Ever see Barolo on any of the wine lists or did your sommelier ever mention it may be an off menu option?  I’ve perused the on line lists for EDGE and have not seen it 

We had seen on one of the lists and requested for our suite the Michele Chiaro Barolo, and it was quite nice.  See if you can turn up one of those while aboard.  I think you'll be pleased with it.  It was #1030 on the list we were looking at.

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

We had seen on one of the lists and requested for our suite the Michele Chiaro Barolo, and it was quite nice.  See if you can turn up one of those while aboard.  I think you'll be pleased with it.  It was #1030 on the list we were looking at.

Thanks very much!

I am jealous of you people that order bottles of wine.  I know they will keep it for you.  It's just that I like to jump around and try different things, plus my husband doesn't drink that much at dinner any more.  And if I have a martini or scotch before dinner, my capacity for wine is reduced.  At least that is what I tell my husband.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I am jealous of you people that order bottles of wine.  I know they will keep it for you.  It's just that I like to jump around and try different things, plus my husband doesn't drink that much at dinner any more.  And if I have a martini or scotch before dinner, my capacity for wine is reduced.  At least that is what I tell my husband.

Once they open the bottle for me, there is nothing left to keep.  🍷

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

like????

Does this help?

As a colloquial quotative[edit]

Like is sometimes used colloquially as a quotative to introduce a quotation or impersonation. This is also known as "quotation through simile". The word is often used to express that what follows is not an exact quotation but instead gives a general feel for what was said. In this usage, like functions in conjunction with a verb, generally be (but also say, think, etc.), as in the following examples:[5]

• He was like, "I'll be there in five minutes."
  • She was like, "You need to leave the room right now!"

Like can also be used to paraphrase an implicitly unspoken idea or sentiment:

• I was like, "Who do they think they are?"

The marking of past tense is often omitted (compare historical present😞

• They told me all sorts of terrible things, and I'm like "Forget it then."[6]

It is also sometimes used to introduce non-verbal mimetic performances, e.g., facial expressions, hand gestures, body movement, as well as sounds and noises:

• I was like [speaker rolls eyes].
  • The car was like, "vroom!"
Edited by zitsky

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does this help?

As a colloquial quotative[edit]

Like is sometimes used colloquially as a quotative to introduce a quotation or impersonation. This is also known as "quotation through simile". The word is often used to express that what follows is not an exact quotation but instead gives a general feel for what was said. In this usage, like functions in conjunction with a verb, generally be (but also say, think, etc.), as in the following examples:[5]

• He was like, "I'll be there in five minutes."
  • She was like, "You need to leave the room right now!"

Like can also be used to paraphrase an implicitly unspoken idea or sentiment:

• I was like, "Who do they think they are?"

The marking of past tense is often omitted (compare historical present😞

• They told me all sorts of terrible things, and I'm like "Forget it then."[6]

It is also sometimes used to introduce non-verbal mimetic performances, e.g., facial expressions, hand gestures, body movement, as well as sounds and noises:

• I was like [speaker rolls eyes].
  • The car was like, "vroom!"

No it does not help, 🤣I cannot stand when in conversation people add "like" in every sentence they speak.  I take exception to asking if I am "like", when I do something I do it right in the full fledged way.  More Barolo please and thank you!   🍷🍷🍷 Help I've fallen and I can't get up...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

No it does not help, 🤣I cannot stand when in conversation people add "like" in every sentence they speak.  I take exception to asking if I am "like", when I do something I do it right in the full fledged way.  More Barolo please and thank you!   🍷🍷🍷 Help I've fallen and I can't get up...

Like, you are hilarious.

Did you never learn slang in school?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I am with you. we love the PDP and the better wines by the glass allows us to do flights of different wines for each course served with dinner. We also like a martini or even a Negroni before we go to dinner.

Just now, terrydtx said:

I am with you. we love the PDP and the better wines by the glass allows us to do flights of different wines for each course served with dinner. We also like a martini or even a Negroni before we go to dinner.

I try different things today and maybe tomorrow I'll have another glass of something I liked.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Ever watch Judge Judy?  Nothing sets her off like a litigant using 'like" in every sentence. She will add 'like" is a filler word that only adolescents use. LOL

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Ever watch Judge Judy?  Nothing sets her off like a litigant using 'like" in every sentence. She will add 'like" is a filler word that only adolescents use. LOL

I was always interested in languages as a kid, so I have studied a bit, but I can't say I'm fluent in anything.  But what I picked up on is that a language changes over time to include words and phrases that previously were not understood.

Suppose we go around talking like Shakespeare did in the 1600's?  Wouldn't that seem strange?  I bet you used language in the 50's or 60's that your parents didn't understand or thought was not correct.

We have to accept that there are new ways of speech and English changes from year to year.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was always interested in languages as a kid, so I have studied a bit, but I can't say I'm fluent in anything.  But what I picked up on is that a language changes over time to include words and phrases that previously were not understood.

Suppose we go around talking like Shakespeare did in the 1600's?  Wouldn't that seem strange?  I bet you used language in the 50's or 60's that your parents didn't understand or thought was not correct.

We have to accept that there are new ways of speech and English changes from year to year.

ya know, like, i totally get what you are saying, totally, wow like wicked cool

Trying something new tonight. 
This came with one of our wine club shipments. The description sounds to me like something that would go well with a salad with grilled chicken. 

We shall see. 

I don’t know why the photo is coming in sideways. It’s right side up on my phone. I even tried rotating it, but Cruise Critic insists that it must be sideways. Maybe one of the programmers is a fan of that movie. 

FBAA68BC-6D8C-41CE-ABD5-0F94944991CD.jpeg

50CBA762-4914-4AA6-BDA9-4F70943C85CF.jpeg

• Like 1

I am sad to report that the Penner Ash Pinot Noir is not available on this sailing.  Marvin, our sommelier says he will look for something else for me to have tomorrow.  I finished off the bottle of La Crema that I started last night.

A recommendation, if you know you are going to want a bottle of wine, orderer it the night before. The La Crema tasted better tonight after being opened last night. 

• Thanks 1