Getting an answer to an email

lizee1979

Like most on here, people do not have endless hours to wait on hold. I’ve sent 5 emails to various different departments with definitive answers required. Not one has been answered in 2 weeks. I’m becoming increasingly frustrated with lack of clarity I’m not able to obtain. Can anyone share some advice? 

I also wrote several e-mails to Azamara, last month. Not one of them was replied to. I did ultimately get the information I was seeking, through this site, and then eventually, slowly, through other websites with cruise info, and finally Azamara's website.   It's disappointing.  I was hoping there would be improvements with Azamara's land support services with the takeover by Sycamore. 

• Like 1

We've not done this on Azamara but have done it on Oceania and Regent cruises.  Both trips we were overnight in the same port but disembarked the day before cruise end. (due to better flight connections).  Our TA advised the cruise line of our plans to leave day earlier and it's never been an issue.

Planning on doing the same on cruise ending in Bangkok in February 2023... TA has already advised cruise line.

Cheers 

• Like 1

@lizee1979  I see you've asked about this on ‘ early departure from Barcelona ‘ thread. Think you are going to have to persevere with Azamara on this one. 

We can all tell you what we’ve done  in the past but thats not going to help you for Dec 2022. 😢Ive personally flown home from Singapore on the late night flight  before the end of the cruise so that I didnt have to hang around on disembarkation day. Its been done in the past but sadly every country and/or port authority may have a different set up now.

hope you get a reply soon.  🤞

Certainly as of today the Barcelona authorities are being tricky for Saturdays embarkation with a very limited permitted window and no embarkation outside the times. The ship is still challenging it 

• Like 2

I tried facebook messenger twice with Azamara. I never got a reply. It's sad that the ships give such good service but are let down by something out of their control. If you used a TA at least they can have the torture of dealing with Azamara and their 'service' centre.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:55 PM, uktog said:

Certainly as of today the Barcelona authorities are being tricky for Saturdays embarkation with a very limited permitted window and no embarkation outside the times. The ship is still challenging it 

I think this thread is about early disembarkation but my question is will we be allowed to embark early in Barcelona on Saturday.  Flight arrives at 9.30 am.  Wondering what we will be able to do if we are not allowed onboard until 2 p.m.  Azamara flights and transfers.

Hope you are enjoying Quest.   Looking forward to trying the 'pink'.

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I think this thread is about early disembarkation but my question is will we be allowed to embark early in Barcelona on Saturday.  Flight arrives at 9.30 am.  Wondering what we will be able to do if we are not allowed onboard until 2 p.m.  Azamara flights and transfers.

Hope you are enjoying Quest.   Looking forward to trying the 'pink'.

No idea but the testing people did not start until just before 2 in Lisbon. Certainly for coming off we’ve got 4 hours and no where to go. It’s out of Azamaras hands

• Like 1

Thanks, looks like Saturday is going to be a fairly unpleasant day with taxi coming at 3.30 am Heathrow to negotiate and then uncertainty in Barcelona.  May be able to wave to you over the barrier in the docking area where we will be confined.   Will definitely need to try the new Pink Wine and possibly the odd Lemon Drop Martini when we eventually get onboard.

25 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Thanks, looks like Saturday is going to be a fairly unpleasant day with taxi coming at 3.30 am Heathrow to negotiate and then uncertainty in Barcelona.  May be able to wave to you over the barrier in the docking area where we will be confined.   Will definitely need to try the new Pink Wine and possibly the odd Lemon Drop Martini when we eventually get onboard.

I fear it will be a long day  for you. 😢
We arrived  15 minutes early at Gran Canaria port in January for our 2pm check in . They were very strict on only allowing those in at their allocated times, all the pre  boarding tests were done by an outside organisation  and as uktog has confirmed they start when they start and not before! 

Goodness knows where the Azamara transfer will take you after you land at 9.30am. Hope there is a good plan . 

• Like 1

We arrived at 130 for our slot at 2 at Barcelona and there was no problem at all. This was on the Pursuit on April 2nd. I would say in the lounge after we had our covid test there were already 30+ people and some were already on board for sure so they must have been a lot earlier.

For what it is worth, I emailed the Azamara corporate shore excursion office at an address ending in Azamara.com.  I received an auto response saying they would get back to me in 36 hours.  No response after 4 business days.  I will add the auto response came from an email ending in rccl.com leading me to believe Royal Caribbean is still running the shore excursion dept. on behalf of the new owners -Sycamore Partners.

• 2 weeks later...

If it’s any help, I disembarked a day early in Lisbon a couple of weeks ago.

Asked at the front desk if it was possible rather than spend the night onboard after docking and was told to let them know two days prior to arrival, which I did. 
Was asked to complete a very easy A4 form detailing the reason I was disembarking early. 
No issues at all, docked in Lisbon early afternoon and was off the ship within two hours. 

16 hours ago, pirokp said:

Please-Shore tour department won’t respond to an email, maybe she would like to know that.

why don't you email me at tyler6597@aol.com and I'll provide that to you. I don't want to post it on here.

tyler