Chat Feature on Carnival Hub app

klfrodo

Sharing my experience on Carnival Freedom this past week.

It’s only $5 for the entire cruise for the “Chat” feature.

However, it was hit or miss if it actually worked at all. Sometimes the delay on delivery of the message was hours. Sometimes you had to close the Hub app and restart it to get your messages.

If it cost more than $5, I would say don’t do it. Obviously since it’s only 5 bucks, Carnival has no reason to try to improve its operation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Folks, it is not just Carnival, same issue with the NCL app.  unless you are actively in the app all the time, the notifications are delayed.  I think it is just a nature of the beast.  Best solution is to have scheduled check-ins with the app, or a place to meet up.

Sorry, technology is great, only when it works.

• Like 1

This is the first I’ve heard of this, I’m surprised because we just got off the Panorama and it worked great. There were four of us using it and we thought it was money well spent. We used it nonstop all week with no issues. 

• Like 2

Ask for your $5 back.  I ask for internet $ back a lot. 

Until customers ask for refunds on this, Carnival will continue to sell it and not make any attempt to fix it. 

I keep buying internet hoping they’ve fix it to work better than 50 percent of the time.  On the Sunshine a few weeks ago, it didn’t work in our room or up on the pool deck or in the MDR. I would have to log off and back on to use it, and even then, it was only working half the time. 

On the Mardi Gras it was fine. 

On the Sunshine next week. I’ve purchased internet again. I’m guessing it will be worse because I’m in an interior cabin this time. We’ll see. 

The chat feature gets better and better. This last cruise on Spirit, only had one or two issues, otherwise worked great. Now internet is another story! First time I ever got it, chose the value package, and could only get on line in the very early mornings. Should have asked for my money back, but I won’t be getting it again!

On 4/3/2022 at 6:18 PM, jetsfan58 said:

Similar issues on my recent cruise. We can always go back to our old walkie talkies!!!! 

We have been considering walkie talkies as I had heard the same thing about chat.  Can you tell me what kind you have and were there any places on the ship that you notice they wouldn't work?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...