How to find solo supplement cruises

wannagonow123

I sail solo all the time, "solo supplement" doesn't seem to be an option.  I'm seeing posts about "no single supplement" for certain cruises this Spring but I wouldn't think it is available as an option for "all" cruises.  If you book direct with Princess, never hurts to ask.

I have certain itineraries in mind, usually beginning, end of certain cruise seasons or areas.   I'm not looking for spur of the moment or booking and leaving in a matter of weeks.  I pretty much do long range plans.

Edited by susancruzs
  • Like 1

Our next 2 cruises are singles.  We didn't plan it that way, but it was cheaper to have separate rooms than to share.

You have to ready to book, RIGHT NOW.  And yup, they are cruises that are happening in 2 months, sometimes less.

We have one in 12 days, it was $79 fare plus taxes and port for a 5 day.  $250 total per room and each receives $125 in onboard. Granted, these are insides, but where else can I go for $50 per day per person that includes everything?

We are also on the subsequent 7 day cruise.  It was $525 for an inside with $150 onboard and $650 for a balcony with $200 onboard.  If we have shared, the fare would have been $800 more and half the onboard.  Once on the ship, we'll probably share the balcony.  

The deals are there.  Watch the boards and be ready to jump!

• Like 1

The solo fares are generally not advertised. Even my PVP doesn’t always know about them. And as I am super lame on FB I rarely see those posts. But I do know they exist as I have seen it once. 

@justafemis correct that these solo sales are generally for cruises in the next 60 days (on under sold trips). Solo sales can be anything from 0 to 50% extra. So the price is 100% to 150% instead of the standard 200%. Generally speaking they are only offered on insides thru basic balconies.  

All that said I have found great sales on mini suites and full suites.  For example I got the Nov 2, 2022 Sapphire RT out of LA to HA S6 vista suite for 150% as a solo. This broke all the rules stated above lol. 

Back to your question of how to find them. I do mock bookings for 2, make a note of the per person price then go back and change it to 1 person and see how much, if at all, the price increased by. When you find a deal put a no cost hold on it. Do not wait as I’ve seen these fares change in the time it takes to check something else and come back to find it’s gone. Depending on if it’s after final payment or not the hold gives you 1 to 3 days to decide if you can or wish to go. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, justafem said:

Our next 2 cruises are singles.  We didn't plan it that way, but it was cheaper to have separate rooms than to share.

You have to ready to book, RIGHT NOW.  And yup, they are cruises that are happening in 2 months, sometimes less.

We have one in 12 days, it was $79 fare plus taxes and port for a 5 day.  $250 total per room and each receives $125 in onboard. Granted, these are insides, but where else can I go for $50 per day per person that includes everything?

We are also on the subsequent 7 day cruise.  It was $525 for an inside with $150 onboard and $650 for a balcony with $200 onboard.  If we have shared, the fare would have been $800 more and half the onboard.  Once on the ship, we'll probably share the balcony.  

The deals are there.  Watch the boards and be ready to jump!

What "boards" should we watch?  I'm ready to jump on a good deal.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

My PVP / CVP has a post on FB of all single supplement cruises when she is notified of them.  The one I booked, I had done so just two weeks before embarkation date.  

Dumb question but what is a PVP and CVP?  Are you able to share the FB page?  Thanks.

36 minutes ago, irishclover59 said:

Dumb question but what is a PVP and CVP?  Are you able to share the FB page?  Thanks.

They used to be known as a Princess Vacation Planner (PVP) but now go by Cruise Vacation Planner (CVP).  My post was taken down last time I posted a name .. her initials are JW and she has a FB page under Princess Cruise Vacation Planner.  Hope you are able to find her.  She is great.  

• Thanks 1