to board in Spain a covid test is now required 24 hours before not 72

susiesan

13 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Important to have a negative test in hand prior to boarding to establish that pax was covid-free prior to embarkation. See the many posts that explain this in detail.

If you have the test on the quay before boarding  and it is negative this supposition  does not stand up ?

Edited by roger b
Spelling

8 minutes ago, roger b said:

If you have the test on the quay before boarding  and it is negative this supposition  does not stand up ?

The problem is if you test positive at the pier before boarding. You are sent home or to quarantine on your own dime with O not helping with any expenses unless you can establish that you didn’t have covid X number of days previously. The number of days changes frequently so I don’t know the current regs.

A lot has already been discussed on this topic.

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, roger b said:

In my latest advice  from Oceania there is no mention of this and as i will be arriving in Barcelona on the monday  and there are no test facilities open on a Sunday this is impossible!!

Video monitored self-testing is accepted by O. Or, if you’re flying out on Sunday many airports have testing sites open 7 days a week.

4 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

Video monitored self-testing is accepted by O. Or, if you’re flying out on Sunday many airports have testing sites open 7 days a week.

Airport fully booked ! ! I Still fail to see the difference  Oceania testing before boarding and a test 24 hrs before  , I will take my own test with me an test at the check in .

This getting ridiculous  you could test negative  on the quay and test positve the next day catching in the terminal where there a people in an enclosed area 

9 minutes ago, roger b said:

Airport fully booked ! ! I Still fail to see the difference  Oceania testing before boarding and a test 24 hrs before  , I will take my own test with me an test at the check in .

This getting ridiculous  you could test negative  on the quay and test positve the next day catching in the terminal where there a people in an enclosed area 

O is really giving folks an out if they test positive on embarkation.  Their policy basically says that if a pax travels to the port knowing in good faith that he/she is negative, based on an accepted test, and then test positive at the ship, they will cover the cost of quarantining and provide compensation for the missed cruise.  If you fly without that good faith attempt, then you're on your own.  So they leave the choice to the pax to take the risk or not.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 1985rz1 said:

O is really giving folks an out if they test positive on embarkation.  Their policy basically says that if a pax travels to the port knowing in good faith that he/she is negative, based on an accepted test, and then test positive at the ship, they will cover the cost of quarantining and provide compensation for the missed cruise.  If you fly without that good faith attempt, then you're on your own.  So they leave the choice to the pax to take the risk or not.

Has this been tested yet ?? 

3 minutes ago, roger b said:

What I know is that O's policy in the SailSafe document says:

"Guests that fail to test prior to departure, or cannot provide proof of a negative laboratory-supplied test result, and subsequently test positive for COVID-19 upon embarkation will not be reimbursed for quarantine or return arrangements.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roger b said:

I have seen posts that indicate it has been tested and the stated response by O was exactly as stated - negative pre test and positive pier test, O stepped up.......no pre test and positive at the pier, on your own!    We used the monitored emed test in our hotel in Trieste the day before embarkation and worked easy ....for $30.00, we saw it as cheap travel insurance.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2022 at 2:44 PM, susiesan said:

Can anyone point pout a website that is cruise specific to European sailings? If the country where your cruise embarks  no longer requires a test to enter then does that mean we don't need a test to board a ship there? If you don't need a test to board a train or ferry in a particular country why do you need one to board a cruise ship? Is the precruise testing an Oceania requirement or a EU/country specific one?

I am so confused and nervous about Spain this summer. I have read about ships being turned away from Barcelona for having Covid on board. I think France and Italy less restricted. 

35 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I am so confused and nervous about Spain this summer. I have read about ships being turned away from Barcelona for having Covid on board. I think France and Italy less restricted. 

We disembarked Riviera on Monday 4/4. Complimentary Covid test performed onboard on Sunday for both in transit guests and guests flying to a different country on Monday. No test required for guests disembarking and staying in Spain for one or more days.

We know that there were positive cases on board during the cruise but the Riviera was able to dock with no problem.

HTH

Edited by Croooser

On 4/6/2022 at 8:06 PM, 1985rz1 said:

What I know is that O's policy in the SailSafe document says:

"Guests that fail to test prior to departure, or cannot provide proof of a negative laboratory-supplied test result, and subsequently test positive for COVID-19 upon embarkation will not be reimbursed for quarantine or return arrangements.

Just to let everyone  know on this subject after going to alot of trouble to get a test done and a cost of $50 No test result  was needed or asked for as O do not test on the pier befofe boarding !!

7 minutes ago, roger b said:

Just to let everyone  know on this subject after going to alot of trouble to get a test done and a cost of $50 No test result  was needed or asked for as O do not test on the pier befofe boarding !!

Roger,

We were asked for the results of our Covid tests at the pier yesterday.  However i was surprised that Oceania did not perform another test at the pier as was stated in the email we received.  I am surprised you were not asked for your test results.

Terri

21 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Roger,

We were asked for the results of our Covid tests at the pier yesterday.  However i was surprised that Oceania did not perform another test at the pier as was stated in the email we received.  I am surprised you were not asked for your test results.

Terri

Terri, they were clueless at the pier yesterday in europe all that is needed is a QR code on the phone which when scanned it gives your details . O did not have a scanning device so it took 4 of their  check in staff to look at our details which they could not understand ,as this was only their 2nd cruise they have not got their act together , I thought also we would need to be tested by them befofe boarding ??

Roger 

1 hour ago, roger b said:

Terri, they were clueless at the pier yesterday in europe all that is needed is a QR code on the phone which when scanned it gives your details . O did not have a scanning device so it took 4 of their  check in staff to look at our details which they could not understand ,as this was only their 2nd cruise they have not got their act together , I thought also we would need to be tested by them befofe boarding ??

Roger 

I thought we needed to be tested also and I asked.  They looked at me like I had two heads and said “no testing”.  However, I had no QR codes because the lab could not send it to me.  So I had hard copies of my results.  That suited them just fine and we were on our way.

Terri

On 4/6/2022 at 11:43 AM, roger b said:

Actually no. Omicron , the dominant variant , has an incubation period of 2-4 days. So you could test negative one day, positive the next but not from the people at the quay. My husband had one very mild symptom on a Monday tested negative but then tested positive the next day .I had very mild symptoms on Thursday ( fever in late afternoon!) and didn’t test positive until the next day 

Good rule of thumb if you experience what you think is a cold or allergy keep testing 

But if you test negative with a PCR , since that is an extremely sensitive test which amplifies the RNA in the virus you’ll be good to go for awhile 

If  I wasn’t just recovered from Covid I would do that. But positive results persist long after people are not infectious