Is there a limit to the number of bottles of wine you can bring on board?

Zoey

3 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We’ve brought wine back from shore excursions to wineries and have either had it put on ice to drink in our cabin, or paid the corkage to drink with dinner.

I am new to Azamara.  I believe there is no traditional dining.  How do you get your bottles?

6 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I am new to Azamara.  I believe there is no traditional dining.  How do you get your bottles?

They're stored by name and cabin number. Your bottle will be brought to your table anywhere you're dining.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We always bring it from our cabin with us.  If it needs decanting, we bring it to a sommelier early

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, luv2travel90266 said:

I have a nice wine cellar. Been a serious collector for decades. . I still drink what i define as spaghetti wines  for every day drinking I read about ir find at Costco. Not impressed with the upgraded wines in the “ultimate” package. Will see what the ports offer and pay for tge very reasonable corkage. One positive is one in the cabin can upgrade while other cruise lines require both. My wife doesn't drink. 

My husband also has been collecting for decades. We have found that staff tries to up sell you in the specialty restaurants. And it is swill. I also rarely drink anything alcoholic. We will be in Dublin for almost a week before we board. I have been researching wine shops and plan to BYOB. 

On 5/30/2022 at 7:07 AM, Four21eyes said:

My husband also has been collecting for decades. We have found that staff tries to up sell you in the specialty restaurants. And it is swill.  

I beg to differ.  We have purchased some very good bottles onboard.  Reasonable prices too.  We also have an extensive cellar…

• Like 1

This will be my first Azamara cruise. We have done Celebrity in the past and have bought bottle packages where i have  found acceptable choices. I understand that per glass many can’t tell the difference between wines other than the color red and white. I have already located wine stores at are debarkation city and plan to buy and bring on for dinner and pay the corkage.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2travel90266 said:

This will be my first Azamara cruise. We have done Celebrity in the past and have bought bottle packages where i have  found acceptable choices. I understand that per glass many can’t tell the difference between wines other than the color red and white. I have already located wine stores at are debarkation city and plan to buy and bring on for dinner and pay the corkage.  

1 hour ago, luv2travel90266 said:

There isn't any problem bringing wine aboard.  I have taken azamara wine tours, purchased wines that we had on tour, and paid the corkage in the dining room.  The sommeliers enjoyed tasting the wines that I brought aboard-- and never tried to sell me a better wine.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2022 at 11:31 AM, joyride said:

Just to clarify - it's OK to bring on a bottle of liquor, like Crown Royal to drink in the cabin?

I even bought 2 bottles of the Turkish equivalent of Sambucca in a port.  When I tried to give it to them to stow I was told no I could have it in my room!  And that was when beer and wine were only at lunch and dinner and other drinks weren’t included, which was why I was surprised! 

On 4/7/2022 at 10:17 AM, takemewithyou said:

Viking does not.

Neither does Celebrity as long as you have a beverage package. We were on Regent last month and brought some lovely Bordeaux on board. No corkage. We gave tastes to our Sommelier.

Edited by asnaleah

On 6/1/2022 at 3:03 AM, laurieb said:

I beg to differ.  We have purchased some very good bottles onboard.  Reasonable prices too.  We also have an extensive cellar…

I agree. We’ve had some very enjoyable wines on board when we’ve asked the sommelier for a bottle of something a bit special. Sometimes we have found the prices to be a bit steeper than we would have liked, but they understandably want to make a profit.

Some of the included wines have been pretty drinkable, but some have been notably bad. We’ve  found the good ones go quickly, and the real stinkers just keep coming back for another go, because no one else seems to like them either! In the past, we’ve always been able to find something we really like in the Ultimate package selections, and I hope that will continue under the new management.

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, SailorJack said:

New to Azamara. I have looked over the Azamara website and could not find reference to their alcohol policy. To clarify an earlier post on this thread - is it OK to bring hard liquor on board - e.g. scotch or bourbon?

Thanks

Jack

Absolutely!!!!  Anything you want and as much as you want

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, laurieb said:

As much as you like!  We have a special wine suitcase made for carrying wine that holds 12 bottles.  We've purchased 18 bottles to bring onboard in Bordeaux a few years ago (for more than just the 2 of us :)).  Other cruise lines have a very stringent policy like you describe but not Azamara

Hi Laurie,

Do you normally bring bottles from Europe to the US in your wine suitcase too? If so, have you had any problems with US customs? We bought a 12 bottle suitcase a couple years ago, and recently bought an 8 bottle one during a sale that I thought we’d take on this summer’s cruises.

Diana

You can bring as much wine on board as you can carry. NO limit. As to bringing wine home 

Can I bring back alcohol back to the United States for my personal use or as a gift? Generally, one liter per person may be entered into the U.S. duty-free by travelers who are 21 or older. Additional quantities may be entered, although they will be subject to duty and IRS taxes.

5 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

Hi Laurie,

Do you normally bring bottles from Europe to the US in your wine suitcase too? If so, have you had any problems with US customs? We bought a 12 bottle suitcase a couple years ago, and recently bought an 8 bottle one during a sale that I thought we’d take on this summer’s cruises.

Diana

We have brought wine back, no problems at all.

29 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

You can bring as much wine on board as you can carry. NO limit. As to bringing wine home 

Can I bring back alcohol back to the United States for my personal use or as a gift? Generally, one liter per person may be entered into the U.S. duty-free by travelers who are 21 or older. Additional quantities may be entered, although they will be subject to duty and IRS taxes.

We've brought several bottles home with us with no issues