If I particularly want to see towel animals, what should I do?

willoL

8 hours ago, idiebabe said:

We were on the 3/16 NS Cruise and our Room was located by the Aft Elevators.  Our Room Attendant worked alone and had 17 Rooms to take care of including the Inside Rooms.  (Maybe it will change by the time you Sail but hope that helps to answer your question that the Room Attendant will be doing both your Room and your Teenagers Room.)  The bank of Rooms after ours had two Attendants taking care of 34 Rooms.

On Embark Day when he introduced himself he informed us that Towel Animals and Chocolates are now only on Gala Nights.  This was a change from our previous Cruise on NS in December.  It was at this time he asked if we wanted once or twice a day Service.  We did get the Towel Animals on the Gala Nights and the display on Lido the last Sea Day was awesome!  

This is very interesting. In all my years of sailing HAL I don’t think have ever seen a room attendant working alone on HAL. It’s always been two together (I think it used to be 20-25 rooms pre COVID and 34-38 post restart with one service per day except for NS and PS or upon request) 

9 hours ago, idiebabe said:

We were on the 3/16 NS Cruise and our Room was located by the Aft Elevators.  Our Room Attendant worked alone and had 17 Rooms to take care of including the Inside Rooms.  (Maybe it will change by the time you Sail but hope that helps to answer your question that the Room Attendant will be doing both your Room and your Teenagers Room.)  The bank of Rooms after ours had two Attendants taking care of 34 Rooms.

On Embark Day when he introduced himself he informed us that Towel Animals and Chocolates are now only on Gala Nights.  This was a change from our previous Cruise on NS in December.  It was at this time he asked if we wanted once or twice a day Service.  We did get the Towel Animals on the Gala Nights and the display on Lido the last Sea Day was awesome!  

Experienced Room Stewards may or may not be working alone.  Housekeeping supervisors organize their Room Stewards by blocks of rooms and pairs of Room Stewards.  If both Room Stewards are veterans, they tend to work alone with a division of staterooms.  Rookies tend to be "paired" until they are deemed "experienced" by their supervisors.

8 hours ago, zgscl said:

This is very interesting. In all my years of sailing HAL I don’t think have ever seen a room attendant working alone on HAL. It’s always been two together (I think it used to be 20-25 rooms pre COVID and 34-38 post restart with one service per day except for NS and PS or upon request) 

First time seeing this for us, too, and we've stayed in the Aft Section multiple times over the Years.  When we were on Rotterdam in early November we were in approximately the same area and had a Room Attendant and his Assistant.  In our four Cruises since the Restart we've only been in a Neptune once and the other Sailings were Verandah's.  We had twice a day Service on all our Cruises but even in the NS in early December they asked our preference  for once or twice a day. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 4:52 PM, MISTER 67 said:

My guess is relieved.

LOL, I hear you. At first they are cute, but then it is just another couple of clean towels that you have to move around and clean towels that they not only need but now they have to clean, again. I agree with whomever said to buy the book. But then again, we don't have teens to amuse ...

• Like 1

No offence to anyone but I do not understand what this fascination with towel animals is. To each his own, but the first thing I tell the stewards is to please, not waste their time with a towel animal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

No offence to anyone but I do not understand what this fascination with towel animals is. To each his own, but the first thing I tell the stewards is to please, not waste their time with a towel animal.

Luckily, on our recent 35 night cruise with a B2B 10 night cruise we only received two animals. If it helps our steward to keep our room neat and tidy I would rather have that than a towel animal. Never thought to tell them otherwise, so nice tip. They work so hard. I just try to communicate when we are going to breakfast or dinner. I think they like to count on that information, as they always say ' thank you for letting me know'...

There is a big difference between what will amuse a small child and what will amuse a teenager.

While a trip down nostalgia lane can be fun, it doesn't mean that the teenager wants the same thing as a preschooler.

Let the teenagers enjoy their cruise as the young adults that they are and not try to force childhood experiences on them.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:47 AM, Homosassa said:

There is a big difference between what will amuse a small child and what will amuse a teenager.

While a trip down nostalgia lane can be fun, it doesn't mean that the teenager wants the same thing as a preschooler.

Let the teenagers enjoy their cruise as the young adults that they are and not try to force childhood experiences on them.

It was my teen seeing his own photo with the towel animal that prompted my query, so I'm pretty confident I understand where he's coming from.

It's popular to act as if teens are creatures from another planet who bear no relationship to adults, but mine seem to be pretty amazing human beings (from my admittedly biased perspective), and we communicate clearly and well most of the time.

There can be NO DOUBT to anyone who knows (either of) my kid(s) that the towel animal on the toilet would be THE BEST THING EVER!!! 🤣

I'm totally with you, @ShipWalker

• Like 4

On 4/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, ShipWalker said:

I am always amused at what may lie in wait for me in regards to towel animals. (But then again I am easily amused.)

funny-folded-towel-art-in-hotels-1-5e577

What a great picture. They are so creative with towel animals. Thank you for posting it. I got a huge chuckle over it.

Just ask your steward. There’s a youtube review of NCL by Tony from LaLidaLoca, and he said his steward would put in towel animals if requested, or to delight first-time cruisers. If they do that, you can show your gratitude with a cash tip.

• Thanks 1