CVM at YVR

Dismomx5

You have to pre book the testing that is at the Fairmont and it takes three hours to get your results.  They recommend booking for the day before. 
The regular testing site will be to your right as you enter the airport. Just keep walking and you’ll get there.  

54 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

You have to pre book the testing that is at the Fairmont and it takes three hours to get your results.  They recommend booking for the day before. 
The regular testing site will be to your right as you enter the airport. Just keep walking and you’ll get there.  

Thanks. We'll be arriving from Toronto, so will have to move from baggage to the departure area, I think. I know that CVM is supposedly opening a clinic at Canada Place "soon". Just now sure HOW soon. lol

On 4/23/2022 at 12:06 AM, Dismomx5 said:

Thanks. We'll be arriving from Toronto, so will have to move from baggage to the departure area, I think. I know that CVM is supposedly opening a clinic at Canada Place "soon". Just now sure HOW soon. lol

I was in Vancouver a few days ago (on a long train trip, not a cruise) and noticed the testing centre at our hotel, the Fairmont Waterfront across from Canada Place, was open.  The clinic at Canada Place still didn't have an opening date. 

• Like 1

We did the cvm test at Yvr on April 9. It was quick and easy. Yes, you

pick up your luggage first. There are info desks that can give directions. 
fyi: our results went to our junk file for some unknown reason so check there if you don’t get them in 30-45 minutes. 
there was testing at all the fairmont hotels but they were

more

expensive than cvm

• Thanks 1

this sounds helpful for us but we arrive at 18.30 on a Sunday evening, so we have a limited time to get tested once we get there! I'm really hoping Cunard switch to a lateral flow being allowed 2 days before embarking like other lines rather than 1 as at present, then we could get done the day before we leave home (we don't fly till July). 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 9:37 PM, david,Mississauga said:

I was in Vancouver a few days ago (on a long train trip, not a cruise) and noticed the testing centre at our hotel, the Fairmont Waterfront across from Canada Place, was open.  The clinic at Canada Place still didn't have an opening date. 

Canada Place Convention Centre is confirmed for May 1, and they are taking bookings now. Same price as the airport. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 2:04 PM, elmsliebev said:

this sounds helpful for us but we arrive at 18.30 on a Sunday evening, so we have a limited time to get tested once we get there! I'm really hoping Cunard switch to a lateral flow being allowed 2 days before embarking like other lines rather than 1 as at present, then we could get done the day before we leave home (we don't fly till July). 

Per the published times on the airport website you have one hour.  Tight but doable as long as your not delayed.