Escape 4/16 is a go

Ocala Cruisers

32 minutes ago, Ocala Cruisers said:

Note from NCL this morning said enjoy our cruise,

I am cautiously optimistic. In past weeks, people have received their "your upgrade bid has been accepted!" email about 30 minutes before they got their cancellation email, so there is still a chance that this sailing may not go off as planned. Unfortunately, not all of the departments within NCL are coordinated and it is possible that automated emails are going out without the knowledge about possible changes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jules181 said:

Could you please post a screenshot of the note? I'm on the TA the next week, and would feel more at ease if I saw something official conveying the message. 

There's just been too much mixed messaging.  

We are also scheduled to sail on the 16th and will likely post confirmation to CC once we are on board. Until then, I am going to assume that there is a chance that a cancellation could still happen.

12 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Where did Escape have the repairs done? Hubby watches the cruise cams and says that Escape has not left Port Canaveral. Is that correct?

Correct, divers can fix a ship while it sits docked at port, and work can also be done inside if there is structure that needed to be replaced or reinforced.  

1 hour ago, Wordyways12 said:

It has been crickets out there today!  Any news or updates to keep the positive vibes going?

A Cricket. Going May 11 out of Rome. NCL just sent me an email today that our ship has rooms available at a much cheaper cost than when we booked a year ago. Wish we could get the difference in ship credit or something.

3 hours ago, Toledosfinest said:

A Cricket. Going May 11 out of Rome. NCL just sent me an email today that our ship has rooms available at a much cheaper cost than when we booked a year ago. Wish we could get the difference in ship credit or something.

I hear you!  As much as we booked in late December for this week.  Prices did fall with 60 days prior to sailing .  I just hope we can Escape this weekend.  That will be a good sign for the European cruisers.

Drove by Escape on my way to work this morning and same equipment sitting on the dock port side. People moving about on the dock as I have observed the past few weeks. Floating platform of some sort on the starboard side. It appears the same as it has while the ship is under repair. I hope you get to go on the 16th.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rabadipscavern said:

So is it confirmed this cruise is a go? 

All signs are yes. Those of us who are scheduled to sail received emails this morning (with today’s date) encouraging us to rewatch the safety videos to prepare for the cruise. Cabin upgrade notices also went out this morning. 

I got a room upgrade email today, but I’ve already printed out my e-docs and luggage tag the correspond to my old room. I think it’s too late to print out your e-docs now from home, so how do I insure I have the right boarding information and luggage tags? Forgive me if there is a thread on this elsewhere @99

35 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

I got a room upgrade email today, but I’ve already printed out my e-docs and luggage tag the correspond to my old room. I think it’s too late to print out your e-docs now from home, so how do I insure I have the right boarding information and luggage tags? Forgive me if there is a thread on this elsewhere @99

Just re-print your eDocs, they should be updated.  if you don't have a printer, inform the porter at the drop off and they should be able to hand write labels (I dont trust this nearly as much) for you.

10 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Just re-print your eDocs, they should be updated.  if you don't have a printer, inform the porter at the drop off and they should be able to hand write labels (I dont trust this nearly as much) for you.

Thank you! I had thought the e-docs wouldn't be available to print this close to the cruise, but they were! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pitzel said:

All signs are yes. Those of us who are scheduled to sail received emails this morning (with today’s date) encouraging us to rewatch the safety videos to prepare for the cruise. Cabin upgrade notices also went out this morning. 

Don't read too much in that email. I got an email reminder on Friday March 25 to rewatch the safety video after the cruise was cancelled on Tuesday.

20 hours ago, Pitzel said:

I got those emails several days AFTER the April 2 cruise was cancelled.  What a joke.

10 hours ago, roboref said:

Don't read too much in that email. I got an email reminder on Friday March 25 to rewatch the safety video after the cruise was cancelled on Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, disneywackerdh said:

I got those emails several days AFTER the April 2 cruise was cancelled.  What a joke.

While I understand that many emails are automated, they arrived AFTER official cancellation.  I'm assuming that since we are within 48 hours of embarkation, THIS time the Escape really is sailing.  Hoping you all have a safe and happy cruise without any events to affect our TA on the 25th.