Splash Academy

donnas902

Just now, donnas902 said:

Anybody out there today that can confirm wether or not Splash Academy id

s up and running?

No  Splash Academy is not operating currently.  Website gives no indication when they will be.  There are some Family Actitivies posted each day in the Freestyle Daily.

5 hours ago, donnas902 said:

Anybody out there today that can confirm whether or not Splash Academy is up and running?

For this week's Encore voyage:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your upcoming vacation. We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard soon and helping you create exciting memories at sea.

As a reminder, Entourage will be open for teens ages 13 to 17 on all sailings. Once onboard, you can refer to the Entourage Daily Program for activity times and locations.

Please note that Splash Academy will not be available on your sailing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and as a result we will be extending a $100 credit per child (ages 3 to 12) for your sailing, that may be redeemed in the arcade, or Galaxy Pavilion (available only on Norwegian Joy and Encore). In addition, we will be providing activities for youth and families on board including a range of daily activities from relaxing movie nights and game shows to our fun Feel Free Play sessions. Feel Free Play is not a drop off service and parents must attend the session with their children. Times and locations will be noted in the Freestyle Daily.

Be sure to check out the Freestyle Daily on board for the complete schedule, times and locations of all activities. In addition, be sure to download the NCL mobile app, so you can keep up-to-date with everything happening on board right at your fingertips!

To ensure a safe experience for all on board, all activities will follow the protocols in place at the time of sailing, and all guests must adhere to the direction of the crew while participating in the activities. For more information on our Health and Safety program, please visit www.ncl.com/sail-safe.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

Sincerely,

Katty Byrd

Senior Vice President, Guest Services

I love the logic of “you can’t drop off your kid but you all will be required to stay with your children” so we can cram even more people into a small space. 

Very intelligent decision. 🙄

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

For this week's Encore voyage:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your upcoming vacation. We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard soon and helping you create exciting memories at sea.

As a reminder, Entourage will be open for teens ages 13 to 17 on all sailings. Once onboard, you can refer to the Entourage Daily Program for activity times and locations.

Please note that Splash Academy will not be available on your sailing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and as a result we will be extending a $100 credit per child (ages 3 to 12) for your sailing, that may be redeemed in the arcade, or Galaxy Pavilion (available only on Norwegian Joy and Encore). In addition, we will be providing activities for youth and families on board including a range of daily activities from relaxing movie nights and game shows to our fun Feel Free Play sessions. Feel Free Play is not a drop off service and parents must attend the session with their children. Times and locations will be noted in the Freestyle Daily.

Be sure to check out the Freestyle Daily on board for the complete schedule, times and locations of all activities. In addition, be sure to download the NCL mobile app, so you can keep up-to-date with everything happening on board right at your fingertips!

To ensure a safe experience for all on board, all activities will follow the protocols in place at the time of sailing, and all guests must adhere to the direction of the crew while participating in the activities. For more information on our Health and Safety program, please visit www.ncl.com/sail-safe.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

Sincerely,

Katty Byrd

Senior Vice President, Guest Services

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything yet for our sailing on Bliss in 2 weeks. I'm sailing with 2 kids and nothing, so far, about it being open or closed. Luckily, it's not a deal breaker for us - kids enjoy it but won't be heartbroken if it's closed. I actually kind of like hanging out with my kiddos so it will make a nice change from me having to plead with them to leave SA and come have dinner with me...lol

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything yet for our sailing on Bliss in 2 weeks. I'm sailing with 2 kids and nothing, so far, about it being open or closed. Luckily, it's not a deal breaker for us - kids enjoy it but won't be heartbroken if it's closed. I actually kind of like hanging out with my kiddos so it will make a nice change from me having to plead with them to leave SA and come have dinner with me...lol

Same with us. We’re leaving 04/15 on the Pearl with our 8 yr old grandson and we haven’t received any notification about SA.
It’s his first cruise so he won’t know what he’s missing if it’s closed and being school vacation week here I’m sure he’ll make plenty of friends at the pool and arcade. 

Would be nice to get some info though. I was told by a rep it’s a ship by ship decision/rollout depending on staffing etc. 

The dropoff closure was stated to last til 03/31/2022 on their website.
Will check now to see if that’s been updated. 

The wording was updated to say “until further notice” so it seems they’re just not ready to reinstate the dropoff service  although at the top in bold it does state what the rep told me that it was a ship to ship situation at the moment. 

E7D9E968-D89E-4CBF-A5B2-AA949A81971C.thumb.png.18efc5ed0e6f4e28e16402d319ee6783.png

I like the $100 credit. We sail on the 10th on the Breakaway but I haven’t seen anything yet. A credit would be a really nice gesture for many families.

I have been pretty vocal about my disdain for not having these clubs open. I have decided to stop worrying about it and just focus on enjoying the cruise. I am so thankful my kids are on the older end of this age range (9 and 12) because it’s much less of an issue compared to trying to entertain younger kids for a week on a ship full of activities geared to older passengers. I really feel for those families. 

• Like 3