royal genie expectations

Sky Loft on Oasis class was changed to Star Loft and is Star Class.  The first Star Class room on Quantum class is the Grand Loft.  We have never had a genie reach out before the cruise that wasn't interested in what we wanted to do.  The letter was part form letter and part their own letter.  Where is the forum on genies?  I would love to join that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

Are you part of this?   Is it worth joining?

I’ve been part of it for a couple months and my husband joined this month. I think it’s worth it to see possibilities and expectations and my husband enjoys reading it. 

• Like 1

We communicated with our Genie four days before our sailing due to winning a royal up.  Genie asked basic questions, i.e. soda, wine, beer, drink preferences; types of  shows; dinning time; all ship board activities, etc.  So, it is a good idea to research your ship, see what is offered and what you would like to do so you can communicate back to the Genie your wishes. And we got all our wishes and more that we did not even know we had.  Enjoy

16 hours ago, Hutcha said:

They have a ton of information. It is definitely worth joining. Zero shaming and bickering there.

We found this as well and its a great forum to talk to other star class guests and get information.  You have to prove you have either sailed star class or have a future star class booking which was easy.

25 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

OK, I must be a little dense.  I see no sign of a forum to join for Star Class.  We have only sailed SC and would love to see what other people say.  Any hints on where to go?

Royal Caribbean-Star Class Cruisers

31 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:
  • What is the "other one" forum?  As I said, being 72 makes me a little slow but I really want to join this forum.

It's my understanding that it's against the rules to mention other forums, travel advisors, or social media sites/apps by name here. That is why many are being coy with their responses. 

Let's see - perhaps you could "zuck" it up and "book" it on over to a social media site/app where you can get some "face" time with others who like to talk about all things star class. When you get to that other place, search for a group called Royal Caribbean-Star Class Cruisers. 

Hopefully that is helpful to you. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Jenglish711 said:

It's my understanding that it's against the rules to mention other forums, travel advisors, or social media sites/apps by name here. That is why many are being coy with their responses. 

Let's see - perhaps you could "zuck" it up and "book" it on over to a social media site/app where you can get some "face" time with others who like to talk about all things star class. When you get to that other place, search for a group called Royal Caribbean-Star Class Cruisers. 

Hopefully that is helpful to you. 😉

Good job!!

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 5:23 PM, Jkaczanowski said:

I’ve been part of it for a couple months and my husband joined this month. I think it’s worth it to see possibilities and expectations and my husband enjoys reading it. 

Concur with Jkaczanowski. Don't usually use the other site for anything but I joined a few months ago and it has been invaluable. Members can ask Star Class questions and learn about other experiences without fear of judgement or criticism.

• Like 4

One of the hardest things to get used to with Star Class is not to worry about it.  I have travelled RC many times and all but one voyage in Star Class.  IMHO, you can worry about advance notice for things but it doesn't make a difference.  Your Genie will have a basic plan for you when you board and will pretty much change the whole thing to whatever you want on your first day shortly after boarding and then will accommodate most changes you ask for as you go.  The only things I make sure they know is if I specifically want or don't want something that is important for the first day or a general rule.  

My last cruise, I was in the RL and told him in advance I wanted the 2nd BR beds split for my kids so they were in separate twin bed format prior to us getting there so I wouldn't have to explain the beds could be separated when we walked in the room.  Also I have mentioned not to book us in 150 or Hooked when applicable because we don't eat fish and aren't foodies.  Always mention drinks I want in the rooms, etc.  

Other than that, the Genie will give you their advance plan for you when you board and you should just feel free to change the whole thing on the spot to suit you.  IME, a lot of your advance requests will not be paid attention to with much detail until you are onboard or a few days before and frankly, I have learned thats fine.  Worry about it is not necessary and will give you unneeded stress.

All of that said, I have had good experiences with all Genies but some are better than others.  All of them will do as you ask though.  It's a matter of how proactive and/or friendly they are.  I also recommending tipping very well for good service.

Don't forget, one of the best perks is the laundry.  Pack light and do you laundry every night.  Its fantastic!  It made our stay in the RL laughable because we packed two suitcases for 4 people on the last trip and the ridiculous amount of storage was empty the entire cruise. 😉

• Like 1

We have also just been in SC except for a Liberty cruise and this last cruise on Symphony is when we really learned how good the laundry perk was.  Will keep that in mind for the next several SC cruises.  Also want to say all the genies are good but we all have our own ideas and some are just a better fit with a family.  We have never had a bad one, just some we like better than others.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I find the 'you cant mention any other platform' as ridiculous so I'll just tell you what I know and they can delete my posts if they want.  The star class group is on facebook and its a great place to talk about expectations and learn what to expect from star class.  That you have to be verified keeps the group only to those who know.