Chef's Choice - Diamond Plus Perk

Hi All,

I tried to search but haven't figured out how to search 2 or more words.  I am a diamond plus and I was just looking over the perks because I haven't cruised since 2019.   I noticed one called Chef's Choice.  Can someone tell me what that is?  

59 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

272620113_2429659650512024_7315903292629372112_n.thumb.jpg.8ff8aa4a8479c4b3f7cb6aaf32d3088d.jpg

Actually there is a newer list out now I received onboard last saturday. Rcl towels removed. I think someone said coke zero or something added, I only cared about the towels. I got some crudy children's backpack instead. The towels are not being made, there is currently no supplier. This is as of last saturday.

Towels are removed. 

20220402_103649.jpg

20220402_103708.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I dont see any chef surprise. I always get 6 cookies on a plate. Usually hard as a rock. Is this the chef surprise? 

I can see why most people take the wine. Choices are slim.

the wine is an amenity.  The Chefs choice is different.  Everyone gets the chefs choice and youdont get to pick what you get..hence choice.  The wine you pick.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually there is a newer list out now I received onboard last saturday. Rcl towels removed. I think someone said coke zero or something added, I only cared about the towels. I got some crudy children's backpack instead. The towels are not being made, there is currently no supplier. This is as of last saturday.

Towels are removed. 

20220402_103649.jpg

20220402_103708.jpg

Thanks! I didn't think to get a copy when I was on Liberty in February... I saved this copy from CC or FB in January 
Looks like the only difference is the towal... 

43 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Thanks! I didn't think to get a copy when I was on Liberty in February... I saved this copy from CC or FB in January 
Looks like the only difference is the towal... 

This is what I got instead of towels ... I hear they are left overs from adventure ocean. 

20220326_120527.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Towels are removed. 

20220402_103649.jpg

20220402_103708.jpg

Thanks.

I called to change my preference a week ago and asked for the towel snd that's what they added.  I guess they never removed it from the system and never let the reps know.

• Like 1

I dont see any chef surprise. I always get 6 cookies on a plate. Usually hard as a rock. Is this the chef surprise? 

We’ve had the cookies on all our sailings since the restart. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

This is what I got instead of towels ... I hear they are left overs from adventure ocean. 

20220326_120527.jpg

WOW!!  I guess they didn't have an option but I would have tried to contact you before they gave you those. 

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

We’ve had the cookies on all our sailings since the restart. 

We have had cookies on both of our cruises too. I just updated mine this morning so I will see next month if I get more cookies  lol 

Edited by LilBlackDress

No chocolate covered strawberries on EX either.   In fact they ran out of all fresh fruit mid week on both legs...among many, many other items.  

The "Chef's choice" plate of leftover WJ cookies on embarkation day...yeah..definitely leftover.   Simple though to grab new ones from the WJ, or one of the lounges to replace.  I always keep my "cookie monster" happy through the week with fresh cookies daily.  😉 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

20220326_120527.jpg

They look like leftover from the gift selection when the Shipshape $s program.😊

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

No chocolate covered strawberries on EX either.   In fact they ran out of all fresh fruit mid week on both legs...among many, many other items.  

The "Chef's choice" plate of leftover WJ cookies on embarkation day...yeah..definitely leftover.   Simple though to grab new ones from the WJ, or one of the lounges to replace.  I always keep my "cookie monster" happy through the week with fresh cookies daily.  😉 

They seem to burn cookies too. Even some days at WJ they were hard and brown on the bottom. And I'm allergic to coconut and they hardly ever do the chocolate mudslides on my ships. And we had supply chain issues too. The most I've ever seen on liberty last 2 weeks. Someone said how can they run out of carrot cake, it was the cream cheese, and mozzarella for the appetizer and they were out of mushrooms night 1 for mushroom soup, so it wasnt just mid week, started off short items. No strip steak the last night. Cant say I'm totally surprised as my grocery store has limited stuff too some items.

Just now, nelblu said:

They look like leftover from the gift selection when the Shipshape $s program.😊

Idk cheap plastic to me. I did agree to bags but I expected the bags that are the amenity for 525 pts not some thin small plastic bags. I gave mine away to a 6 year old who was delighted with the size.  She could use them as backpacks. I let it go since I agree to bags and didnt ask what kind. She probably didnt know, her 3rd week. Wasnt any more impressed with the newbie diamond ambassador... just shrugged off most of what happened. Cant change it.

They seem to burn cookies too. Even some days at WJ they were hard and brown on the bottom. And I'm allergic to coconut and they hardly ever do the chocolate mudslides on my ships. And we had supply chain issues too. The most I've ever seen on liberty last 2 weeks. Someone said how can they run out of carrot cake, it was the cream cheese, and mozzarella for the appetizer and they were out of mushrooms night 1 for mushroom soup, so it wasnt just mid week, started off short items. No strip steak the last night. Cant say I'm totally surprised as my grocery store has limited stuff too some items.

I hear you there.   So many things missing, both food and wine.   Both legs had most of it in the beginning, then ran out mid week.  

Idk cheap plastic to me. I did agree to bags but I expected the bags that are the amenity for 525 pts not some thin small plastic bags. 

In place of the beach towel, I was first offered terry slippers (a big NO), wine selection (don't need with 5 drink vouchers), then finally 525 point tote bag (score!).

I still have beach towel as my choice for my May cruise, so I'll see what I get.  

BTW, the loyalty ambassador on Enchantment was very helpful in getting my D+ amenity and requesting my missing crystal blocks. 

Thanks, all.  I thought the soda and snack was part of number 1 below and assumed  number 3 was something different.

Got this from the list of benefits. 

1.  Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection 2 • • • •

2.  Milestone recognition 3 • • •

3.  Chef’s Choice Gift