Testing positive after disembarking

CJANDH

Does anyone understand what to do if you test positive in your final port after disembarking but still on a Regent post cruise stay in Europe? We still need a negative test 24 hours before boarding a plane to the USA. We are spending two post cruise nights at the RSS hotel in Barcelona. So we will need to get a test in Barcelona. As Regent booked our flights and hotel, will they help with quarantine arrangements and flight changes if we test positive? Is there a contact number in Barcelona?

18 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I think Regent is still expecting you to quarantine for 10 days....but as they really don't discuss it, who knows?

Does Regent have anything to do with it?

We know people who are in Barcelona, and waiting to test negative.  They did not test on the ship since they intended to stay in Barcelona, and Regent only offered the free test for those flying out the same day as disembarkation.

I'm not disagreeing, but asking, "If you test negative after 6 days are you good to go?"

9 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Good question. But I am hoping that Regent will rearrange the travel for us at least.

Our friends that tested positive booked their hotel and flights so the circumstances are not the same, but their travel insurance is paying  for the hotel. 

I'm not sure about their United flights. The United website says rebook to fly 10 days after testing positive. No change fees, but you must pay any difference in fare.

They are staying in a hotel on the beach in Barcelona.

• Like 1

Hey Tom,

Glad to see that you are currently traveling.   I plan to read your review this weekend.  We have not set foot on a ship since May of 2019, and do not plan to for a while longer.

Do you know what type of travel insurance your friends are using? We are looking for travel insurance that will cover Covid related incidents for when we travel overseas this coming July.  Great to hear that your friends are being taken care of by their insurance, but sorry that they have been ill.

5 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Hey Tom,

Glad to see that you are currently traveling.   I plan to read your review this weekend.  We have not set foot on a ship since May of 2019, and do not plan to for a while longer.

Do you know what type of travel insurance your friends are using? We are looking for travel insurance that will cover Covid related incidents for when we travel overseas this coming July.  Great to hear that your friends are being taken care of by their insurance, but sorry that they have been ill.

Wow! Howdy,  Hope ya'll get to travel sooner than later.  Seems like hope to travel is about the best we can do these days.

Our friends have Trawick.  Our friend is not sick(asymptomatic) so the medical doesn't apply. United won't let them fly for 10 days so they are stuck in Barcelona receiving $150/day as the Insurance company views it as a delay.  Maximum payment is for 6 days. The cruise wasn't very enjoyable, but I think they are making the best of their time in Barcelona.  Ha, a DB grad (1970).

Thank you.  Never heard of Trawick.  Glad your friend is not sick.  That's what scares us the most about 'getting out there'...the unknown. 

Although we do not want to cruise overseas (we may take short Caribbean cruise closer to Christmas) until we feel things settle down , we decided to take the plunge and take a land trip with our girls to London and Paris.  It was actually their idea to help us celebrate our 65th and 70th year birthdays.  I am not 100% excited, but V and the girls are ecstatic!

At the moment, we do not have to test for Covid to fly into London.  And as long as we have been vaccinated and boostered, we do not have to test going into Paris (we are taking train).  However, if a visitor has not been boostered, they have to follow unvaccinated protocol and be tested before entering.  We did not find this part out until after booking tickets!  All but one of us has been boostered.  They refuse because they have had Covid twice in the last 2 years and believe they have enough immunity!!!   And, of course, we have to test before flying home.  So I am a bit nervous that any one of us could test positive and be stuck in one of the two countries.

Go DB!!!  We have become supporters since moving to K-port.

So sorry that your cruise has not been everything you had hoped for, but happy that you were able to get away.  

• Thanks 1

Unless a cruise line will GUARANTEE to pay my expenses if I am delayed by Covid testing from getting home, we will not book a cruise or any other travel out of our area.  This is scary stuff. We have been vac’d twice and boosted twice, and had mild breakthrough Omicron around Jan 1. There is such a thing as a false positive from a test.and as soon as we can get a third booster, we’ll get that. But I refuse to allow myself to be stranded at my own expense be the rules if some airline.  

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Unless a cruise line will GUARANTEE to pay my expenses if I am delayed by Covid testing from getting home, we will not book a cruise or any other travel out of our area.  This is scary stuff. We have been vac’d twice and boosted twice, and had mild breakthrough Omicron around Jan 1. There is such a thing as a false positive from a test.and as soon as we can get a third booster, we’ll get that. But I refuse to allow myself to be stranded at my own expense be the rules if some airline.  

I used United since that is the airline our friends are are using.

The rules are on the CDC website. Almost too much information.

It also refers to proof of recovery. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

On 4/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, CJANDH said:

Good question. But I am hoping that Regent will rearrange the travel for us at least.

We are currently on the Voyager Barcelona to Lisbon and we had to have a LFT before embarkation in Barcelona, so before leaving I phoned Regent and asked the question of what would happen if one of us tested positive. The agent told me that if our travel insurance did not cover us then Regent would cover the cost of quarantining us and also because we had flights booked through Regent they would arrange and pay for our onward flights back to the UK.

Hope this helps a bit.

52 minutes ago, seasickphil said:

We are currently on the Voyager Barcelona to Lisbon and we had to have a LFT before embarkation in Barcelona, so before leaving I phoned Regent and asked the question of what would happen if one of us tested positive. The agent told me that if our travel insurance did not cover us then Regent would cover the cost of quarantining us and also because we had flights booked through Regent they would arrange and pay for our onward flights back to the UK.

Hope this helps a bit.

It does. Thank you phil.

4 hours ago, seasickphil said:

Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you for the explanation.  I wonder how long this policy will be in effect?

On 4/8/2022 at 9:37 PM, Dolebludger said:

Now you want guarantees…. You have constantly stated you would not cruise while Covid is still around. What exactly do you want?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Excuse me, but when I read threads like “Voyager to Hades” on the Regent board, and reports of onboard and post cruise infections on other boards here, it is hard for us to put down big money for a cruise now (or any other long distance vacation). As this thread demonstrates, there are too many risks and unanswered questions.and we are far from the only ones delaying “big vacation” plans until the medical situation becomes more stable, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

we are far from the only ones delaying “big vacation” plans until the medical situation becomes more stable, 

Some of us don't have that long to wait 🥴!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Excuse me, but when I read threads like “Voyager to Hades” on the Regent board, and reports of onboard and post cruise infections on other boards here, it is hard for us to put down big money for a cruise now (or any other long distance vacation). As this thread demonstrates, there are too many risks and unanswered questions.and we are far from the only ones delaying “big vacation” plans until the medical situation becomes more stable, 

Agreed...you should stay home.

• Like 8

On 4/8/2022 at 9:37 PM, Dolebludger said:

There are no guarantees in life, but sure, keep waiting...

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, Iamthesea said:

Thank you.  Never heard of Trawick.  Glad your friend is not sick.  That's what scares us the most about 'getting out there'...the unknown. 

Although we do not want to cruise overseas (we may take short Caribbean cruise closer to Christmas) until we feel things settle down , we decided to take the plunge and take a land trip with our girls to London and Paris.  It was actually their idea to help us celebrate our 65th and 70th year birthdays.  I am not 100% excited, but V and the girls are ecstatic!

At the moment, we do not have to test for Covid to fly into London.  And as long as we have been vaccinated and boostered, we do not have to test going into Paris (we are taking train).  However, if a visitor has not been boostered, they have to follow unvaccinated protocol and be tested before entering.  We did not find this part out until after booking tickets!  All but one of us has been boostered.  They refuse because they have had Covid twice in the last 2 years and believe they have enough immunity!!!   And, of course, we have to test before flying home.  So I am a bit nervous that any one of us could test positive and be stuck in one of the two countries.

Go DB!!!  We have become supporters since moving to K-port.

So sorry that your cruise has not been everything you had hoped for, but happy that you were able to get away.  

We are also looking at London and Paris. We love both. Hopefully sometime from  late July to September.

Of course Covid is the big unknown. We've had four jabs now.