Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

4 hours ago, westcoastcruiser said:

We were assigned an aft on deck 6.  Contacted our TA and she moved us to deck 8 in an aft cabin.  She said cost is higher now than what we paid so no refund coming our way.  She tried to get us an upgrade or additional OBC but was not successful.

Glad you got moved to deck 8.

I would not be pleased with deck 6 either.

Finally got our second sailing straightened out for our B2B, and also got the hump cabin that was open on both sailings!!  Just a little email to Lisa Luftoff-Perlo at the corporate office and in about

4 or 5 hours everything was in place.😊 Google is a great place to find all kinds of information!!

I received a phone call from the "office" letting me know that everything had been taken care of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The move for us got messed up (  booked suite assigned veranda) but email to our TA Tuesday night and it was corrected and new invoice issued by mid afternoon  yesterday.

And here I thought they were handling by date order. I think we are on the same cruise in early December.  We have yet to be assigned even though our TA has supposedly contacted them several times. I also noticed online that the price we paid was around $500pp higher, but Celebrity is saying that isn't the case.  Very frustrating to say the least! I will fight the price issue when I get moved, whenever that is. I just hope it's soon before all the S1s get sold to new bookings!

Yahoo! Finally got my Millie Oct 15th cabin switched over to the Solstice.  Not exactly what I would have picked but then I have a 2A cabin and not a lot of choices.  Hope all goes well for the rest of you still in limbo.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

And here I thought they were handling by date order. I think we are on the same cruise in early December.  We have yet to be assigned even though our TA has supposedly contacted them several times. I also noticed online that the price we paid was around $500pp higher, but Celebrity is saying that isn't the case.  Very frustrating to say the least! I will fight the price issue when I get moved, whenever that is. I just hope it's soon before all the S1s get sold to new bookings!

When I was looking to see if we had been moved & checking availability of S1 the price for the Solstice S1 was just over $ 300 total.  So while  my TA was working on getting our cabin straightened out I told her if CS 1615 was available to upgrade us, whitch she did.  I just checked prices again and they have gone up slightly from what I saw on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, encjensen said:

Yahoo! Finally got my Millie Oct 15th cabin switched over to the Solstice.  Not exactly what I would have picked but then I have a 2A cabin and not a lot of choices.  Hope all goes well for the rest of you still in limbo.

Thanks!  We're going on Sept 24th and are still in limbo.  I keep checking but nothing as of yet.  We were in a corner family veranda and I think they are having a hard time assigning so many FV cabins into the mere 4 that are on the Solstice. 

11 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thanks!  We're going on Sept 24th and are still in limbo.  I keep checking but nothing as of yet.  We were in a corner family veranda and I think they are having a hard time assigning so many FV cabins into the mere 4 that are on the Solstice. 

Same here but October 8th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

Same here but October 8th. 

We've had so many cruises canceled that I'm so apprehensive of this sailing actually happening.  BTW, the cancellations began long before CoVid ... it's been forever since we've actually been on a Celebrity cruise.  Keeping my fingers crossed, though.

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We've had so many cruises canceled that I'm so apprehensive of this sailing actually happening.  BTW, the cancellations began long before CoVid ... it's been forever since we've actually been on a Celebrity cruise.  Keeping my fingers crossed, though.

I feel that way about all travel the past 3 years 🥺

6 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

I feel that way about all travel the past 3 years 🥺

You said it!!  Fortunately, we've been on several cruises (on another line) since the resumption of services and have a few more cruises booked on that same line before the September one on Celebrity.  2020 and the first half of 2021 were so very difficult on most of us.  

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

September 24th for us as well. Same category. Wish they had some options for us as I do not want a forward FV.

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

September 24th for us as well. Same category. Wish they had some options for us as I do not want a forward FV.

Unfortunately There are only 4 FVs on the S class and all are forward and the balcony is not as large as on the M class. On the other hand the cabin is larger with a larger living area.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Remember that if you get a cabin you don't really like, you can change to any other cabin that is open within the same category for no charge.  Just call your TA or CVP at Celebrity

True, but some of us are in cabins with more limited availability.  For example I believe all (or certainly most) of the S1s on my sailing were sold out. I'll likely need to take what I get, and considering they have open bookings now there may not even be enough S1s left to move us to.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Unfortunately There are only 4 FVs on the S class and all are forward and the balcony is not as large as on the M class. On the other hand the cabin is larger with a larger living area.

Yes there are only 4 FV on the Solstice to which if Celebrity would offer options to those in the FV cabins on the Millie others and myself might take, it would leave the forward FV cabins to those who want them.

I chose the FV aft for the balcony not the stateroom space and when booked paid a premium. If I am know getting a near regular size balcony I would have chosen a completely different stateroom category.

18 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

I would prefer and aft corner suite but would take the forward FV if that is all they have to offer.  But so far, they haven’t assigned us to anything as of yet.  Celebrity has been so good to us in the past … I hope that streak hasn’t come to an end.  

7 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Yes there are only 4 FV on the Solstice to which if Celebrity would offer options to those in the FV cabins on the Millie others and myself might take, it would leave the forward FV cabins to those who want them.

I chose the FV aft for the balcony not the stateroom space and when booked paid a premium. If I am know getting a near regular size balcony I would have chosen a completely different stateroom category.

Definitely … I would have called in for a price reduction on a regular balcony but there were no FV cabins available, so no price drop for us.  Had I known we were going to be moved to another ship, my decisions would have been different.  

22 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Wish they would let us change our rooms over to the Solstice, save them a

lot of trouble

I’m still trying what type of system Celebrity is using to move guests from ship to ship. It seems that they would concentrate on one sailing at a time until every single guest was reassigned a new stateroom before moving to the next sailing. It looks as though that is not happening. We were moved a week ago today. It seems to be a mess.  

18 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I’m still trying what type of system Celebrity is using to move guests from ship to ship. It seems that they would concentrate on one sailing at a time until every single guest was reassigned a new stateroom before moving to the next sailing. It looks as though that is not happening. We were moved a week ago today. It seems to be a mess.  

We were in a family veranda on 9/24 and I see there is one available for booking on that sailing.  So, I checked this morning and was still on the Millie for the 7 night Mexico, LA roundtrip sailing but in checking again just now, I see we've been moved to a six night sailing from Vancouver to San Diego with the same pricing.  I'm not sure what to think of this.  There is no discount listed for sailing one day less, airfare is obviously more expensive but they retained our aft family veranda.  Hmmm??  

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were in a family veranda on 9/24 and I see there is one available for booking on that sailing.  So, I checked this morning and was still on the Millie for the 7 night Mexico, LA roundtrip sailing but in checking again just now, I see we've been moved to a six night sailing from Vancouver to San Diego with the same pricing.  I'm not sure what to think of this.  There is no discount listed for sailing one day less, airfare is obviously more expensive but they retained our aft family veranda.  Hmmm??  

That’s crazy. I suggest contacting your TA or if you booked directly with X, give them a call.

I see I left out a few words in my first sentence. Should read “I’m still trying to figure out……….

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

That’s crazy. I suggest contacting your TA or if you booked directly with X, give them a call.

I see I left out a few words in my first sentence. Should read “I’m still trying to figure out……….

I booked directly with Celebrity.  I have a lot of OBC on this booking or would just start all over again.  I don't really mind the new itinerary but the cost was more than what we were willing to pay for Mexico but the room (and the OBC) made it worth it.  I see there is a good price on a flight from SFO to Vancouver and I can always catch a flight back from San Diego on Southwest.  I just have to discuss with my DH to see if the higher price is worth it on a cooler weather trip and one day less.  I'm still wondering if we are coming out ahead or not.  I do love that aft corner balcony so I'm up in the air as to what I want to do.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Same here! Still on the Millie same aft FV for September 24th but from Vancouver to San Diego.

Would consider it but the airfare to Vancouver is twice the $$$ and I paid and being charged for a 7 night sailing not 6.