Middle Names when booking cruises

MountainEER74

This is a problem I have been having with booking Princess cruises. Say my full name is "Joe Sixpack Smith".  While doing a booking it shows my full name and my wife's full name.  However, after completing booking, the Personal information form shows Mr. Joe Smith.  If I book airline through Princess it shows Mr. Joe Smith which does not match travel docs.  I then have to contact Princess to have my middle name added to my booking before I book airline.  If I login and look at my profile it shows Mr. Joe Smith, so I try editing profile but there is no middle name field.  So...where does Princess find my middle name during the booking process and why doesn't that middle name carry forward to the actual booking? Is it from my Captain's Circle information?  How do I get this fixed so things work in the future?  Does anyone else have this issue?

When I flew out last year for a cruise on Mardi Gras my middle name didn't appear on the flight documents. In my limited experience ( Mardi Gras last year and Crown Princess next) the middle names aren't shown on flight documents

Edit: I just looked at my current flight documents, and do see my full name - sorry for the mis-information

Edited by Cruisin' Firerunner

Yes, we've always had this issue as well with regards to our middle names showing up in our booking information as they appear on our passports, and we can't find anywhere in our Personalizer to add them. Basically, we contact our TA and she gets them added. How she does it, I have no idea other than to maybe contact her Princess POC. Sorry for not offering an easier resolution to the issue.

I was booking airlines this morning and had to get this changed. Fortunately I was able to do it over Live Chat that only took a few minutes. I have booked at least four Princess cruises and had to do this every time. They have my middle name stored somewhere as it shows on screen when doing a booking. It even asks you if name matches your travel documents. Then you confirm booking and the middle name no longer shows in your Personal Information for the booking.

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not the only one.

• Like 2

Same with us...but it's compounded with my DW's name.  She has 2 "middle names" and there's not enough room even when Princess manually adds them.  One letter is lopped off of the end.  The rep always says they put a note in our booking.  We've never had an issue once all that takes place.

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Same with us...but it's compounded with my DW's name.  She has 2 "middle names" and there's not enough room even when Princess manually adds them.  One letter is lopped off of the end.  The rep always says they put a note in our booking.  We've never had an issue once all that takes place.

Interesting enough the Travel Summary document shows-

Last Name:

First/Middle Name:

For example

Last Name: Mr Thompson

First/Middle Name: James Neal

This does not display in the Medallion App in the Document section. Just more bad programming. 

If you play around with the Document section of the Medallion application there is a lot more incorrect with how it is programmed. It was obviously designed and programmed by people with no knowledge of how passport control works at any port nor  do they have knowledge how identities are distinguished in large complex professionally programmed systems.

• Like 1

It’s even worse for Jr. listed some places but missing in other places. Booked EZAir, called since no Jr and was told they didn’t have a way to add it but it is not a problem. If not a problem, then why do they stress that name has to match exactly

• Like 3

Ok, it appears this is a common problem with a lot of folks.  Can anyone here say that they don't have an issue with their middle names.  If so, login to Princess site and then look at your profile. Is it correct? Is your middle name shown there?

10 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

Ok, it appears this is a common problem with a lot of folks.  Can anyone here say that they don't have an issue with their middle names.  If so, login to Princess site and then look at your profile. Is it correct? Is your middle name shown there?

We are fine.  I have no middle name (NMN).  Wife's middle name is there.  Has never been an issue for us.  When booking a cruise this info is pulled in when CC Member Numbers added to res.  Info is in POLAR, so a TA can easily update and doesn't require Princess.  But info should be correct if a Princess rep can review and correct CC Member data. 

I do have an address issue of some sort in MC App system (from POLAR conversion somehow) after a recent re-book to re-fare one of our voyages.  Not sure why as never been hit by this affliction - although I have read about others.  I cannot select home/emergency return airport in MC App as a result.  OTD, I will decide to contact Princess about fixing it.

My PP shows 2 middle names and sometimes there is not enough room for all the characters to show on the reservation.  I recently called Air Canada to have this corrected and was told that "middle names don't matter" but he added the missing letters anyway.  I do know that that they really don't matter on a cruise booking.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

... I cannot select home/emergency return airport in MC App as a result.  OTD, I will decide to contact Princess about fixing it.

I had the same problem with the home/emergency return airport in the MC App until I made sure I had selected and saved the country code for all the different places that it requires a telephone number plus making sure the rest of the number included the area code.

One option might be to run your middle name and first name together, under first name.  I mention this because when I fly internationally on Air France, the airline does that with my middle name.   Just a thought.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

I had the same problem with the home/emergency return airport in the MC App until I made sure I had selected and saved the country code for all the different places that it requires a telephone number plus making sure the rest of the number included the area code.

I have been aware of the phone number thing since they did a change several releases back on may of the profile fields.  I had checked the info and it looked okay.  Your post made me go through each Personal Info section again.  All was fine, but I did do a SAVE after choosing EDIT - even though I changed nothing and the data displayed okay.  Magically, I could enter our home airport again for me.  On the other res, I tried changing the airport again first.  Nope.  Went through the Personal Info again doing Edit/Save without any changes.  After, the airport saved.  Strange, but true.

Now, I have a Medallion order issue (existed before the above).  I think I do need to contact Princess MC App team for this one.  It shows an order summary, but there is no "Cancel Order" option and I can see that it has FIVE booking codes associated (TWO of which are older cancelled versions of the THREE B2B's that we have).  I cannot do a new order and have it light up the confirmation button and no option to delete the old one in order to replace it.  Not a big deal at this point, but I do think that the situation with FIVE booking codes is the problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I cannot select home/emergency return airport in MC App as a result.  OTD, I will decide to contact Princess about fixing it.

I think you have mentioned in the past that you use a TA. They should be able to go into Polar and add this for you without too much difficulty. That would save you a call.