NRD - What does that mean now?

I am considering booking a cruise that requires $900 deposit(which is non-refundable). If I cancel prior to final payment,  does this mean I will lose the whole $900 or does it mean I  will lose  $100pp and the rest can be used  toward  another  cruise? 

Also,  there was a statement  that said  if I found a lower price within 48 hours RC would honor the price. Does that mean prior to final payment, they will not adjust  my price if I see that the fare has dropped?

23 minutes ago, shof515 said:

NRD - Non Refundable Deposit

you will lose this if you cancel

you can always reprice a cruise between now and final payment

You do not lose your deposit.

There is a cancellation fee of $100 pp.  the balance, in the OP's case $700 is issued as a FCC to use on another sailing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Also,  there was a statement  that said  if I found a lower price within 48 hours RC would honor the price. Does that mean prior to final payment, they will not adjust  my price if I see that the fare has dropped?

I believe this is when you initially book. If you find a lower price at another place, like big box store, travel agent, etc., they will honor that price within 48 hrs.

You can always get a price drop, up until final payment, if you find your cruise has one.

• Like 1

Just now, crzndeb said:

I believe this is when you initially book. If you find a lower price at another place, like big box store, travel agent, etc., they will honor that price within 48 hrs.

Only a lower price on Royal Caribbean.com.  Since you can reprice up till final payment this policy only comes into play for anyone booking after final payment.

They will not match travel agent sites

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only a lower price on Royal Caribbean.com.  Since you can reprice up till final payment this policy only comes into play for anyone booking after final payment.

They will not match travel agent sites

The wording is definitely confusing. Good to know. Thanks.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You do not lose your deposit.

There is a cancellation fee of $100 pp.  the balance, in the OP's case $700 is issued as a FCC to use on another sailing

Thanks, that is what I thought it would be. Just wanted to make sure because things change.

• Like 1