Seeking feedback with monitered Covid test experiences

SHIP TRAVELER

A little research may be in order.   The FDA has a warning out against FlowFlex -  not sure if same manufacturer

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/do-not-use-certain-acon-flowflex-covid-19-tests-fda-safety-communication

The two tests you received were the ones I received free from the Government.   While IHealth site does have a monitoring service for other tests they sell not sure if they are qualified FDA Approved for Covid Monitored Testing.    Sure wouldn't wait to last minute and be denied boarding at port.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, Jim_Iain said:

A little research may be in order.   The FDA has a warning out against FlowFlex -  not sure if same manufacturer

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/do-not-use-certain-acon-flowflex-covid-19-tests-fda-safety-communication

The two tests you received were the ones I received free from the Government.   While IHealth site does have a monitoring service for other tests they sell not sure if they are qualified FDA Approved for Covid Monitored Testing.    Sure wouldn't wait to last minute and be denied boarding at port.

Not sure if FDA approval is required or matters but the ihealth website does say the proctored test administered by them is CDC compliant and acceptable for re-entry into the US, so I would presume it would be accepted at any port for boarding. Though I can’t find any now, I have seen posts from people that have used the free ihealth test sent to their homes with the proctored test and had no issue.

My health insurance sent me iHealth tests.  I saw the option for proctoring on their site.  Cost is $25 per session.  My complaint is that the monitoring is by appointment.  

I much prefer the way eMed is doing it, where I can simply log on and wait my turn.  Never needed to wait more than a few minutes.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

My health insurance sent me iHealth tests.  I saw the option for proctoring on their site.  Cost is $25 per session.  My complaint is that the monitoring is by appointment.  

I much prefer the way eMed is doing it, where I can simply log on and wait my turn.  Never needed to wait more than a few minutes.  

I am planning to use iHealth. They have appointments available every half hour, 24 hours a day. I personally would rather log in and know it's my turn.