Explorer Suite

PSU

We upgraded for a fee to an Explorer Suite on Explorer. Can anyone that has stayed in the suite give us some tips. We will be on a Mediterranean cruise on deck 8.

7 hours ago, PSU said:

We upgraded for a fee to an Explorer Suite on Explorer. Can anyone that has stayed in the suite give us some tips. We will be on a Mediterranean cruise on deck 8.

- We found this posting of a CC member to be of possible interest;

"We stayed in the Seven Seas Suite 802 on our last cruise which was a trans-Atlantic from Cape Town to Rio.  While there are some issues to be aware of, but we enjoyed it and would do it again.  The forward bedroom and bathroom wall is slanted and the bedroom TV hangs off of that wall, we managed to hit our heads on it a couple of times.  Because of the suite’s position in front, and directly under the bridge, you must keep the bedroom and bathroom curtains down and the veranda door curtains closed after dark.  That wasn’t a problem for us, and you could go out on the veranda after dark if you kept lights off.

The main issue that’s talked about is that at the front of the ship the veranda is very windy, and if there are strong winds, the cabin crew won’t even set up the veranda (they tie everything down and store all of the cushions in the evenings.  However, we used the veranda most days – there is a couch and a lounge chair and if you’re laying down, you are somewhat protected from the winds.  We enjoyed the veranda and liked being able to look out from the front of the ship, but I know others have not.  You can also get noise from the anchor being lowered and raised, but we’re early risers and it never bothered us.  We also did not feel the ships motion any more than in other mid-ship suites we have stayed in.  I’ll caveat that with the fact that we had a very smooth crossing and never had any heavy seas". 

P1020108.JPG

P1020114.JPG

P1020118.JPG

The Seven Seas suite shown above is a different configuration. 

There is a poster here who did a daily video of his Splendor trip, including an extensive tour and review of his cabin. It wasn’t too long ago, scroll back a month or do a search and you should find it.

2 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

The Seven Seas suite shown above is a different configuration. 

There is a poster here who did a daily video of his Splendor trip, including an extensive tour and review of his cabin. It wasn’t too long ago, scroll back a month or do a search and you should find it.

Here is YouTube link to their channel

We are currently in #1205 on Explorer, an Explorer suite. I have only good things to say about it. Spacious and luxurious. The deck is a little narrower the some other Explorer suites we’ve stayed in but still perfectly adequate. You’ll love it I’m sure.

• Like 1

I should have mentioned that the Explorer Suite on Explorer is identical to the Splendor suite on Splendor. The decor is different. There are also different sizes of balconies for these suites. Consult the deck plan to see the different sizes.

• Like 1