Ovation March 13th and Covid

AtA

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I wonder if the Captain announced there is COVID onboard (and this will always be the case even if non detected), would Seabourn passengers actually go back to wearing masks and being socially distant?    Anyone worried about their health because of risk factors should already be wearing masks.   COVID infections are increasing in many areas of the U.S. so cases on any ships are likely.

I'm sure many wouldn't but many would and at least if we are given the choice, we can make an informed decision ourselves based on our own level of concern. And realizing that many probably already had Omicron, I'm sure they'd feel more comfortable being unmasked.

1 hour ago, AtA said:

I'm sure many wouldn't but many would and at least if we are given the choice, we can make an informed decision ourselves based on our own level of concern. And realizing that many probably already had Omicron, I'm sure they'd feel more comfortable being unmasked.

I can’t remember, did you say you wore a mask?
It didn’t matter to me if Covid was on board (which I saw with my own eyes Thursday before disembarkation), we wore a mask and practiced social distancing. I was happy to be on the ship even knowing it would not be cruising as we knew it prior to the pandemic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, purpleally said:

I can’t remember, did you say you wore a mask?
It didn’t matter to me if Covid was on board (which I saw with my own eyes Thursday before disembarkation), we wore a mask and practiced social distancing. I was happy to be on the ship even knowing it would not be cruising as we knew it prior to the pandemic.

Yes we wore masks.

On the cruise just ended yesterday MIA-LIS notes were sent about wearing masks and the captain mentioned it a couple of times in his noon message.  There were multiple cases on-board both of crew and pax and it seemed as the cruise progressed more people wore masks.  I'd say initially it was about 70% compliance.  As we got closer to the end seemed that we saw less without one - maybe that was from hearing about multiple people in isolation (and seeing the benches outside the door for room service delivery on every floor), and seeing certain crew disappear.   

On the Ovation now and we are aware there are some COVID cases aboard.  This fact is not really hidden but there are no announcements as to how many cases.  Most passengers just go about their daily routine and enjoy the normal cruise life.  We are looking forward to the rest of our 27 days aboard and a few weeks traveling in Europe post cruise.  As to COVID, it is now part of our world and folks either learn to live with it or they must deal with their own self-imposed COVID prison.  

Our main criticism of SB is about the lack of candor.  For example we have never been directly notified about our change in itinerary (no Morocco) or the reason behind the change.

Hank

But are you being tested regularly?  I say this because the British line Saga has been putting people ashore in Spain, essentially to keep their percentage of positive people down, ,but I believe have been doing flow tests on everyone frequently.  I suspect other lines have been avoiding regular testing, because there will be quite a few positives, even among those who are symptom free or have just recovered  from Covid.  Quite a few Saga passengers are pretty fed up, as you may imagine.

2 hypothetical questions for all.. If during turndown at night the stateroom attendant would leave the appropriate number of AT HOME TESTS for each guest to take the next morning before leaving their cabin 1) would you find benefit in that option and be willing to self test each morning? 2) would you self report to infirmary if test was positive?

Just Curious.

3 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

2 hypothetical questions for all.. If during turndown at night the stateroom attendant would leave the appropriate number of AT HOME TESTS for each guest to take the next morning before leaving their cabin 1) would you find benefit in that option and be willing to self test each morning? 2) would you self report to infirmary if test was positive?

Just Curious.

1.  Only if I thought I may be ill (experiencing synptoms).

2.  Yes.

Also on Ovation now. Same issue with the Morocco itinerary change. I was told I should have had a notification from HO half way through the crossing from Miami but I didn’t, despite getting plenty of other emails from Seabourn. First I knew was when I looked at the excursions. I told them I am not really interested in Gibraltar or  Malaga and if that had been in the original itinerary it might have put me off. Also we were on the MIA - LAX Holiday cruise where there were a lot of changes and missed ports and everybody got some FCCs as compensation. Not this time apparently. Corporate says no.
On the plus side this is the most consistently good crew we’ve encountered for a while . Everyone seems genuinely happy to be back.