Bliss Pacific Coastal April 17th

ceilidh1

19 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

In case you thought I was exaggerating about the drainage pipe on our balcony…this is the sound of the constant running water!

IMG_2564.MOV

OMG.. that would make me constantly want to use the restroom.  Thanks for this info and all who contributed to the thread. Makes me excited to see Alaska again. 

• Like 1

UGH - I realised I made a rookie mistake. Last night of the cruise, I checked my account on the app to confirm it was all correct - other than the random drink tax charges (who knows if they were correct) it all seemed good. I signed up to get a final copy by email, and the message on the room tv also indicated that a hard copy would be delivered to the room before 4am embarkation morning. I thought no more of it. I REALLY should have taken a screen shot from the app, as once off the ship you can't access it any longer. Needless to say, no emailed copy and no hard copy were received. I checked by bank account and only the random authorization amounts (3 of them over 3 days) are showing so far - maybe it's just slow because it's the weekend. The amounts don't add up to the final bill amount. I also don't see my purchased cruise next certificates on my NCL account, and received no receipt for them when I dropped my completed form. I'm sure (hoping) it will all work itself out, but just a heads up for others - screenshot your account before you leave!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Crew: Outstanding (with the exception of our room steward - lol). There were far more crew than guests and every single one of them would greet us every time. I actually got tired of saying hello! Never any wait for dining or drinks. Bartenders got to know me and my drinks (though that could have had something to do with the upgraded drink package and my weird requests, and tipping) and I had some of the best drinks I have ever had in my life! 

Oh, the "good morning" gauntlet in the Garden Cafe... lol. Were the Pastry Twins doing their thing during breakfast service? Scared the heck out of me the first time - cheerful young women with a tray of danishes suddenly materializing at the table to sing, it's a bit much to handle before the coffee kicks in...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Oh, the "good morning" gauntlet in the Garden Cafe... lol. Were the Pastry Twins doing their thing during breakfast service? Scared the heck out of me the first time - cheerful young women with a tray of danishes suddenly materializing at the table to sing, it's a bit much to handle before the coffee kicks in...

YES!!!! And it wasn't just at the Garden Cafe. They appeared at The Local when we had breakfast there AND at Taste/Savour. Lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

Ha ha ha! I called them the pastry robots! It was so creepy, but kind of adorable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

UGH - I realised I made a rookie mistake. Last night of the cruise, I checked my account on the app to confirm it was all correct - other than the random drink tax charges (who knows if they were correct) it all seemed good. I signed up to get a final copy by email, and the message on the room tv also indicated that a hard copy would be delivered to the room before 4am embarkation morning. I thought no more of it. I REALLY should have taken a screen shot from the app, as once off the ship you can't access it any longer. Needless to say, no emailed copy and no hard copy were received. I checked by bank account and only the random authorization amounts (3 of them over 3 days) are showing so far - maybe it's just slow because it's the weekend. The amounts don't add up to the final bill amount. I also don't see my purchased cruise next certificates on my NCL account, and received no receipt for them when I dropped my completed form. I'm sure (hoping) it will all work itself out, but just a heads up for others - screenshot your account before you leave!

Usually they prop up the statement next to the cabin number sign outside the cabin door … did you turn to see if the bill was there as you left the cabin?

We have always requested the email statements but have never received a single one via email, so we take the one outside the door as we leave the cabin. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I also didn’t receive a paper copy or an emailed copy of my final invoice. Or a confirmation of my CruiseNext purchase… maybe Monday?

In my case the cruisenext purchase showed up in my online NCL account.  That was for my Bliss cruise Apr. 3-10.   I think it took a day or two.  I also never got an email but I did add up the charges on the TV screen(next time will take a picture of the screen) and in the end my CC was properly charged.

• Like 1

Those that didn't get the invoice in their email, did you check your spam/junk folder?  The email is very non-descript, it comes from Do Not Reply and is simply the PDF attachment of the invoice with the text "Please see attachment for details" in the body and "Your Invoice for the date xx/xx/xxxx" (indicating the date your cruise ended.

I could VERY easily see such an email getting filtered to spam or junk.

• Like 1

Another random thought - since we missed Victoria, do we get port charges refunded? That hadn't shown up on my bill by the last night? I checked my spam/junk - no email. I did check all around the door to the room as I saw a few doors with an envelop wedged in - not ours.

27 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Another random thought - since we missed Victoria, do we get port charges refunded? That hadn't shown up on my bill by the last night? I checked my spam/junk - no email. I did check all around the door to the room as I saw a few doors with an envelop wedged in - not ours.

Refunded port charges, if they happen, would be OBC while on the ship.  They seem to be a thing of the past, since typically they are only a few dollars and if another ports charges are higher, they don't come back and charge you a higher amount.  This actually started pre-covid when we missed a port in late 2019.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Refunded port charges, if they happen, would be OBC while on the ship.  They seem to be a thing of the past, since typically they are only a few dollars and if another ports charges are higher, they don't come back and charge you a higher amount.  This actually started pre-covid when we missed a port in late 2019.

I've never heard of that - maybe specific to NCL? We have always had port charges refunded if we missed a port - usually as a deduction from the onboard account but definitely as a refundable credit. I think they can't legally charge you for something that they don't provide, right? The charge depends on the port - I'm sure Victoria is up there seeing as us Canadians love to collect our fees. Lol. For me, it would be times three as I paid for myself and two kids, so it would be nice to get it back!

Just checked - for 3 of us, port charges were $685.32CAD - this would be for 4 ports. That's not a small amount in my opinion!

Edited by ceilidh1
more info

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I've never heard of that - maybe specific to NCL? We have always had port charges refunded if we missed a port - usually as a deduction from the onboard account but definitely as a refundable credit. I think they can't legally charge you for something that they don't provide, right? The charge depends on the port - I'm sure Victoria is up there seeing as us Canadians love to collect our fees. Lol. For me, it would be times three as I paid for myself and two kids, so it would be nice to get it back!

I asked on the last night, they said because we were already in the harbour that we don't get a refund...I had never heard of this before, but the only missed port I've had before was GSC where there's no pilot involved.  

I also have not gotten a final invoice and it also wasn't available on the app the morning of disembarkation either, so I too forgot to take a screenshot the night before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

I asked on the last night, they said because we were already in the harbour that we don't get a refund...I had never heard of this before, but the only missed port I've had before was GSC where there's no pilot involved.  

I also have not gotten a final invoice and it also wasn't available on the app the morning of disembarkation either, so I too forgot to take a screenshot the night before.

Thanks - I've never heard that before, either...and I've definitely missed my fair share of ports (though never on NCL). My "cheap" getaway definitely didn't end up being so cheap...lol. Or maybe it did - since I still don't have a bill!

And while I'm on the whining train...here is a screenshot of the soda package they insisted onboard did not exist (my kiddo is 10 and I was charged the adult/teen price). Lesson learned - next time do not be honest. NO ONE ever asked for his card when I ordered him drinks...

ps. Not really whining, it's only a $10 difference over the 5 days but all these little financial bits and bibs soon add up!

image.png.27da8c2c53bc8141bdc763ba499dc7df.png

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Refunded port charges, if they happen, would be OBC while on the ship.  They seem to be a thing of the past, since typically they are only a few dollars

My cruise in March missed Costa Maya, we got a $10 credit -

image.thumb.png.a102ee2a3a43c6a057a5f36f47fd022d.png

I think this part of your statement may be the case - 

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

and if another ports charges are higher, they don't come back and charge you a higher amount.

If another port's charges increased and offset the charges for the missed port then there would be no credit issued.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Von & John said:

@ceilidh1

I'm sure you are back home by now & enjoying a Welcome Home Cocktail!

I can't believe I missed the cruise...

Looking forward to "cruising" a little late with you 🙃

Cheers  --  Von

Home for now, but turn around and do it all again on Thursday. This time on Princess. I needed the week in between to detox. I ate and drank FAR too much. Lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Home for now, but turn around and do it all again on Thursday. This time on Princess. I needed the week in between to detox. I ate and drank FAR too much. Lol

Looking forward to your next cruise...

We are contemplating our next purchase - possibly in January... 🙂

My niece texted me earlier to say they are looking to cruise to Alaska at the end of the summer & then spend a week w/ us...
I may just have to crash their vacation/cruise 🛳️