What Type of Masks for Italy?

Rick&Jeannie

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, jennie313 said:

So...just to be clear (because I can be dense sometimes), we are ok to use KN95 masks, as they are equivalent to FFP2? Or we need to specifically use FFP2 masks?

Thank you

Yes, use KN95.

KN95 = FFP2.

The mandate ends June 15, but they will still be required in health care settings, like a pharmacy. 

Don't overthink it. It is no big deal to bring a few masks. Wear them if you are asked to.  Wear them if you need them, like if there is someone with a really bad cold sitting next to you in the airplane. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from Italy last week. It is posted that you must wear a KN95/FFP2 mask, however, very few people wore them. Some wore no masks at all, others had just a regular mask. Personally, I would take a couple of KN95 masks, but also take masks that are more comfortable to wear. Other than the flight over, we did not use our KN95 masks...and on the flight back, we wore just our regular masks as did most people.

Do private tours get included into "public transportation"?

Can you tell me if the restrictions are still in place that cap passenger counts to six persons in the private tours that use the vans?  Tour operators used to cap at 8, but I was told earlier this year rules were put in place limiting to 6 persons.

Thanks