Seattle Port Valet available to Carnival ships?

scrotser

The Port Valet website doesn't list Carnival as a cruise line that offers the free Port Valet service in Seatle (free delivery of luggage to airport from cruise ship, to allow city touring before flight).  I've heard others say it was?  Anyone used this service in Seattle from a Carnival ship??  Looking at an 11pm flight after our cruise and wondering what to do! (open to other suggestions)

Thank you!

I booked Port Valet for my Carnival Splendor cruise from 5/2 - 5/10. It did seem that everything was off one line when choosing the cruise line & ship. Try choosing the cruise line or ship one line above what you actually want. It will actually show the one you want in the selection once chosen. 

94A9064E-C48A-402C-AA09-E71081DF4E1A.png

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1

We are on the May 2 Splendor and I was also able to sign up. I asked JH and he said they were not participating at this time. They need to fix this on the Port's site to not let us choose the option if it's not available. Some people may be quite disappointed. 

2022-04-15 (1).png

Edited by RazorPokesHoney

28 minutes ago, RazorPokesHoney said:

We are on the May 2 Splendor and I was also able to sign up. I asked JH and he said they were not participating at this time. They need to fix this on the Port's site to not let us choose the option if it's not available. Some people may be quite disappointed. 

2022-04-15 (1).png

I will be very disappointed since I have a confirmation, have entered payment information for the bag fee and have a private company tour booked (that does not accept luggage) since I have a late flight.  I have received no notification that it is unavailable. Of course I have also received no notification regarding using. ArriveCAN either, but it seems to be a requirement for any cruise sailing in Canadian waters or stopping at a Canadian port. It seems that Carnival is not prepared for the Alaska season.

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 2

Just have a backup plan. . . .

I had booked the Port Valet service for a cruise on 8/10/21, and had an email confirmation.  We planned to spend the day in Seattle without our luggage, then take the train to the airport for our late afternoon flight home.  At the time we had read on CC that people were having issues with it, so I emailed them direct to confirm that we wouldn't have any problems.  I received the following response:

Good Day Mr.,

Thank you for contacting Port Valet customer service, Carnival Miracle is participating for 08/17 disembarkation.

Thank you and kind regards,

Rehan

Bags VIP Customer Service

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketraveleasier.com%2FUpload%2FFileManager%2FTripAdvisor%2Fbagslogo.png&t=1650467834&ymreqid=636a0dac-1cc3-7313-1c60-0406aa013b00&sig=9WYuZaKfxwwF9.0OIPwKiQ--~D
p: 877-847-0045
Bags
6751 Forum Dr #200, Orlando, FL 32821

It wasn't until the evening before disembarkation that I found out that Carnival was NOT participating in this service.  We wound up taking the shuttle to the airport, sitting at the airport with our luggage until 4 hours before our flight time to be allowed to check it in, then sitting at the gate for another three hours.

So while it may be an awesome service when it is available, just make sure you have a backup plan.
  • Like 2

CC is where I saw it also and I'm glad I did. Our flight is at 11:30 a.m. and was wanting to lighten our load during self-assist. I cancelled it and we'll just suck it up and condense the packing as much as possible.

The port site only mentions the participating airlines. I found the participating cruise lines on the visitseattle.org. Carnival is not listed.

47 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I had booked the Port Valet service for a cruise on 8/10/21, and had an email confirmation.  We planned to spend the day in Seattle without our luggage, then take the train to the airport for our late afternoon flight home.  At the time we had read on CC that people were having issues with it, so I emailed them direct to confirm that we wouldn't have any problems.  I received the following response:

Good Day Mr.,

Thank you for contacting Port Valet customer service, Carnival Miracle is participating for 08/17 disembarkation.

Rehan

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketraveleasier.com%2FUpload%2FFileManager%2FTripAdvisor%2Fbagslogo.png&t=1650467834&ymreqid=636a0dac-1cc3-7313-1c60-0406aa013b00&sig=9WYuZaKfxwwF9.0OIPwKiQ--~D
Bags

It wasn't until the evening before disembarkation that I found out that Carnival was NOT participating in this service.  We wound up taking the shuttle to the airport, sitting at the airport with our luggage until 4 hours before our flight time to be allowed to check it in, then sitting at the gate for another three hours.

So while it may be an awesome service when it is available, just make sure you have a backup plan.

I emailed PortValet and just got a similar reply. I guess I will make back up plans since I don’t want to sit at the airport for hours waiting to check my bag. Based on the lack of knowledge of other issues with this cruise from Carnival (questions on when to take the Covid test, whether we need ArriveCAN), I tend to believe Port Valet over Carnival on this, but who knows.

Here is the reply from Port Valet:

Good Day.    ,

Thank you for contacting Port Valet customer service, As of today Carnival Splendor is participating for the service.

We look forward to having the opportunity to Make Travel Easier for you!

Rehan

I know that Carnival didn't participate in the Port Valet program last season (2021).  While it seems that we don't know for sure whether Carnival will be part of Port Valet this year, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

Carnival runs a very lean operation.  For example in Seattle, Carnival ends the Longshore porters' shift at 2PM, while other cruise lines keep the porter until 3-3:30 PM for late arriving passengers.  (If you arrive after 2PM in Seattle for a Carnival cruise, you must carry your own luggage on board). Carnival also requires the shoreside staff at Pier 91 to clock out for their mandatory lunch break, rather than pay pay for the 30 minute lunch.  All the other Brands cover lunch breaks for shore side staff.

@JT1962, it's probably good that you are making alternate plans for your luggage.  I was at SeaTac just last week and I did see a kiosk/mini office advertising holding baggage - it might might be of use for you.  You could probably google it.  Hang in there!

• Like 1

Well, we don't sail until mid-July, so guess I have a bit of time to see if folks really ARE able to use it.  If you do successfully use the service from a Carnival ship this season, please come back here and let us know! 🙂

Thank you all!

• Like 1

We had previously used the Port Valet service, however on our last Princess cruise, the form from the Port Valet service said your flight had to be scheduled to depart before 6:00 pm. Since ours was a SWA at 6:15 pm, I asked if there was any leeway and they said no. The form used to be on the port's website, but don't know if it still is.

3 hours ago, Jamran77 said:

I just booked for Carnival Spirit and it was listed as an option.  Carnival was listed in the drop down box of available Cruise Lines, maybe they just updated it?  

I just asked JH a few days ago and he said they were not. Plus the Visit Seattle website lists all the participating lines and Carnival is not one of them. Seems silly since it's a free service and would greatly help their customers. 

5 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Good Day Mr.,

Rehan

p: 877-847-0045
Bags

I was on the same cruise and had the same correspondence with the Port Valet Service confirming pick ups. And likewise, we found out the night prior to disembarkation that it was not available. We were able to get our luggage on our shuttle and drop them off at United within minutes of arriving at SEATAC.

HAVE A BACKUP

I emailed my PVP after the reply from Port Valet and he said I would need to ask Port Valet since they were a private company and Carnival would have no way of knowing what their policies were and would not be involved in transferring luggage to another company.  🤦🏻‍♂️ Obviously the cruise lines are the ones who transfer the luggage to Port Valet, so I am making other plans. It’s scary how little knowledge there is among the supposed “experts” who provide us with need-to-know information.

Oh man. I sure hope that they are still doing this because we have a 10:15 am flight out and are flying with two little kids. I was depending on this.  I don't like that early of a flight but it was either this or wait until 11 pm at night. 

20 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Oh man. I sure hope that they are still doing this because we have a 10:15 am flight out and are flying with two little kids. I was depending on this.  I don't like that early of a flight but it was either this or wait until 11 pm at night. 

It was a while ago that I tried to use it but I seem to remember that it wasn't recommended for early flights.  Of course, I could be wrong about that.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:02 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

It was a while ago that I tried to use it but I seem to remember that it wasn't recommended for early flights.  Of course, I could be wrong about that.

I just tried to use it and it wouldn't let me because it said my flight was too early.  Sigh.  

Apparently, Carnival is still weighing the pro & cons of Port Valet.  It sounds like it probably will not be offered during the first couple 'turns', but maybe thereafter.  Check with Guest Services about availability.  It can't hurt, and maybe if they know that there is interest, it might move them (Carnival) to commit to Port Valet.

• Like 2