"LIVE" Majestic Princess, Back-to-Back, Apr 2nd to Apr 16th

LACruiser88

4 hours ago, XSWABBY said:

Thanks.

One more question - How is "muster" handled? Do we gather at lifeboat stations?

You now watch the "Muster Drill" video in your cabin.  Then, you proceed to your assigned Muster Station and check-in with your Medallion.

This must be done prior to the ship sailing from the port.  Very easy!  

Enjoy your cruise...  🛳🛳🛳

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

You now watch the "Muster Drill" video in your cabin.  Then, you proceed to your assigned Muster Station and check-in with your Medallion.

Add to this that you are required to wear appropriate clothing to the "Mustard Drill".

Mustard Drill Shirt.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, XSWABBY said:

Thanks.

One more question - How is "muster" handled? Do we gather at lifeboat stations?

On Princess muster never involves gathering at lifeboat stations, even in the case of an actual emergency. It involves gathering in an inside muster station.

Others have described how pre-cruise mustering works these days.

In an actual emergency, you report to your assigned inside muster station.

It is extremely rare that passengers on a cruise ship have to evacuate the ship. Princess has the mustering done inside so that passengers can be relatively comfortable for the duration of the emergency which can be for hours.

If an evacuation would be required, crew would lead passengers to working lifecraft that can be used for the evacuation.

• Like 2

Our cruise has come to an end.  We all had a great time and are looking forward to our next voyage.

We well isolate and test after returning home to ensure we did not bring home any unwanted passengers!

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Our cruise has come to an end.  We all had a great time and are looking forward to our next voyage.

We well isolate and test after returning home to ensure we did not bring home any unwanted passengers!

Cheers!

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. You have been a GREAT help. Safe travels.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

What is you don't use the Medallion App?

Thank you so much for the cruise report!  We are first time cruisers to Princess and our first cruise is in September so your report has been very interesting!

We haven't cruised for 3 years and feel a bit apprehensive about the process with Medallion and testing protocols, so you have helped in that respect as well.  We will be travelling from Australia to the US to visit family and then to San Pedro a few days prior to the cruise so have been interested in the testing requirements, etc.

Thank you again! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

We will be travelling from Australia to the US

We are flying out of Melb this Friday to join Majestic on Saturday 23rd! So exciting after a 2 year hiatus. Have booked our supervised RAT for Friday morning, but boy are there a lot of extra forms to fill in. Just grateful they have dropped the testing requirement to come home to Australia when we disembark. 
I am also really grateful for the info provided in this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beagle5 said:

We are flying out of Melb this Friday to join Majestic on Saturday 23rd! So exciting after a 2 year hiatus. Have booked our supervised RAT for Friday morning, but boy are there a lot of extra forms to fill in. Just grateful they have dropped the testing requirement to come home to Australia when we disembark. 

Hi!  It is great to hear from a fellow Aussie that will be on the Majestic next week!  How exciting for you!  We have booked and inside room and will be just excited to go for a cruise!  It is great news that we do not have to test before coming home.

Can I ask you a few questions please?  So you are testing, then flying out later that day? What airline are you flying and are you flying into LAX?  How did you book a supervised test?  The extra forms - are they for Princess?  Are you using the Medallion App?  

I appreciate any help you can give with the whole process!

1 hour ago, alibabacruisers said:

Can I ask you a few questions please?  So you are testing, then flying out later that day?

Yes. I found an Australian group who do testing over Zoom. https://www.rapidantigensupervision.com.au/ You just need a TGA approved test (the one from Chemist warehouse is fine). You get the certificate by email within the hour (or so they promise). We are testing at 7.30am and our flight is at 9.30pm. The one test will be good for entry into the USA (must do RAT within 1 day of flying) and boarding the ship (must test within 2 days of boarding). 

What airline are you flying and are you flying into LAX? 

Flying Qantas from MEL to LAX direct. Booked on points. Its a very cheap trip! Leave at 9.30pm Friday, arrive 6.30 pm Friday - thankyou international date line.

How did you book a supervised test? 

You can do it remotely as above (will let you know how it goes), or go to a clinic like: https://store.clinicallabs.com.au/store/covid-19-tests/covid-19-rapid-antigen-test-rat-for-travel

Also Histopath can test you at the airport, but you will need to get there a few extra hours early.

This could all change by September of course.

The extra forms - are they for Princess?

No. Australian and US govt stuff:

• ESTA (as in the past) for entry to USA
  • United State Passenger Attestation within 72 hours of flying (can be done online or fill in hard copy)
  • Australian Border Force App to do the returning passenger declaration (replaces the yellow form you used to fill out on the plane). You can do this online or on your phone app, but must now be done when you check in for your flight home to Oz, rather than on plane. It verifies your vaccination status.
  • I also downloaded the IATA Travel pass app as Qantas uses it, but I am not sure if that is essential. I think it just quickens things up at check in because they have your vax record preloaded etc.

Don't panic though. Its not as onerous as it seems and if you are not a smart phone person, I believe you can have it all done hard copy at the airports (will just take longer). Hopefully the USA testing will be dropped by September for you.

Are you using the Medallion App?

Yes. Has been fine on my Iphone 8 so far, except it charged me for my included Specialty Dinner cover charge, which I will have to get reversed on board.

PS: Sorry to hijack thread.

• Like 2

Thank you for answering all my questions!  They are very helpful and make me feel a bit more relaxed.

I will be able to do the RAT before my flight but since we are travelling to see family prior to the cruise, we will have to get another, unless they change things before then (which I hope they do).

I did use the website to fill in a lot of my info and will see how that goes.  I can't see the need to have the app except for the dining times booking when that opens up.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 8:05 PM, alibabacruisers said:

It's just the Medallion that you use for opening your door, etc., not the App 🙂

Edited by jwattle

Sorry for the miscommunication.  I was asking about the Muster Drill....you said you could watch the drill on your TV and then go to the Muster Station and check in with your Medallion.  What is you don't have the Medallion? Is there someone at the Station you check in with?

On 4/17/2022 at 2:06 PM, Beagle5 said:

Will you be doing a trip report?

Also, I hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by alibabacruisers

9 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Sorry for the miscommunication.  I was asking about the Muster Drill....you said you could watch the drill on your TV and then go to the Muster Station and check in with your Medallion.  What is you don't have the Medallion? Is there someone at the Station you check in with?

The stations are manned; you can be checked in manually if you're using a card or your medallion is messed up.

Same if you have issues with the safety video on TV, since it uses your medallion to read who's in the room for it, though you need to report to the service desk for that.

42 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

Same if you have issues with the safety video on TV, since it uses your medallion to read who's in the room for it, though you need to report to the service desk for that.

Seems to me it only determines which medallions are in the cabin during the safety video, not which people are actually there.

On 4/16/2022 at 8:05 PM, alibabacruisers said:

It isn’t dependent on the app.  You can view the video on the TV and the network knows who is in the cabin. Then, you tap the Medallion at the muster station, not using the mobile app. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, caribill said:

Seems to me it only determines which medallions are in the cabin during the safety video, not which people are actually there.

Fair enough; the location of the person and the location of the medallion aren't necessarily the same. 

Though in either case, if your medallion doesn't record your location as being in the room for whatever reason (dead battery... Or you're keyed to the wrong room somehow), then you'll have to report to the desk. 

On 4/18/2022 at 12:10 PM, Tedferg said:

FYI The Iowa Battleship is a museum just by Princess pier at Long Beach, right next to Iowa is a Covid Test station. I was told it is free but have no other details, we did not need to use it.

I'm not sure if they're open on the weekends. Try totaltestingsolutions.com at locations around LA