April 10 Sailing of Discovery Princess

Guardsy

Has anyone heard how many passengers will be sailing out of LA tomorrow?

I have heard 2,200 for the sailing that is underway now, and 3,400 for next week, but have not heard a number for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, trafficgirl124 said:

I am on April 17, so if anyone on next week could find out the number for the next week that would be appreciated. Just curious more than anything. 

On this sailing as well, and someone posted 3400...so expect a basically full ship.

10 hours ago, Guardsy said:

Has anyone heard how many passengers will be sailing out of LA tomorrow?

I have heard 2,200 for the sailing that is underway now, and 3,400 for next week, but have not heard a number for tomorrow.

We are getting off tomorrow and our friends from Seattle who are staying were told 3400 and I thought they told us there were going to be 800 kids too?

Woof!  

6 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

We are getting off tomorrow and our friends from Seattle who are staying were told 3400 and I thought they told us there were going to be 800 kids too?

Woof!  Thank gosh for lots of pools and bars!  She (Discovery) does have a max capacity of 5,800 with passengers and crew.  Going to be sure to tip our cabin steward, waiter, bus boy (who will be carrying all of those plates of food for me!) and my favorite bartender early!

Edited by Guardsy

2 hours ago, belmontcrew said:

I thought I remembered someone posting 3,300 for the week of 4/10, but that would be hard for me to believe as only two of the three dinning rooms are being utilized. Maybe I have it confused with another week. 

I don't think they dare load all three DR's into DMW.  System would explode.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Guardsy said:

Woof!  

Woof!  Thank gosh for lots of pools and bars!  She (Discovery) does have a max capacity of 5,800 with passengers and crew.  Going to be sure to tip our cabin steward, waiter, bus boy (who will be carrying all of those plates of food for me!) and my favorite bartender early!

Guardsy (or anyone that knows)...a question regarding dining.

Is there a separate dining room for passengers in suites? Thank you.

* For example, Celebrity has Luminae, and Royal Caribbean has Coastal Kitchen for suite passengers.

43 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Wow that is 93% filled based on ship passenger capacity of 3660!!

33 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Guardsy (or anyone that knows)...a question regarding dining.

Is there a separate dining room for passengers in suites? Thank you.

* For example, Celebrity has Luminae, and Royal Caribbean has Coastal Kitchen for suite passengers.

Club Class seating is a section of the Deck 6 Mid-Ship DR and is just inside the door.  Open on 2 sides to rest of DR.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Club Class seating is a section of the Deck 6 Mid-Ship DR and is just inside the door.  Open on 2 sides to rest of DR.

Thank you.

Is the menu different or the same?

30 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Same, except likely a special app added each night that those of us in steerage don't get.

Thanks again.

* Bradshaw to Harris...Immaculate Reception...I can remember it like it was yesterday.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

i was on the 3/27 inaugural cruise, and along with a special appetizer there was always an additional entree each night, and very good!  From what I can recall there was Lobster Thermador, Steak Diane, lamb, and sorry I cannot remember the rest.  And you could also order something from the menu in addition as the portion sizes are pretty small.

22 hours ago, ebeluga said:

Wow that is 93% filled based on ship passenger capacity of 3660!!

The passenger capacity is actually higher because that 3660 is calculated as 2 passengers in each cabin and doesn't include the 3rd and 4th berths.

• Thanks 1