Royal Caribbean credit card rewards money

I have $150.00 in rewards money to use from our RC credit card.  I see it is posted and applied on my manage my cruise page , but it says for pre cruise purchases.  I thought I was told that the OBC can be used towards gratuities, or to spend on the ship, not pre cruise only.

I tried calling RC but was on hold for over an hour so hung up.

Has anyone been able to use "pre cruise OBC" on the ship, rather than pre cruise use?

I recently cashed in most of my points to offset the cost of our upcoming cruise. Since then I've accrued a few more and was planning on using them as OBC. Maybe I need to cash them out earlier than planned.

I just cashed in my points for on board credit. The points are also good for purchasing robes. You must "shop" on the Bank of America website under your credit card account. Add the on board credit in the amount you want to your shopping cart. To check out, you'll need your reservation number for the cruise where you want the OBC applied. I believe you have to do this 7 or more days in advance of your cruise. I did mine for my June and September cruises. If you need help, don't call Royal, call the bank phone number on the back of your card. I hope this helps 🙂

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Nope, guess I assumed there would be

Bad on me

I would have assumed the same. I think I like my Princess card better, you can use the points to pay your bill

According the Royal Caribbean Cruises Visa Program Rules (Bank of America) "Points expire five years after the month they were earned."  You can keep track of your expiration dates when you sign into your Bank of America account on their website.

22 minutes ago, Snackdaddy said:

According the Royal Caribbean Cruises Visa Program Rules (Bank of America) "Points expire five years after the month they were earned."  You can keep track of your expiration dates when you sign into your Bank of America account on their website.

Gotcha, but couldn't really use overvthe 18 month shutdown

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope, guess I assumed there would be

Have you tried arguing your point? (no pun intended)  It seems everything should have been put on hold while cruising was on hold.  That's a lot of money to give up without a fight!

I had points expire and BOA told me I needed a cruise booked to be able to stop the expiration. Now that I have a cruise planned, I got help from Crown & Anchor for some restoration of recently lost Points. Ask for the Resolution department to address this. I had to call back in about two weeks to see if points would be issued to my cruise account.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...