Coco Beach Club - $700 for four?!

We have an upcoming cruise on the Oasis for our family of four.  We are considering the Coco Beach Club for our stop at Perfect Day but the price seems crazy high...$700 for the four of us. Do you think it's worth it?

Perfect Day is one of only three ports of call on this sailing, which is the ONLY reason I'm considering spending this much. But I'm really hesitating...We do have the Unlimited Dining & Beverage Packages so we won't be missing out on great food & drinks on this cruise.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!!

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t do it. The Oasis lagoon pool is so much nicer than the one in the beach club. I think the draw for some is the upgraded lunch but I love the food at the snack shack so that doesn’t do it for me either. There are so many free loungers and umbrellas available that I definitely wouldn’t pay that for a family.

If you want a guaranteed home base spot reserve a beach bed at south beach for $199. It gives you the bed plus 2 loungers and an umbrella with a cooler of water and floating mats.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If you want a guaranteed home base spot reserve a beach bed at south beach for $199. It gives you the bed plus 2 loungers and an umbrella with a cooler of water and floating mats.

They no longer have Beach Bed rentals at South Beach. I was told on our recent cruise that they were removed to make room for more crew area. The South Beach Cabanas are still there though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

They no longer have Beach Bed rentals at South Beach. I was told on our recent cruise that they were removed to make room for more crew area. The South Beach Cabanas are still there though. 

They are still selling them for my September cruise. Did you see that they weren’t there?

13 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

They are still selling them for my September cruise. Did you see that they weren’t there?

They were definitely not there. Before I arrived there I tried to book it but it was not even showing on the cruise Planner. For our August Mariner sailing it has been showing as Sold Out for a long time. 

These photos are from March 13, 2022 at South Beach. They only had Cabanas. 

3EEFEF8E-0965-488C-8CD2-79856E35E569.jpeg

243BFAE6-2E72-4B23-B709-998711942A9B.jpeg

FC22B0A2-889A-49BF-910D-E140671D77F0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We had the same issue ... reserved and paid for a South Beach bed, only to discover when we boarded that they no longer existed. 🤨 It wasn't a big deal, the Chill Island beds were just fine, but it would have been nice to at least have the option to cancel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

We had the same issue ... reserved and paid for a South Beach bed, only to discover when we boarded that they no longer existed. 🤨 It wasn't a big deal, the Chill Island beds were just fine, but it would have been nice to at least have the option to cancel. 

Did they automatically move you to Chill Island? I wonder what would happen if those were all sold out?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Did they automatically move you to Chill Island? I wonder what would happen if those were all sold out?

Yep, it was done automatically--we didn't even know about the change until we got the letter onboard! That's a good question, though ... I guess they would have just refunded our payment, but I certainly wouldn't have been happy about it. 😉 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

After not being able to book it online I called ShorEx and they said upon checking that it was no longer available to book. So for our August cruise we immediately booked one at Chill Island before they all sell out again.

4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

After not being able to book it online I called ShorEx and they said upon checking that it was no longer available to book. So for our August cruise we immediately booked one at Chill Island before they all sell out again.

Smart move! Hopefully before too long they'll just remove it altogether. Seems like a pretty quick solution, but what do I know. 😉

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

My planner is still showing South Beach available but I don’t want to get locked out either. The other options are Chill Island and Breezy Bay at Chill Island. I’m not familiar with these two sites. Do you know if one better than the other? As in more quiet less congested area?

6 minutes ago, Chadr135 said:

South Beach was an option for our July cruise but they are sold out.

Are there any showing available at Chill Island or Breezy Bay? I thought it was odd that South Beach showed “Sold Out” but not the others given their  preferred location to a lot of people. 

2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The other options are Chill Island and Breezy Bay at Chill Island. I’m not familiar with these two sites. Do you know if one better than the other? As in more quiet less congested area?

If you want less congested, I would recommend Chill Island. The portion where the day beds are located is relatively isolated, whereas Breezy Bay is a lot closer to food, Oasis Lagoon etc. I chose South Beach because I wanted a more quiet location, so I was very glad they didn't put us in Breezy Bay,

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

My planner is still showing South Beach available but I don’t want to get locked out either. The other options are Chill Island and Breezy Bay at Chill Island. I’m not familiar with these two sites. Do you know if one better than the other? As in more quiet less congested area?

Funny you ask because when we were locked out of South Beach I wanted to know about the other locations. So I took a walk to see what and were. I like the location of the Day Beds at Chill Island and being close to the Chill Grill and not far from the ship. See the photos of Chill Island with Day Beds from March 13, 2022

DEFD7548-6390-4668-82E9-B258FB2FCAE0.jpeg

A024608A-528A-4507-BF4A-30D63987090D.jpeg

EE858F3F-882F-42AE-999F-319C063F956A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Tall Cruiser's pictures are much prettier, but here is the view in the opposite direction! Taken from our balcony on the ship. Just to give you a sense of how peaceful & quiet it was. Especially if you get one closer to the left of the photo like we did--the ones on the right are bordering the free loungers so there's a bit more traffic, but even there it wasn't bad. 

700897408_CocoCay.thumb.jpg.e6998f201c13abdfbc962e59b769f802.jpg

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I wouldn’t do it. The Oasis lagoon pool is so much nicer than the one in the beach club. I think the draw for some is the upgraded lunch but I love the food at the snack shack so that doesn’t do it for me either. There are so many free loungers and umbrellas available that I definitely wouldn’t pay that for a family.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately they're sold out. 😕

2 hours ago, Chadr135 said:

We have an upcoming cruise on the Oasis for our family of four.  We are considering the Coco Beach Club for our stop at Perfect Day but the price seems crazy high...$700 for the four of us. Do you think it's worth it?

Perfect Day is one of only three ports of call on this sailing, which is the ONLY reason I'm considering spending this much. But I'm really hesitating...We do have the Unlimited Dining & Beverage Packages so we won't be missing out on great food & drinks on this cruise.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!!

The regular beaches at Chill Island are perfectly fine. No need to drop that kind of cash. We have been to the beach club twice and Chill Island twice since the restart. Free is fine. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chadr135 said:

Nope....But I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this price is insane. 🤣

I went to the beach club last year when I had OTW cabanas. Basically you're getting:

- An upgraded lunch

- A private pool

- Lounges and daybeds (which will be taken early in the morning)

- More waiters taking drink orders

IMO

• Like 1

We had a day bed reserved for $150.  Beach Club went on sale for about $80 per person so we switched.  Lunch was good, but NOT worth the money.  It was nice once, but I wouldn’t pay much for it in the future.  A lounger near the pool is just as good.

• Like 1