Easter Sunday Clergy

Richncomp

Does anyone know if Princess still provides a priest for an Easter Sunday mass onboard?  They used to for Christmas and Easter, but that was a few years back,

so I'm not sure of the present policy.  Could not get a straight answer by phone or chat.  I will be boarding the Discovery Princess this Sunday, Apr 17 (Easter).

Thanks for any info!

Princess doesn't provide clergy but if there is a priest on board who volunteers to say Mass it will be announced in the Patter.  Sometimes a member of the crew leads an interdenominational service.  That too will be announced in the Patter.

Given that Easter is embarkation day that may complicate things since you will not be onboard until the afternoon.

Edited by capriccio

No ship provided mass. There may be a mass or religious services if clergy are on board as passengers. Sometimes one of the crew does a non-denominational service. From the FAQs

We respect our guests' religious beliefs and invite them to practice on their own or with their fellow guests. Guests who wish to lead religious services may volunteer by contacting Guest Services or a member of the Cruise Staff. In some cases, our shipboard staff will lead services. However, Princess does not place clergy on board our vessels.

Clergy traveling as Guests onboard our vessels are welcome to conduct services while sailing. They should leave their name, cabin number, and services offered at Guest Services and they will be contacted by a member of the Cruise Director's Staff. Approval of services will be made based on schedule suitability, appropriate onboard supplies, etc. Please bring your Letter of Celebret or Letter of Good Standing with you to provide to the onboard staff.

Please note that during Passover, there will be a Seder service (including Passover meal) held onboard. For Hanukkah, services are available and will be guest-led with wine, Challah bread, prayers and an electric Menorah (no candles or live flames) provided by Princess. Supplies are present and available for anyone who wants to lead the service at 5:30 PM on Friday evenings.

If you would like to bring on your own Menorah, you may. However, since candles are prohibited onboard all Princess ships, it must be electric (no live flame).

It has been years since I was on board for Easter, but there was no clergy-lead mass.  For Christmas, the same, but there was a cruise-director lead non-denominational service and a beautiful choir from the Filipino crew.  

For Passover, I am trying to remember if they provided matzos at meals, but I cannot remember.  There was a seder service, and matzo brei (sp?).  And this could have been Celebrity, not Princess.  Too many years ago!!