Tour operators in Icelandic ports

jacketwatch

Hello;

we are a party of six who will be cruising out of Reykjavik in June with stops in tree ports in Iceland, Isafjordur, Akureyri and Sefdisfjordur.  Usually tour operators are in ports but can anyone confirm if thius is true for these ports?  

Thank you

Larry 

In September, 2019 we were on a Holland America Cruise that stopped in Iceland.  We arranged for a DIY in Isafjordur with WildWestFjords to see the Dynjandi Waterfall.  I think they are still in business.  In Akureyri we arranged for a Lake Myvatn tour with SagaTravel.  We had good experiences with both companies, other than the cold, rainy weather in Isafjordur.  

Our cruise did not stop in Sefdisfjordur.

If you are asking if tour operators will be on the pier with openings, that is unlikely.  If you are asking if there are operators in those ports that you can pre-book with, in order to not do a ship's tour, then yes.  At least, I know that Akureyri and Isafjordur have operators.  I don't know about Sefdisfjordur.  You could ask over on TripAdvisor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are heading to Akureyri, Isafjordur, Grundarfjordur, and Reykjavik this July. Most of the tour providers our Roll Call forum booked with are sold out, and close to it, and we are still 2 months out. I wouldn't rely on being able to just join a tour at the ports.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 12:47 AM, thehowlingroad said:

We are heading to Akureyri, Isafjordur, Grundarfjordur, and Reykjavik this July. Most of the tour providers our Roll Call forum booked with are sold out, and close to it, and we are still 2 months out. I wouldn't rely on being able to just join a tour at the ports.

We had a great experience with IG tours. Very organized and efficient. They coordinated tours from Reykjavik and Akureyri  we ended up with 4 buses from our ship and the tours were excellent!!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, blomo said:

We had a great experience with IG tours. Very organized and efficient. They coordinated tours from Reykjavik and Akureyri  we ended up with 4 buses from our ship and the tours were excellent!!

Thanks for the resource! I'm going to add this to our roll call's website-- we have several passengers still looking for tours but the popular companies are all sold out.

12 minutes ago, thehowlingroad said:

Thanks for the resource! I'm going to add this to our roll call's website-- we have several passengers still looking for tours but the popular companies are all sold out.

Great. I hope it works out for you. 

5 hours ago, gpearce said:

Anyone have a web site for IG tours?

@gnome12 dropped a link in the comment above, but if you're booking cruise-ship excursions, I emailed them at info@igtours.is and they were able to give me a full itinerary specific to my cruise, and offered a discount for booking more than one excursion with them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thehowlingroad said:

@gnome12 dropped a link in the comment above, but if you're booking cruise-ship excursions, I emailed them at info@igtours.is and they were able to give me a full itinerary specific to my cruise, and offered a discount for booking more than one excursion with them.

Thank you, because I thought they didnot exist anymore as I did not get an answer to my questions sbout the conditions if we booked three of their tours in Iceland. I will try again today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Thank you, because I thought they didnot exist anymore as I did not get an answer to my questions sbout the conditions if we booked three of their tours in Iceland. I will try again today.

I got a response from them just last week, so they’re definitely still operating! If they’re not answering direct emails, try submitting your question through the contact form on their page.

A lot of the Icelandic tour operators are smaller companies and only have 1-2 admin staff. I’ve never waited more than 48 hours for a response from any company, so I have a feeling that in your case, the email just slipped through the cracks. If you still don’t have any luck with IGT, Iceland Everywhere and Saga Tours are two other tour companies that I’ve been working with for our upcoming cruise and both have been really great.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, thehowlingroad said:

I got a response from them just last week, so they’re definitely still operating! If they’re not answering direct emails, try submitting your question through the contact form on their page.

A lot of the Icelandic tour operators are smaller companies and only have 1-2 admin staff. I’ve never waited more than 48 hours for a response from any company, so I have a feeling that in your case, the email just slipped through the cracks. If you still don’t have any luck with IGT, Iceland Everywhere and Saga Tours are two other tour companies that I’ve been working with for our upcoming cruise and both have been really great.

Thank you very much! I submitted my questions twice through the contact form. And this afternoon after reading the earlier messages, I sent an e-mail. Will wait and hope to have answerd before we leave for another trip this weekend 😉 

• Like 1

We sail out of Southampton bound for Reykjavik in a couple of weeks and, along with several of our roll call members have booked excursions with Arcticshorex.com for Seydisfjordur, Akureyri and Isafjordur.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 4:30 PM, lynncarol said:

If you get no response to the email, move on!  As mentioned, Saga tours was great.

Would you have the link to their website? I’m getting various answers through google and I want to make sure I’ve got the right tour company. Thanks 

14 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

Would you have the link to their website? I’m getting various answers through google and I want to make sure I’ve got the right tour company. Thanks 

https://sagatravel.is/ This is the one I used. Make sure to use their contact form if you have questions, they seem more likely to respond that way than by direct email.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 1:04 PM, caneable said:

We sail out of Southampton bound for Reykjavik in a couple of weeks and, along with several of our roll call members have booked excursions with Arcticshorex.com for Seydisfjordur, Akureyri and Isafjordur.

Hello! We are using Arcticshorex in Isafjorfur and looking to possibly book them for Akureyri and Reykjavik. Since it’s been amongst a year since you sailed what did you think of the tours with Arcticshorex?