Booster now required after 270 days in Europe

CJANDH

Just received this new vaccine requirement for Euro cruises.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: APRIL 2, 2022

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

We have an urgent update on destination entry and boarding requirements for voyages embarking, disembarking and sailing in Europe.  

Effective immediately, EU Healthy Gateways has implemented the following updated definition of “Fully Vaccinated” against COVID-19: 

A passenger who carries a proof of vaccination, and at least 14 days and no more than 270 days have passed since the last dose of the primary vaccination series or if the person has received a third dose.    

Any guest who’s primary COVID-19 vaccination will be beyond 270 days at the time of disembarkation from their voyage must have a COVID-19 “booster” at least 14 days prior to embarkation.  

Guests who cannot meet the EU Healthy Gateways definition of “Fully Vaccinated” should not travel to the ship as you will be unable to board.  If you are unable to meet this requirement, please contact our Guest Services team immediately at the phone numbers listed below and we will issue a Future Cruise Credit for the full value of your cruise fare.  

We deeply regret any inconvenience this EU Healthy Gateway mandate may cause.  We will continue to keep you updated with any developments as they arise. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using the numbers below. Our commitment is to offer you the safest and most enjoyable cruise possible.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

• Like 1

I wonder why they waited so long. We got it at 8:30 p.m. last night for our May 2 cruise. We are boosted but I am sure that there are others who are not.

16 minutes ago, PSU said:

I wonder why they waited so long. We got it at 8:30 p.m. last night for our May 2 cruise. We are boosted but I am sure that there are others who are not.

We got it then too for our cruise leaving Tuesday. Luckily, Spain was already requiring this, so boosters were already required.

At least folks on your cruise can get it done in time to meet the 14 day requirement. If you are on your Roll Call, you might want to point this out if someone hasn't done so already.

What happens if it has been more than 270 days since your booster?  Rules just say booster if more than 270 days since final shot of original two or one shot regime; but nothing about 270 days since booster.

thanks,

Marc

31 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

What happens if it has been more than 270 days since your booster?  Rules just say booster if more than 270 days since final shot of original two or one shot regime; but nothing about 270 days since booster.

thanks,

Marc

There is currently no requirement for a second booster. Not even sure if the EU has approved a second booster yet. The requirement only pertains to getting a booster after your primary shots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forevertravel said:

C Jandh where are you going on your cruise? My understanding is a booster is only required if the country you're visiting requires it. That mandate is from June 2021. England, for example, does not require a booster.

We are embarking from Lisbon and debarking in Barcelona. It is EU countries that are requiring the booster if your second shot is more than 270 days old. This is a mandate issued on April 1, 2022 and effective immediately.

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

thanks,

Marc

Right now that is not an issue as boosters were not available more than 270 days ago. So anyone who has been boosted is okay. The rules do not state how long a booster is good for, just that one is needed if your second shot was more than 270 days ago.

I really hope no one is impacted by this last minute notification...it would be upsetting. . But....I can't imagine anyone would be booking a cruise without anticipating that covid requirement might change...requiring updated/current vaccine requirements. As dad always said....anticipate future problems and resolve them in advance!

• Like 2