Caribbean Princess cruise from San Francisco to Vancouver for tomorrow cancelled

MJU

Cruise (per Princess) was cancelled "to prepare for dry dock" next week but rumors abound about Canada refusing entry due to several Covid cases.  Passengers receiving full refunds and 100% FCD.  They got notice late yesterday

It's going to be an awfully short Alaska season if Canada refuses entry because of an unspecified covid case threshold being passed 😞

Edit: if the rumors are true

Edited by atexsix

23 minutes ago, MJU said:

Cruise (per Princess) was cancelled "to prepare for dry dock" next week but rumors abound about Canada refusing entry due to several Covid cases.  Passengers receiving full refunds and 100% FCD.  They got notice late yesterday

Oh dear … not again!  

4 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I believe the rumor in question is if it has to do with their current COVID numbers and Canada not wanting them to dock there.  Imo, it makes sense.

I have seen several posts on fb about this from those on-board. Ignore rumor- regarding Canada.  Photos show need to repair ship and major plumbing issues- as reported by current passengers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dog said:

I have seen several posts on fb about this from those on-board. Ignore rumor- regarding Canada.  Photos show need to repair ship and major plumbing issues- as reported by current passengers.

Thank you for clarification.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Doesn't appear to be a rumor ... unless somebody has really pulled off elaborate prank.  

May be an image of text that says 'April1,2022 Dear Princess PRINCESS Caribbean Princess Voyage213B of standards Portland, Oregon following begin with Compensation Colombia Thursday Apil7 offer regret that sincere items, missed receive four- refundable taxes, Credit prepaid port cruise existing booking and credit Reimbursement return irport. We bene use CaptainVincenzoLubrano Û'

Wrong rumour.  Regarding Covid outbreaks as opposed to dry dock.

The cancelled cruise has nothing to do with the Dry Dock. If it did, we would of made aware of it long ago. I’m sure it has to do with Covid numbers. The Quarantine Deck is packed. Princess simply wants everyone off the ship, not to be in a precarious situation. Yes, we’re on the ship presently. And yes people are coughing in the buffet area.

• Like 3

So it appears that the “official word” is that it’s entirely due to the need for Dry Dock and nothing to do with Canada or covid cases.  I’m so sorry for those who are missing this fun little cruise 

Edited by tanyaewa

5 minutes ago, dog said:

See roll call for this cruise. Sounds like quarantined passengers better cared for.

Is this the sailing you were meant to be on? Or am I thinking of someone else? If it was you...sorry it's been cancelled!

IDK, I just checked with a TA friend, and she thinks Princess might have made the decision in consideration of Canada, not necessarily because it was forced on them.  Orange tells us basically nothing, almost every ship sailing from Seattle to Alaska last summer was in orange; I believe it's .3% or more according to the CDC.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, atexsix said:

IDK, I just checked with a TA friend, and she thinks Princess might have made the decision in consideration of Canada, not necessarily because it was forced on them.  Orange tells us basically nothing, almost every ship sailing from Seattle to Alaska last summer was in orange; I believe it's .3% or more according to the CDC.

I suspect this is the case, too. Not to mention the arrangements that would need to be made for those on the ship that ARE positive - I just read the updated rules on the Canadian government site and it states 14 day quarantine for both positive AND close contacts! That's a loooooong time to be in a Vancouver hotel! 

• Like 5

It's also being reported on our local news as being cancelled due to Covid outbreak. Not that I always believe the news, but they did have a quote from Princess saying that everyone onboard is being cared for and receiving assistance.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I suspect this is the case, too. Not to mention the arrangements that would need to be made for those on the ship that ARE positive - I just read the updated rules on the Canadian government site and it states 14 day quarantine for both positive AND close contacts! That's a loooooong time to be in a Vancouver hotel! 

It sure is!  Even though it's a nice city to be stuck in 🙂  I can think of worst places. 

But I think a ship terminating in Canada as opposed to a port of call are two different things.  In the latter, the cruise line would more than likely quarantine on the ship and then disembark them in Seattle.  In most cases it'll only be about 12 to 24 hours and there wouldn't be any messy PVSA paperwork involved.  

I think the only question I would have is, if there are a high number of cases before reaching Victoria, could the port be skipped altogether or just not allow anyone off the ship?  

Edited by atexsix

2 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I also think the other lines will be watching this matter closely and might take similar action to scrub their ships before arriving for the Alaska season, which they are not going to want to risk, it's their bread and butter.  

Noooooooooo.....I have 2 of these coastals (LA to Van) in April. Don't jinx them,...lol

• Like 3

Really rumours are flying on this.  Here’s another idea- fb post by a “greeter “ at SF port said he knew awhile ago that all would be disembarked in SF. 

We do not know.  Please show proof of the reason being Canada not letting Princess ship in.

18 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Is this the sailing you were meant to be on? Or am I thinking of someone else? If it was you...sorry it's been cancelled!

Thank goodness not this one!

I was booked on Royal, Vancouver to  Honolulu.  Then a September Alaska, now May 7 th Majestic 2 week Alaska.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Noooooooooo.....I have 2 of these coastals (LA to Van) in April. Don't jinx them,...lol

I'm sorry, and I edited the post because it's speculation on my part. 

25 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

The cancelled cruise has nothing to do with the Dry Dock. If it did, we would of made aware of it long ago. I’m sure it has to do with Covid numbers. The Quarantine Deck is packed. Princess simply wants everyone off the ship, not to be in a precarious situation. Yes, we’re on the ship presently. And yes people are coughing in the buffet area.

Sorry for this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The funny thing about all this is I'd fear a Noro outbreak on a ship far more than covid.  I caught it once in a Las Vegas hotel and it remains one of the worst trips of my life.  

• Like 4