Any Negative Experiences With Upgrade offers?

ginger123snaps

We have been offered the opportunity to upgrade.  We are already in the Yacht club so I suppose we would get a bigger room.  I just want to make sure there aren't any negatives to upgrading.  I did get some onboard credit.  I'm hearing that I would lose this credit?  Any other negatives?  I did book directly through MSC.

Edited by ginger123snaps

I am booked YC deluxe suite on 7 night cruise from Marseille. Have had upgrade offers to Royal suite for £1750 pp!  As far as I can tell that is £500 per day to get much more space.and nothing else - crazy! 

1 hour ago, Number34 said:

I am booked YC deluxe suite on 7 night cruise from Marseille. Have had upgrade offers to Royal suite for £1750 pp!  As far as I can tell that is £500 per day to get much more space.and nothing else - crazy! 

It's ridiculous, our past 4 cruises have been YC with similar 'offers'....all ignored, needless to say!

11 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

We have been offered the opportunity to upgrade.  We are already in the Yacht club so I suppose we would get a bigger room.  I just want to make sure there aren't any negatives to upgrading.  I did get some onboard credit.  I'm hearing that I would lose this credit?  Any other negatives?  I did book directly through MSC.

I second what @quattrohead said...if you have OBC, don't touch your reservation. If you lose it - even if not your fault - it will be a nightmare getting it back.

I'm in a similar situation...I am in an inside YC and can upgrade to Deluxe...not even thinking about it because I have a bunch of OBC from various sources and price drops.

Now, when I get onboard I may see if I can pay to upgrade (or even get it for free)...but beforehand, forget about it.

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

Paying more than buying outright could be one downside.

This is actually a good point. I've gotten offers that are just about what it would cost to buy outright...the difference being buying outright you can pick you cabin, upgrade you can't.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, ginger123snaps said:

The biggest negative is MSC themselves. Don't touch it, call, email or even breath for that matter.

I had my YC GS taken away and downgraded to a regular balcony on deck 8.🤬

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bac513 said:

Just received upgrade offer for Seashore from deluxe grand suite to royal suite. This “upgrade” offer results in a higher price than the currently published price!!!

As I've said several times.

The upgrades are a third party firm same as NCL.  Hoping to get rabid cruisers looking for a 'deal'.

Yes agree with MSCdivina2016, you mess with any reservation on MSC trying to fix, correct or change and you will have to deal with their pathetic customer service department if you can call them a customer service department.

Definitely leave it alone and save yourself a lot of grief and misery.

• Like 1