Music on pool deck

mappyuk

What do people think about the constant ‘ambient’ music on the pool deck of the ship. It just seems that nobody particularly cares about it. I tried to find an area where they didn’t have speakers but failed. Would have thought the top deck sunbathing area would be immune but no, there are two big speakers pumping out these mindless sounds. 

M

Edited by mappyuk
Typo

That must be a Pursuit thing. It would drive me mad. I’m glad they hadn’t found the on button for music at the pool on Quest (but hated they’d found it in Aqualina). Speak to the Hotel Director or Cruise Director whose in charge of entertainment and let them know your feelings. 

• Like 1

Music is so personal it is hard to get it right for everyone. We had the best cruise music ever on the Quest in December ... but ... it was live music at the pool area by the 4th Element band. They played classic rock almost every day. We hope we can find something like that next week on the Pursuit.

1 minute ago, GlobalMethod said:

Music is so personal it is hard to get it right for everyone. We had the best cruise music ever on the Quest in December ... but ... it was live music at the pool area by the 4th Element band. They played classic rock almost every day. We hope we can find something like that next week on the Pursuit.

Not had any live music outside at all. It’s just constant dance music piped around the outside areas. Prepare yourself!

We were on April 2 Pursuit cruise and highlighted the horrible piped music in our mid cruise survey.

The hotel director did seek us out ... only 236 passengers...

Apparently the majority of people want more atmosphere which includes piped music.

We particularly hated it on the Sunset Deck.

We have loved Azamara but the way many things are changing this may be ,sadly, the end of our love affair.😪

• Like 5

My love affair with them will fast decline too if they continue the pipes muzak. GlobalMethod, I do agree that music is a personal taste. That's why headphones (even now without wires!) are such a great invention. Whoever has decided to follow the piped music trend will  be first against the wall and shot come the revolution as far as I'm concerned!. 😉

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, anniesh said:

Apparently the majority of people want more atmosphere which includes piped music.

We particularly hated it on the Sunset Deck.

We have loved Azamara but the way many things are changing this may be ,sadly, the end of our love affair.😪

I would love to know how they measured this?  There is no specific question in the survey on it.

Sad your love affair is possibly coming to an end, maybe if things change back you will be able to rekindle it, but we know the feeling right now

• Like 1

Apologies.

I have been reminded it was Cruise Director ,Tanya, who informed us that many people requested more atmosphere.

I have no way of knowing if piped music was what they had in mind or who these people were.

Piped music is not Azamara.  Crew accosting passengers for an upsell in Mosaic is not Azamara.  Reports that the classic and classy library has been swapped out for dry ice cocktails and pay-as-you-go appetizers has me seriously concerned about my future B2B bookings on Onward.  Thank you to those who've shared their onboard experiences on this thread.

• Like 4

Unfortunately I think that a number of people who have been involved in the music industry for many years are now suffering partial deafness as a result of long periods of exposure to music well above the safe decibel level. So what is measurably too loud to be safe is not registered as such by them.

After a conversation with a guest relations manager some years ago, the decibel level of a particular area was checked and found to be well over the safe limit. It was reduced.

Our concern was more for bar staff - unable to leave their place of work, rather than ourselves and other cruisers - free to leave as desired.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...