"LIVE" Majestic Princess, Back-to-Back, Apr 2nd to Apr 16th

LACruiser88

On 4/11/2022 at 8:30 AM, LACruiser88 said:

Alongside the Ruby this morning on a rainy San Francisco day.

20220411_074736.jpg

Is this taken from Pier 27? Did they dock bow or aft in? Trying to determine if I'll have a view of Golden Gate or Bay Bridge from balcony.

7 minutes ago, AZAaronBoy said:

Is this taken from Pier 27? Did they dock bow or aft in? Trying to determine if I'll have a view of Golden Gate or Bay Bridge from balcony.

Yes, Pier 27.  Aft in, I took photo from our port side balcony.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XSWABBY said:

What days are the "formal nights"? TIA

On this sailing, it was Sunday and Wednesday.  On the Mexico sailing, it was Sunday and Thursday.

Thank you for your response, LACruiser88.

Edited by XSWABBY
  • Like 1

Looks like beautiful weather last 2 ports.

Was there a shuttle available in Santa Barbara for cruise passengers?

If so, please give details.

We'll be visiting Santa Barbara next week aboard the Discovery Princess.

Thanks, enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chipz said:

Looks like beautiful weather last 2 ports.

Was there a shuttle available in Santa Barbara for cruise passengers?

If so, please give details.

We'll be visiting Santa Barbara next week aboard the Discovery Princess.

Thanks, enjoy your cruise.

In Santa Barbara, the ship will anchor beyond the pier and you will use a water shuttle to reach the shoreside.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Someone has asked earlier if they were still doing b2b testing.  I can confirm that this morning they tested the passengers that are staying on for the next voyage.

It must depend on ship and/or destination. I read a roll call in Europe where they stopped.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Oh wow. I am no longer looking forward to this cruise. 😞

well he!! that's not the way to start off on a vacation .... snap out of it !

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

In Santa Barbara, the ship will anchor beyond the pier and you will use a water shuttle to reach the shoreside.

Once off the tender it is a pretty easy walk to many places. There is also a cheap trolley 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Does Princess normally announce medical emergencies as such and not as Code Bravo (or correct Code)?  And to announce in passenger cabins at 2:48AM?  The medical team doesn't bunk in my cabin.  🤔

I was curious/wondering about this as well. I swear they said cabin 831... Which doesn't exist on deck 8... 🧐

9 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Last day of the cruise in Ensenada.  We had a sea lion welcoming committee!

In addition to the sea lions on Saturday 4/9 in Ensenada we had a continuous parade of small tour boats filled with locals waving to passengers onboard Discovery. Don’t recall that ever happening previously…maybe it was a fun weekend jaunt at a discounted rate to generate some income for tour boats. 🤑

• Like 3

We were on the April 2 cruise and thought entertainment was good except that Darren Dowler was so full of himself we walked out at the third number. Show started with a slide show of all his successes, OMG if you are so famous how come I have never heard of you. He has a good voice, but self-praise was too much for us.

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yeah, that was crazy!  It was E631.

It was scary being awakened like that.  While coming back to the ship today we encountered Princess crew removing someone in a body bag.  Very sad to see and I couldn't help but wonder if this was the same passenger they had alarmed us about.  I think it must have been a mistake to alarm all passengers instead of just alarming the emergency medical response team.  In all our years of cruising we have never heard such an announcement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JRWLOBO said:

It was scary being awakened like that.  While coming back to the ship today we encountered Princess crew removing someone in a body bag.  Very sad to see and I couldn't help but wonder if this was the same passenger they had alarmed us about.  I think it must have been a mistake to alarm all passengers instead of just alarming the emergency medical response team.  In all our years of cruising we have never heard such an announcement.

That is very sad news.  We have also never heard of an medical emergency call in the middle of the night broadcast to everyones cabin.  I think someone messed up on that one.

We have been onboard several times when a passsenger has passed away.  They usually wait until they arrive in a US port to remove the deceased.  Unusual that they did that in Ensenada?

11 minutes ago, XSWABBY said:

Thanks.

One more question - How is "muster" handled? Do we gather at lifeboat stations?

You watch muster video on room TV then go to muster station with Medallion to validate that you went there. You do this separately; it is not a mass get together as previously. Also, no need to take life vest with you.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1