Money refunded to credit card-but don't know why.

BopRN

I discovered that RCCL has refunded $304 to our credit card, but we had not changed anything in our reservation. However we have gone from Emerald to Diamond status since we made the original reservation pre-pandemic. Could this be an extra discount because of the status change?

Doubtful - companies aren't known for protectively taking less of your money. Otherwise Royals cwc wouldn't require you to call for the price adjustment. Unless you have a TA that might have done something - but 304 is higher than the diamond balcony discount.

Have you purchased anything on the cruise planner? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Doubtful - companies aren't known for protectively taking less of your money. Otherwise Royals cwc wouldn't require you to call for the price adjustment. Unless you have a TA that might have done something - but 304 is higher than the diamond balcony discount.

Have you purchased anything on the cruise planner? 

WE did, but the orders are still in tact. We will be on a B2B, so maybe that included both cruises?

13 minutes ago, BopRN said:

WE did, but the orders are still in tact. We will be on a B2B, so maybe that included both cruises?

If it's two different reservations then it wouldn't be one refund. 

Anything in your cruise planner equal that amount? 

11 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

If it's two different reservations then it wouldn't be one refund. 

Anything in your cruise planner equal that amount? 

No, everything we booked only comes to $275

6 hours ago, BopRN said:

I discovered that RCCL has refunded $304 to our credit card, but we had not changed anything in our reservation. However we have gone from Emerald to Diamond status since we made the original reservation pre-pandemic. Could this be an extra discount because of the status change?

6 hours ago, BopRN said:

I got some credits to my CC and for the life of me have no idea.  One that is puzzling is for 30 cents.😁

I got refunds a month or so ago that ALLEDGEDLY were for a "cancelled" FCC. I had 2 $97 FCCs for a cancelled January cruise that I tried several times to apply to a new reservation and after 3 calls found out they had been "mostly" refunded to the CC. The 2 refunds totaled $188.20, not $194, but I gave up trying to get a straight answer.

HOPEFULLY, I'm back to "cash only" cruising now.

Check the amount due on your cruise.

There have been a number of reports where RCI screwed up credits as charges or other things so that all of a sudden a paid cruise had money owed.   And it seems to happen right around final payment date.

We received a mystery refund to our credit card a few weeks back and it turned out to be my wife's FCC. My own FCC was applied to our next cruise as we had wanted, but when we tried to apply her certificate number at booking to the same cruise we were told that it had already been refunded. Why they did this, we have no idea. We followed the money with our TA and sure enough it was my wife's FCC to the dollar that had been refunded. I had to put her portion of the cruise back on my CC.

We were overcharged port fees & taxes by almost $500!.  I was worried that some excursion was cancelled that I couldn't see.  They said it was a computation error.  Irritating, but happy that they refunded without me having to ask.

My BF and I both got mystery charges on our accounts last week. He tried to track through our TA and she could not find anything. We are thinking perhaps they are related to past cruises that got canceled.

CJ

On 3/30/2022 at 1:04 AM, BopRN said:

Has there been an itinerary change resulting in a port of call cancelation?  That can be a typical source for that type of credit.  It could be port fees and some degree of $ credit for the day at sea perhaps?

Also if your change to Diamond resulted from a cruise since the booking you are referring to, the only way you would see the balcony discount would be if you or your TA specifically requested it be applied to the current booking. RCCL would not likely do that on their own, as C&A does not review existing bookings for that. 

And then I think that would typically require a repricing of the booking, which would result in a revised booking confirmation indicating the pricing change and reason. But this is moot anyway, as that amount is not correct for the balcony discount.

Edited by leaveitallbehind