Cabin Gaurantee

Hello,

My cruise is still 2 months away but was wondering how will I find out when a cabin has been assigned to me? Will I get an email from Royal or will it just suddenly appear in the app when I go into it? I booked directly thru Royal.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, aksharp1 said:

Will I get an email from Royal or will it just suddenly appear in the app when I go into it?

No notification - you may have an indication (decode the SetSail pass barcode) when you check in 45 days out.

1 minute ago, aksharp1 said:

They won't let me know at all?

They will, but it could be at anytime up till a few days out (the chances of not finding out till boarding are miniscule). If you don't like the uncertainty, don't book GTY.

Edited by Biker19

Ok, I feel better now. But how will they notify me? Will they atleast send an email? I understand it can be anytime, and I'm ok with that,  but I just want to be sure that I miss it. Thank you!!

4 minutes ago, aksharp1 said:

Really? They won't let me know at all? I have to decode my setsail pass?

Decoding the barcode is basically a hack to figure it out before they officially assign it.  Someone figured out a back door method to know before you really should know. They officially let you know at varying times.  They may assign it and move it again so they likely don’t communicate it until they have a high degree of certainty that they won’t need to change it.  

17 minutes ago, Xtentions said:

We were in a GTY in Dec.  We booked the cruise 8 days prior to sailing and got our cabin assignment 2 days prior to sailing.  This showed up in the app/website.  I do not remember getting an email.

Thank you! Thats what I wanted to know!

No email will be sent.  You can watch the app for your assignment.  Some of us like to look at our set sail barcodes to see if their is a clue there, but you do not have to do that if you dislike the idea.  The assignment can come anytime…our last gty one was on the barcode about a month out and became official about 3 weeks out.  Some come much closer to sail date.

The assignments are made anytime between when you book it until boarding, with the most typical time in our experience being about 2 weeks prior to departure.  Check you planner frequently as that is where it will appear. 

You can also request a change in staterooms, if desired, to any remaining available within the actual assigned category.  Just go to the website and do a mock booking with you picking your staterooms to see available ones, then call RCCL to request the change.  If you booked through a TA they can do this - and make the selection - for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MichFish said:

How reliable is that bar code thing?!?

Don't recall anyone being moved after they saw their cabin assignment in the SetSail pass barcode. The problem is that until that is official, you usually can't move to another same category cabin.