Mini Covid vaccinations

kevboy

3 of my Grandchildren aged between 5 - 11 yrs are being vaccinated this week. They only receive 1/3 of the adult dose. They will get a second dose after 12 weeks. Is this being considered as being fully vaccinated by P&O and particularly the Caribbean Islands. ?? I am hoping to take them to Caribbean later in year. I cannot find any anywhere that is considering this.

thank you 

kev

27 minutes ago, kevboy said:

3 of my Grandchildren aged between 5 - 11 yrs are being vaccinated this week. They only receive 1/3 of the adult dose. They will get a second dose after 12 weeks. Is this being considered as being fully vaccinated by P&O and particularly the Caribbean Islands. ?? I am hoping to take them to Caribbean later in year. I cannot find any anywhere that is considering this.

thank you 

kev

I think you will need to wait and see what happens, if child vaccinations work as they have in adults then a booster may  be required before the Caribbean season starts up as there seems to be a pattern forming as to how long immunity lasts. Look at how the rules have changed to what constitutes fully vaccinated for adults so far this year. The Caribbean islands will have to make the rules fit the situation at the time as will P&O. 

At present, as long as your grandchildren complete the course of their Covid vaccination in line with Government guidelines then they are considered fully vaccinated.

No one knows the requirements for ships visiting the Caribbean next Winter season yet.

It’s very awkward isn’t it if you have an 11 year old soon to be 12. They can’t get the adult does yet but need 2 jabs before they holiday. If they wait for the 11 year old to reach 12 they won’t get the 2 jabs in time. I think the consensus is now go for the lower 11 year old dose now and have the adult one for the second jab. So 🤞🤞that will be okay. No one in the vaccine centres or on 119 or Doctors surgery seem to be able to give any constructive advice.