buying sweaters in Norway

Any experienced Norway shoppers?

We are going to 6 ports in Norway on Royal Caribbean in June. Looking for suggestions of best port to find 'local' made sweaters; and where might be the best prices. Molde, Tromso, Honningsvag, Alesund, Flam, Kristiansand

Sorry, cannot help on where to buy, can only advise that when we looked at them, the prices were so high, we moved swiftly on, and on subsequent cruises to the area, we never looked at them again.

They are lovely, but expect to pay $$$ for them as they are hand knitted from quality materials and everything in Norway costs $$$ anyway.

Maybe you could research them a bit online to be sure you will not be charged $$$ for cheap imitations of inferior quality..

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

Hello!

Welcome to Norway:)

A knitted wool sweater is a lovely gift and a very good product to wear on colder days. But expect to pay $$$ for them. 

Attached is a link to Dale of Norway. https://no.daleofnorway.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIibW7rYr99gIVl_hRCh1JXQq9EAAYASAAEgJgyvD_BwE

They have premium quality and are for sale on all of your port of calls. 

Best of luck to find your favorite!

• Like 1

I bought a Dale of Norway sweater in May 2017 on our Norwegian Fjords cruise with Celebrity. LOVE the sweater. Worth every penny. Most shops who feature Dale of Norway have many styles to choose from.  We loved that cruise so much, we are doing the Norwegian Fjords again on Celebrity's Apex in August 2022!

• Like 1

Highly recommend Susan Fosse knitwear, a small local business located in historic Bryggen. Unique designs and excellent quality. Susan also has a selection of Nordic-inspired cotton sweaters for those of us who live in warmer climates, as well as a nice selection of scarves, hats, gloves and other accessories.

www.susanfosse.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I am starting to research this subject and echo the thanks for endorsement of Susan Fosse.  I also have Husfliden Bergen AS on my list.

When I was in Reykjavik I went to the Handknit Association shop and nearly had to be revived when I saw the choices.  Swoon

3 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I am starting to research this subject and echo the thanks for endorsement of Susan Fosse.  I also have Husfliden Bergen AS on my list.

When I was in Reykjavik I went to the Handknit Association shop and nearly had to be revived when I saw the choices.  Swoon

Husfliden is a great place to check out other handmade Norwegian items. Nothing is machine made and you can find some stunning gifts there. They have shops all over Norway. 

• Like 1

Both Susan Fosse and Husfliden have on line shops with prices starting around 200 .  I suspect there are likely more unique pieces will range to higher.  Husfliden shows nice dress jackets around 460.  I am prepared for pieces with nicer buttons or clips to be on the upper end.  Remember your VAT refunds