Wonder of the Seas Unlimited Dining Plan Cost?

Personally we don’t see the value on anything other then Oasis class or Anthem class.  On the smaller ships there are usually a max of 3 restaurants and we’d have to do one 3 x in a week.  But on the big ships we really enjoy it.

On the smaller ships we do sometimes do the chefs table in addition to our first 2 nights of BOGO.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, LEMJMcC said:

Just trying to get an idea of the cost of the unlimited dining plan on Wonder of the Seas for a 7-night eastern Caribbean cruise.  Anyone purchase one recently and willing to share the cost?  Did you find it worth the cost?  Are there any exclusions?

Thanks

Just got off the Wonder today and bought it onboard during embarkation. We asked several crew selling the 3 day packages and they said the unlimited dining package was not available and was sold out online. We went to Giovannis and asked the host and she called her manager who said she could sell it to us.  It was more expensive than online sale which we missed. They charged $217 plus 18% gratuity. So $256 a person. 

Truthfully I don't think it was worth the price. Yes it is nice to be able to go to any restaurant but 7 days of specialty dining is a bit much. You end up eating a lot more rich foods than you want to in a week just so you feel like you got your money worth. 

You can order food to go if u like at some of the restaurants if you don't want to do a sit down. 

• Like 3

On 4/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, molly361 said:

I just bought it for a 6 night for $192 supposedly on sale.  Others say they paid $174 or $178 on sale.  I will keep my eye out.  I don't want to get locked out as I have had several cruises where the UDP got sold out

I guess $192 WAS the sale price.  Today it is $222 per person and this is for a 6 night cruise    WOW

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

Well after reading up on the dining package I decided to go ahead and get it, even if it's just for the unlimited sushi. I logged in just now to buy it and the price went up to $259/person (yesterday it was $169/person).

must be part of the fake 45% off sale they're advertising. I'll wait until it goes back down and buy it. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

Royal's pricing for the UDP and drink packages are so out of sight right now. People that sail Royal, for the most part, aren't  the same people that can afford  Seabourn. If enough passengers refuse to buy this overpriced stuff, maybe the prices will come down.

• Like 1

We were able to get the UDP for our upcoming TA on Anthem for $215 pp. With 11 dinners and 8 sea day lunches, that is roughly $12 pp per meal (plus grats).  Considering Anthem has more restaurant options than the smaller ships, it was a great deal we couldn’t pass up.

Edited by ridge4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ridge4 said:

We were able to get the UDP for our upcoming TA on Anthem for $215 pp. With 11 dinners and 8 sea day lunches, that is roughly $12 pp per meal (plus grats).  Considering Anthem has more restaurant options than the smaller ships, it was a great deal we couldn’t pass up.

Agreed, the Quantum and Oasis class ships give great value on the UDP.  With the number of restaurants, there isn't the feeling of having to eat in the same three specialty restaurants every night.  We purchased the UDP on the Wonder inaugural and found it to be great value, with lunches at Chops and Giovanni and Mason Jar some of the days, and dinners at all of those as well 150 Central Park and Hooked Seafood.  Having the $20pp at Playmakers each day also came in handy if we wanted a snack that was a bit more robust than the Sorrentos pizza.  I''m not sure I would purchase on a 3/4/5 night cruise as i likely would use whatever OBC I had to do one or two nights at either Chops/Izumi Hibachi/Giovanni's and then eat the other nights at the MDR.  

• Like 1