Internet pricing question

Roxyjoan

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade from surf to stream internet. I’m an elite member, so I will have a 30 percent discount. I called the Captain's Club was transferred to internet sales and unfortunately they were no help. Thanks 

I believe it is related to the number of days of your cruise. 

Best way to find out is to go to Cruise Planner for your cruise and check the on my upcoming cruise -   I posted a picture - (currently a sale going on and does not reflect the 30% discount)

image.thumb.png.93b40960fe3f43564e41acf9bb6946d1.png

I’m also wondering the same,  as my husband will have to upgrade his for work. It looks like it would be $17/day minus any discount. Does the discount still get applied once on board or does it have to be done beforehand?

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I’m also wondering the same,  as my husband will have to upgrade his for work. It looks like it would be $17/day minus any discount. Does the discount still get applied once on board or does it have to be done beforehand?

I have only done it pre cruise by calling.  The prices in the cruise planner are lower than the on board price and if you upgrade pre cruise it would be less expensive.

We upgraded 1/2 way through cruise at a 50% discount (7 night cruise).  The 50% price was around $80US for 1 device.  We had a select discount of 25% so it was around $60US + tax. 

3 hours ago, Roxyjoan said:

Thanks for all the input. I’ll make another call to the captain's club now that I have some extra information. 

Please let us know what you find out. I posted this question a few days ago with no responses. I guess I included too many details. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone share with me the actual cost to upgrade from the Surf Internet Package to the Stream Internet Package?

My current Cruise Planner Page shows the following per day discounted prices to buy the Internet Packages.

Stream:                $29.99                   Based on Cruise Planner Pricing

Surf:                      $12.99                   Based on Cruise Planner Pricing

----------- 

Difference           $17.00

So, would I pay $17.00 minus my 25% Captains Club Discount for $12.75 per day?

-- Or  --

Current Celebrity Booking Confirmation shows a credit and debit for $15.00 per day for the Surf Package.

Stream:                 $29.99                   Based on Cruise Planner Pricing

Surf:                       $15.00                   Based on Booking Confirmation

------------

Difference            $14.99

So, would I pay $14.99 minus my 25% Captains Club Discount for $11.25 per day?

Edited by HBDave

6 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

From what I've seen before you can upgrade directly from the App and the discounts are already applied.

What I'm unclear on is if there is a pre-cruise sale whether they will also apply the discount on top.  In the past it was one or the others but read some who claimed they got both.

5 hours ago, Roxyjoan said:

Thanks for all the input. I’ll make another call to the captain's club now that I have some extra information. 

Note that Elite+ and other levels get varying amounts of free “high speed” minutes. In February my wife used our free minutes, that got her through a day or two before she needed to pay for the upgrade from basic. It was more complicated than it sounds but saved a bit.

Stan

While chasing another squirrel, I tripped over the following in the FAQ section:

How can a guest upgrade from Basic Wi-Fi to Premium Wi-Fi when they book the Always Included package?

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Basic Wi-Fi to Premium Wi-Fi, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment. The upgrade charge will be $20 per person per day.  Guests may not purchase a Wi-Fi upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their Basic Wi-fi to Premium Wi-Fi once onboard the ship.

The question is: can we get the discount listed on the site?

I didn't find this upgrade option on my cruise planner.

2 hours ago, HBDave said:

Please let us know what you find out. I posted this question a few days ago with no responses. I guess I included too many details. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone share with me the actual cost to upgrade from the Surf Internet Package to the Stream Internet Package?

My current Cruise Planner Page shows the following per day discounted prices to buy the Internet Packages.

Stream:                $29.99                   Based on Cruise Planner Pricing

Surf:                      $12.99                   Based on Cruise Planner Pricing

----------- 

Difference           $17.00

So, would I pay $17.00 minus my 25% Captains Club Discount for $12.75 per day?

-- Or  --

Current Celebrity Booking Confirmation shows a credit and debit for $15.00 per day for the Surf Package.

Stream:                 $29.99                   Based on Cruise Planner Pricing

Surf:                       $15.00                   Based on Booking Confirmation

------------

Difference            $14.99

So, would I pay $14.99 minus my 25% Captains Club Discount for $11.25 per day?

I had to call Captains club to do it and the above is approximately how it works. Was select so 25% off the already pre cruise discount. Went on a 9 night sailing on the equinox on march and it was $116.91 for 1 device to upgrade to stream. Not exactly 11.25 *9 but maybe there's some tax?  Actually it was probably (29.99-12.99)x9x0.75= around 114 so 116 I figured it was close enough. Did have to wait awhile on hold to get through to captains club though.

Screenshot_20220405-222938.jpg

Edited by Sixcruiser
Clarity

12 hours ago, Sixcruiser said:

I had to call Captains club to do it and the above is approximately how it works. Was select so 25% off the already pre cruise discount. Went on a 9 night sailing on the equinox on march and it was $116.91 for 1 device to upgrade to stream. Not exactly 11.25 *9 but maybe there's some tax?  Actually it was probably (29.99-12.99)x9x0.75= around 114 so 116 I figured it was close enough. Did have to wait awhile on hold to get through to captains club though.

Screenshot_20220405-222938.jpg

Thank You!

Not sure if good, bad, or just different.

Called yesterday as select member expecting ~$180 for one device upgrade on 14 night cruise.  Agent searched for best deal and I was quoted ~$135 for one device and ~$180 for two.

Been on four sailings since the restart, you get your CC on board, right in the app.  You can even wait a couple days before buying and would only pay five days vs seven days (for example).  Same goes with Surf/Basic to Stream/Premium upgrades, can wait a couple of days to upgrade if saving some $$$ is important

On 4/10/2022 at 8:32 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Been on four sailings since the restart, you get your CC DISCOUNT on board, right in the app.  You can even wait a couple days before buying and would only pay five days vs seven days (for example).  Same goes with Surf/Basic to Stream/Premium upgrades, can wait a couple of days to upgrade if saving some $$$ is important

Corrected my own post

On 4/6/2022 at 2:55 AM, GottaKnowWhen said:

Note that Elite+ and other levels get varying amounts of free “high speed” minutes. In February my wife used our free minutes, that got her through a day or two before she needed to pay for the upgrade from basic. It was more complicated than it sounds but saved a bit.

Stan

You have to use your Elite minutes first which for Elit+ is 240 each then upgrade one package for the remaining days might also save a bit.

On the current Silhouette TA the upgrade price on board was advertised as $260, with 25% Select discount I paid $195.

Over the last couple of days we’ve had a fair amount of time with no internet connection and when it is working I can’t access my Virgin Media email, it times out while trying to download.