Does "Up to Date" vaccination now include the second Booster?

RGEDad

On 4/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, Mary229 said:

He did say that since we had three Moderna’s that if we chose to get a fourth he would recommend we switch to Pfizer to maximize the benefit 

Interesting - I asked this same question (in reverse - my first 3 were Pfizer).  The reply I got was there is no clinical proof that switching improves immunity.  It had been thought that it did but that has been discounted now & the latest is to stick with what you had.  So, I got Pfizer again.  (My pharmacist had both Pfizer and Moderna).

On 4/4/2022 at 1:37 AM, Laminator said:

This is what is required for cruises departing from Europe. As you can see if your last shot was longer than 180 days ago a booster is required.
My booster shot was longer than 180 days ago. From what I can see depending on the country no test is required.

image.thumb.png.f91f9a989c5270dea3e15c4277ac5e26.png

Europe requirements are now actually 270 days from your last vaccine / booster.  Still 180 days if you recovered from covid.

D61D7616-7B59-464D-8F11-B5EA28EDF2BB.thumb.png.cd75f1010497e8b81128e4a9e684253b.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kazu said:

Interesting - I asked this same question (in reverse - my first 3 were Pfizer).  The reply I got was there is no clinical proof that switching improves immunity.  It had been thought that it did but that has been discounted now & the latest is to stick with what you had.  So, I got Pfizer again.  (My pharmacist had both Pfizer and Moderna).

Europe requirements are now actually 270 days from your last vaccine / booster.  Still 180 days if you recovered from covid.

D61D7616-7B59-464D-8F11-B5EA28EDF2BB.thumb.png.cd75f1010497e8b81128e4a9e684253b.png

My pharmacist agreed with your doctor.  I find Pharmacist usually more up to date on drug matters.  Anyway she said it mattered not one iota so I chose to switch to Pfizer as I had had severe reactions to Moderna each time.   I did have a reaction with Pfizer but much less severe 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

My pharmacist agreed with your doctor.  I find Pharmacist usually more up to date on drug matters.  Anyway she said it mattered not one iota so I chose to switch to Pfizer as I had had severe reactions to Moderna each time.   I did have a reaction with Pfizer but much less severe 

Good choice if you had reactions 👍 I luckily had no reaction to my Pfizer’s vaccines other than a slightly sore arm - just like any other vaccine.

12 hours ago, funcruiserpa said:

We are 50+.  Completed the primary vaccine series and had ONE booster. We are taking Princess in a couple of weeks. Are we considered "up-to-date" so we can take the antigen test 3 days before , though we  are eligible for the second booster shot now?

Princess allows antigen test 3 days prior, if you are up-to-date. Here is the link.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/?accordion=covid-test-prior-to-boarding

CDC booster eligibility tool seems to indicate we need second booster to be considered up-to-date.

Has anyone been in the same age group 50+, and have had only one booster and taken the antigen test 3 days before, and took Princess?

I was on Carnival & one booster was all that was needed to be up to date for over 50